Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with Pets?

ยซ13
OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
I never really see anyone playing with pets or talking about playing with pets so I was wondering, how many people actually play with pets in their households. Do you use pets?

Do you play with Pets? 214 votes

Yes!
37%
BluegayleicmnfrshKita5399IcewolfKHS12aprilroseSsimgoddessBlkBarbiegalMartinvrudolphaJueJueCamkatMi9shaoscarmcruddIsb917Simburiansimgirl1010Paigeisin5friendlysimmerscchant86 81 votes
No
13%
CK213GoldmoldarsketchesBluebeard45qnoftheamazonSusanaLeoteMaryVannirishdragon7freindlylolOmairaSelinaKylesSimmerMarsOnverserSims4MagicalTalessillyangel0906garapoesStutumEA_MaiAtreya33Evie0602 28 votes
Occasionally
49%
auroraael14LaBlue0314Erja888alexspoom13NighteyesIceyJCabelle1863Colorist40lisamwittAlrynnasimbsimThunderbat87babajayneelanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83BoergeAarg61jimbbqMoon_Willowloubyloulou 105 votes

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    No
    For me I love pets in real life, but they don't interest me in the game, they're just sort of there like objects. I have a cat in my current sims household but it's not particularly fun to play with, feeding it is automated and cleaning its litter is automated, there isn't really anything to make me want to play with it. (most of the time it's randomly gone off to the Landgraab house by itself because apparently Pigeon likes Nancy more than me, I say "it" because I don't have a clue what gender Pigeon is as it doesn't seem to say anywhere)
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Occasionally
    Not in all my households, but i can say i play with pets rather often. In my legacies, if i would estimate, i'ld say i play with pets every 3 generations as an average.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Yes!
    Not every household, but more often than not. I've always had cats in my life, so it seems natural to include them with my sims. Also having cats helps, er, limit family size because they take up household slots.
    And they can bring you stuff. Usually more pet toys or upgrade parts, but those can be sold if needed. And they're the only way I'm aware of to get the feather collection.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Occasionally
    I play with a pet in one household with plans to include one in another. It will be my first time playing with a dog so pretty excited. I don't want to put animals in too many houses so it doesn't become stale.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Occasionally
    Only cat/dog lovers are allowed them.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes!
    I am an animal lover in real life and many of my sims are too. Cats and Dogs is actually one of my favourite packs. The pets are so cute and full of personality.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Occasionally
    Pets have always been too annoying and high maintenance for my style of play. Not just in the Sims 4, but in all of the Sims games. I get bored with them quickly. Maybe if pets had aspirations it would be more interesting?
    Also, they constantly get sick and run away in the Sims 4, which I find annoying.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Yes!
    I enjoy the training, breeding, and overall cuteness pets bring to my households. Giving Sims breeds I would never have in rl is a lot of fun for me.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, I play with pets, but it's really irritating how often they get sick.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Occasionally
    A lot of my regular library families have pets already in them or sectioned off into their own additional library slot. If they are in with the whole family, they are always there. If separate, sometimes I add them and sometimes I don't.

I love how pets look (and pets have always been a crucial part to real families for me), but they feel so soulless to me on top of being able to do next to nothing with them. They are decorations taking up a family slot, so I have to make a call every time I play.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    No
    No because we can't control them or turn off their autonomy. I'm an animal lover in real life, so I'm still upset about the decision to make pets uncontrollable because it means I can never add them to my households. I tried it once and it just doesn't work with my play style.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No
    No, I love animals but don't in the sims. WHenever I have them my game lags like crazy and keeps freezing (no cc sometimes MCCC and another small mod but often vanilla too) And honestly I just don't find them that fun.

One exception, I do play with the small pets from My First Pet sometimes. but no to cats or dogs.

That being said... still a great pack, I love the build/buy, cas, world and vet career, so worth it even if I don't touch the actualy pets haha.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Occasionally
    I kind of forget sometimes there are cats and dogs because strays don't show up in most neighborhoods (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and in past games that was how my sims obtained most of their pets. I did give the Goths a black cat though. I don't mind not being able to control them and I love the level of customization, I just honestly never remember to play with pets.
    I do however, love the rodents from My First Pet Stuff those are great.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Occasionally
    I have actually had to stop playing with pets because we lost our two dogs recently and when a pet would died in the game I break down into baby sobs.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Yes!
    I generally have cats in my households, but with this pet disappearing bug in the game right now, I have had to remove all the pets and their accessories from my households. The pets were an easy way to improve my Sims mood. On the upside, at least I could recycle the stuff.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes!
    TeeSea wrote: ยป
    I have actually had to stop playing with pets because we lost our two dogs recently and when a pet would died in the game I break down into baby sobs.

Iโ€™m sorry you lost your two furbabies. {{hugs}} ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Occasionally
    I just find there not really much to do with them besides watch them interactions are very basic no training them I really don't see what we gained by them making pets not controllable.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Yes!
    Cats & Dogs is my favorite pack. I can't even think of my Sims not having pets. <3
    I hope they'll fix the pets disappearing bug soon, the pack is almost unplayable now. :/
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    No
    I keep forgetting to add them to my families, despite having the pack for two years. It is nice to know they are there, I will give them a try eventually.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Occasionally
    I play with them sometimes but I don't have as many pets as before. The sims that do have pets in my saves also have the dog lover and the cat lover traits.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No
    No. I'm fond of pets in real life, but in Sims I don't find them very interesting.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Occasionally
    I used to play with pets more, but lately I've been getting annoyed of how my sims - who don't even have the cat lover trait - would spend their every waking moment talking to their cats, while ignoring their human family members and everything else in their life. So the cats had to go. They'd probably be fine If I wanted to play a hermit with no friends who never leaves their house, but my sims have children and friends, who require attention too.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2020
    Occasionally
    If it fits the sim they get a pet. I have a witch with a cat. Ginia Kat has a bunch of cats and they are her life.... and so on like that with some other characters. I do a lot of fictional characters from movies/books/tv shows and games... so they have a pet(s) if they are suppose too.
    I tend to play completely single sims most often though it's my comfort zone and that's normal for me. I play with pets more often than toddlers though and find them entertaining when I swing around to the houses that have them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes!
    If I have several sims in a household I like to add a cat or a dog. If I only play one sim having a pet takes up too much time. Same with kids.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes!
    Not in every household though, but most of them have pets.