Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What item(s) is banned from your sims home?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    The insects & worms. They are so gross.
    Also, the washer & dryer. Boring.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    TVs, generally -- they were SO LOUD in The Sims 2, I adopted the habit of banning them and only rarely relent.

I'd second talking toilets and high chairs, though. Opening the fridge and letting them eat from platters of food on the floor is a lot easier.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Ice cream and popcorn machine, which is a shame, especially if you have a movie club but they just hog the thing. They don't leave them alone and eat nothing else if I let them have it.

No gaming rig and most of the time no hot tubs either as my sims (at least some of the weirdos) prefer to sleep in them over their beds and it's annoying to have to direct them to their bed every time they do so.

I want to clarify though that I do like the features and the option to use them, I don't use them as much as I'd like to because of my sims obsessing over them. If they didn't I'd use them in more houses.

I don't like the taking toilets either, mostly because I got that buzzing noise bug from it when that was a thing and I got turned off using them after that. But also because if I direct them to use one most of my sims will cancel the action when they enter the bathroom and stare at the thing, like they need to react to the weird toilet every time they need to use it. So I can't be bothered. They are also kind of ugly.

And while this is not an item, pets are usually banned too. For the simple reason that sims can't remember when there aren't any pets in the household anymore.
    For god's sake Karen, we don't have a cat in the household anymore so you don't need a pet bowl for having a pet because:
    1. The cat died 2 generations ago, when you were a baby and,
    2. We DO actually have a pet bowl already. So stop it. Get some help.

I only let my sims have pets if I plan for them to always have pets. I even have sims that had pets in another save (again, not even actively but at one point) that I then save to my library and play in a fresh save, what do they want? Stuff for pets because of "Owning a Pet". Grrr!
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    Say it with me everyone! R A D I O S!!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    HighChairs! That's the only thing. I used to refuse to use the Globe Bar because the Sims were always using it, but I gave in. The same for the water slides. That thing gets used in the dead of winter, but it really brings the fun up for everyone.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    Baking or receiving a fruit cake. When I have new sims visiting my sims house who bring a fruit cake, I pause my game and put that thing in household inventory until they leave and then I have my sim throw that mess away.
    new.png
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I just thought of another banned thing from ALL my lots. The stupid gnomes! I hate them! They’re like some 80s lawn ornament that they keep stuffing down our throats. When Harvestfest happens and those stupid things start to appear, I sell them right away. Least my sim makes money off of them. They’re so tacky
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited July 2020
    Kathykins wrote: »
    sunblond wrote: »
    sunblond wrote: »
    Washers and dryers, dishwashers are rare in my game too, ice cream machines, popcorn poppers.

Why is the dishwasher banned for you?

Mostly because washing dishes takes very little time. Plus, Sims stick tend to stick one plate in them so you end up washing dishes anyway a lot of times.

If you upgrade the dishwasher, it only takes a few seconds to wash. I find manual washing takes too long.

Well, I have a mod that vastly reduces having things break in my game, so most of my Sims are, as a result, not handy, upgrading things is therefore problematic.

Oh, I just remembered, I never use that trashcan that gives you money for plates either. Too tedious dragging stuff to it instead of letting my Sims clean up autonimously themselves, IMHO.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I just thought of another banned thing from ALL my lots. The stupid gnomes! I hate them! They’re like some 80s lawn ornament that they keep stuffing down our throats. When Harvestfest happens and those stupid things start to appear, I sell them right away. Least my sim makes money off of them. They’re so tacky

In some saves, I've just removed the gnome tradition alltogether because 1) my sims already have a fully developed garden or 2) my sims have no interest in developing a full garden.

@sunblond Oh I see. Practically ALL my sims train their handiness, so naturally I assume that all simmers do the same :D
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Single beds. I hate the monster in the bed thing. All my kids sleep in double beds.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Chairs. I hate chairs. Standing there all smug with their four legs, while my sims only have two.

Joking, of course. Lol
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    When I have a gaming rig I put it in its own room then lock the door, only unlocking it when I want a Sim to actually use it.

Probably the bar, as too many of my Sims are drawn to it; maybe they're all secretly juice addicts. :D It's been ages since I've used the modeling clay. Just got EL (also DU and TL) so looking forward to the exploding toilet. ;)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Single beds. I hate the monster in the bed thing. All my kids sleep in double beds.

Especially annoying when you NEVER get a monster because you use a nightlight in all childrens rooms. I prefer a game without monsters and nightmares. where my kids sleep soundly all night.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Coffee tables. They’re so attracted to them, they’ll walk across the entire house just to put something down while there was a perfectly good surface available in the room they were originally in.
  • AbeericAbeeric Posts: 28 Member
    No TVs in any of my homes. I try to provide them with more productive things to do that are fun.
  • AbeericAbeeric Posts: 28 Member

Hahahaha... I finally decided to embrace the dang things and made a haunted gnome forest.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Actually banned? Decor that I think is ugly. There are some things and color patterns that really aren't my style in any way so my sims don't incorporate them either. I like a lot of different styles but some of the chairs and tables are just uninteresting to me. I know that we can upgrade now but cheap uncomfortable chairs, sofas and beds are pretty much out.

Other than for a few characters, I have banned "trolling teh forums". Other than for 1 or 2, I never use mischief.

If they are grilling fruit or tofu dogs when I enter the game, I cancel the action and throw whatever it is out. I'm not against the fruit and tofu dogs for some characters but for most of them? No. Yes, I have vegetarian sims. It's not to push meat eating. It's just that I find that to be unrealistic for most of my sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    I had to delete grills. My yard being filled with de-stressing potions (some NAP makes all the sims do them) was annoying but then we had guests start three fires in as many days... No more grills it is :/
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Cats. My sims would become obsessed and spend every waking moment talking to their cats while ignoring their human family members and the world arond them. I love cats in real life, but each time my sims get one I end up deleting the pet in anger sooner or later. At the moment, I find dogs more tolerable in game, at least my sims aren't able to pick them up million times a day.
  • bintalshamsa1bintalshamsa1 Posts: 53 Member
    The gaming rig is THE worst because I can only force visiting sims to get out by cancelling everything one of my sims is doing and making them cue up a chess game with them.
  • FallsmyerFallsmyer Posts: 22 Member
    The only items I really ban are the ice cream machine and the popcorn machine, because sims will prefer these items over actual food (even if it is already made and sitting on the table right next to them) even when they are starving to death. Very annoying!

Otherwise, no item is outright banned; many items just require a character with a story line that necessitates the item. Just had 3 generations of a legacy challenge with an observatory.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    That reminds me SHELVES

Much as I like them for decor, unless I have something preoccupied on it I don't bother with them since my sims like adding dishes onto it and then I'm wondering why they have a uncomfortable moodlet to things dirty around them and not seeing it and behold I put the walls up and I see the offending plate on the shelf that's been there for three days. :grimace:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • joelygirlsims2joelygirlsims2 Posts: 48 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    ...that gaming rig. Banned.

This!! I love how fast it gets fun up, but I detest that my sims are always on it.

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    ...that gaming rig. Banned.

This!! I love how fast it gets fun up, but I detest that my sims are always on it.

Any tv channel a sim would enjoy on a good tv would get it up fast pretty quick. Or woohoo, gets social and fun at the same time😅
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am loving reading the banned objects. I remember SimGuruLyndsay said according to stats future cube and voodoo doll were the least used objects.

Interesting. I've had the game since launch and never once used the voodoo doll. It just seems kind of weird and creepy.