Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Youtuber Issues

Hey guys! I know it sounds cringy but I really enjoy doing CAS more than actually playing the game(I know I'm gonna get hate thrown at me for this but it's fine, what I mean is that I'm passionate for the fashion i get to see among the CC, so it's hard to resist and not create so many looks!) B)
ANYWAYS, back to the business... So I've been making CAS videos for two monthes now, trying to upload weekly but sometimes life+college+work happens and I can't make it. I know having a sustainable schedule is one of the most important things for a newbie youtuber, but there are a lot of other factors as well... I'd love to receive any type of criticism (YAS, I'm ready for the hate too! XD)
It's all for my improvement, I need to know what I'm doing wrong, because in two monthes I couldn't gain more than 10 subscribers, among which there are my friends as well, lol! :D
I'm not as good at editing, I know that and I'm working on it as much as I can. Also, sometimes I feel like I have to explain my choices as of why I thought this thing would look better over that etc etc, but I'm very insecure when it comes to my accent! XD Not only the accent but my voice sounds annoying itself and plus that... Besides these, is there anything I could do to improve my performance and maybe earn some attention?
Here's my latest video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42prmLAAvQ&feature=youtu.be
Feel free to criticise as much as you want and as detailed as you want ( or well, I want it this way) XD
Thanks in advance! <3
Happy simming! o:)

Comments

• ProxibleProxible Posts: 9 New Member
    I can't watch the video now with sound because I'm in the bus, but I'll check it out later! About the scheduling. You could try to make multiple videos in one day when you have time, and then upload them in the next weeks when you have more to do. I think it's always good to have one or two videos as a "buffer" for when you are sick or have a lot to do so you can still stick to your schedule.
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    I'm kind of the same way, the majority of my videos on my channel lately are CAS. I just love being creative making sims!
  • hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member
    A couple of suggestions that will hopefully help. I used to do gaming videos back in the day (not sims related but still) and something that I found to help with an upload schedule is to try to find a day that you can just spend on recording/editing. My videos would range from anywhere between 10 minutes to 25 minutes. Back then I was trying my best to upload daily, so I would spend about 5 hours recording during the day, then edit my gameplay into videos that fit my general time frame. So if you continue uploading weekly, try to spend one day recording and editing two videos, so two weeks worth of content. That way, if one week you're too busy, you could keep that consistent post schedule while not having to worry about recording for that next week. Second suggestion, if you're unsure if you want to speak over the video to explain/describe your choices, then try recording one with the audio. If you like it, upload it. If you're unsure, upload it to see what the reactions are like. And if you straight don't like it, then you could easily edit it out when editing (if all your videos are like the one above where music plays over).

tl;dr:
    Try to record and edit multiple videos in one day so you can skip recording some weeks.
    Record with voice, edit out if you absolutely hate it.
  • SimsBeeeSimsBeee Posts: 30 Member
    Proxible wrote: »
    I can't watch the video now with sound because I'm in the bus, but I'll check it out later! About the scheduling. You could try to make multiple videos in one day when you have time, and then upload them in the next weeks when you have more to do. I think it's always good to have one or two videos as a "buffer" for when you are sick or have a lot to do so you can still stick to your schedule.
    A couple of suggestions that will hopefully help. I used to do gaming videos back in the day (not sims related but still) and something that I found to help with an upload schedule is to try to find a day that you can just spend on recording/editing. My videos would range from anywhere between 10 minutes to 25 minutes. Back then I was trying my best to upload daily, so I would spend about 5 hours recording during the day, then edit my gameplay into videos that fit my general time frame. So if you continue uploading weekly, try to spend one day recording and editing two videos, so two weeks worth of content. That way, if one week you're too busy, you could keep that consistent post schedule while not having to worry about recording for that next week. Second suggestion, if you're unsure if you want to speak over the video to explain/describe your choices, then try recording one with the audio. If you like it, upload it. If you're unsure, upload it to see what the reactions are like. And if you straight don't like it, then you could easily edit it out when editing (if all your videos are like the one above where music plays over).

tl;dr:
    Try to record and edit multiple videos in one day so you can skip recording some weeks.
    Record with voice, edit out if you absolutely hate it.

Thank you guys! Yeah I used to have an extra video up that way but lately I've been feeling insecure as I want to improve my videos but the ways I want to improve with, make it awkward and uh worse i guess XD I also struggle with copyright free music, NCS tracks aren't always suitable for The Sims and I'm just lost what to do about it..
    I'm kind of the same way, the majority of my videos on my channel lately are CAS. I just love being creative making sims!
    I love CAS but i kinda abandoned it after Discover University release hehe, hopefully getting back it it!

Hope y'all having a great day/night! Thanks again!
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I upload 3x a week and I recommend uploading at least once a week bc YouTube's algorithm picks up on that and bumps your videos up on the recommend page. Also always interact with your videos. Like and respond to comments. Tags. They are mega important. They'll make or break your videos!
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    edited July 2020
    YouTube is a marathon and a slow grind, so gaining subscribers for many is not fast. What you really want are subscribers that watch your videos, the interaction helps a lot.

Also, don't focus on the numbers, that is a deep, deep black hole that is hard to get away from. Make your focus on having fun and doing what you enjoy, your tribe will slowly find you.

Interacting with the Sims community on Twitter can help. Don't just drop a new video link and run but try and interact with others and see what happens from there.

As for the video you shared:
    -Personally I found the music to be off-putting and this could just be my taste versus someone else's. The reason I didn't like it is the base, I have a really hard time with deep base in music since it can cause me headaches. Again, this is probably more just me than the wider populace.
    -I did rather like the almost stop motion aspect of the clothes just appearing instead of watching you endlessly scroll through the options.
    -As a viewer, I do definitely prefer to know why you made your choices. You could always try adding text/subtitles to help explain if you're uncomfortable with a voice-over.
    -Now is the time to really play around with different ways of doing your videos and finding what works for you and what doesn't. Some videos may be a fail in your eyes but really they are a stepping stone in your journey.
    -I'm not an expert whatsoever but I thought your editing was good.

Just remember to loosen up and have fun. Each video is a learning and growing experience. :smile:

Edit:
    Forgot to drop this link in for you for some free royalty music to browse through.
    https://freemusicarchive.org/
  • pandamontokpandamontok Posts: 20 New Member
    This is every new Youtuber problem. How to gain attention. Including me.
    All that I know is, we can't just depend on Youtube to do the marketing.
    We need to go to places to promote our works.
    Youtube is a very crowded place. And there's an algorithm we need to play along. The machine.
    One thing that can help is to create something that's on trending, what is current. You might get a push from the machine.
    Then there are the manual efforts.
  • SimSoaps81SimSoaps81 Posts: 4 New Member
    I just started a YT as well. I enjoy soaps and made the characters of General Hospital. I also recreated the hospital and made an opening video in the style of the 80s one. I posted on FB pages and reddit to start promoting. But I'm also having the slow growth issue and not a lot of response on FB. I was hoping more fans of the show would get a little kick out of it, but maybe not as much as I thought yet. Also made some trailers for a parody based of the big Sims families and have done the Landgraabs and Goths so far. I've kept my videos short and funny in keeping with my own ADD, haha. I don't know if I should do live plays or other things too? Not many in the Sims reddit reacted to the parodies so I guess the community doesn't enjoy a good soap parody? I'd love any feedback. The Sims Soaps on YT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvFFB9SbjmPvsrMQaz0KcdA/

Thanks
    Jay