Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A patch, a patch, a patch........I hope....

Comments

• Finnh93Finnh93 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi sorry to dump this here, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a topic on this forum (am I dumb)

Anyway reason for this post is to see if anyone else is having the same problem I am, since the last update the right stick on the ps4 controller doesnt work in Create-A-Sim so I cant zoom or rotate my sim, when I press the left stick to bring up the controller layout the right stick doesnt even have anything mapped to it

Even stranger if I am in game and go to edit a live sim then it works fine, its only when creating a new one, has anyone else had this issue, and if so any solution thanks
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Finnh93 wrote: »
    Hi sorry to dump this here, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a topic on this forum (am I dumb)

Anyway reason for this post is to see if anyone else is having the same problem I am, since the last update the right stick on the ps4 controller doesnt work in Create-A-Sim so I cant zoom or rotate my sim, when I press the left stick to bring up the controller layout the right stick doesnt even have anything mapped to it

Even stranger if I am in game and go to edit a live sim then it works fine, its only when creating a new one, has anyone else had this issue, and if so any solution thanks

Sorry, but I have never heard or experienced this problem.

Also, how many more households do I have to lose the ability of playing before all these crashing issues are fixed?
    2quwd7.gif

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    @Finnh93 I have a similar problem with not being able to edit Sims that were in my library prior to the patch. When I enter cas I am fully able to edit whichever premade is loaded up but if I add a sim from my library(prior to patch) to change I'm not able to zoom in-out/rotate that sim.

I've been using the edit mode cheat to change sims after I put them in a house.
  • jkgoodspeedjkgoodspeed Posts: 38 Member
    I, too, suffer from computer menu lag (among other annoying, yet not game-breaking bugs), but having to save literally every 5 minutes is getting on my nerves. The game crashes at such random times and so often, that I have actually had it crash ON saving. And whenever I mention this to tech support, I get the "clear Xbox cache", "uninstall/reinstall game and packs", which I have done twice with no success. I just want to not have crashes all the time...
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    What households were fixed?

Also, have they fixed the Front-desk issue where placing it in a home only allows to buy fireworks?

🤷🏻‍♀️ Idk. That was all the information given.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Last night I was so angered at this game.

I finished working on a household in Del Sol Valley on the 20x20 Ward Park lot the other week. Originally I tried to move someone into it, went to play it and it crashed. Tried again, it crashed.

So last night, I added it to the Library and put it on the Movers & Shakers lot in Willows Creek. Made some adjustments to it since it was a bigger lot, moved two people in and went to play it. Game crashed.

Reloaded the game, move the two people in and went to play it. Game crashed.

Reloaded the game, move the two people in and went to play it. Game crashed.

All Del Sol Valley lots crash now every time I try to play one. Just about all households in Brindleton Bay crash when trying to play them. The same goes for Del Sol Valley (none of them load) and also Windenberg.

ENOUGH EA!! When are you going to fix this???
    2quwd7.gif

• KDAMouseKDAMouse Posts: 3 New Member
    Hopefully a patch overhaul will fix the CAS issues soon, don't know if this been happen for others but my sims gets at least 10 to 15 calls to hang out never to eat out like it was before the patch.Its almost no point of having dine out .
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    KDAMouse wrote: »
    Hopefully a patch overhaul will fix the CAS issues soon, don't know if this been happen for others but my sims gets at least 10 to 15 calls to hang out never to eat out like it was before the patch.Its almost no point of having dine out .

Occasionally CAS freezes up for me. Now that you mention, there is literally no variation in hangout invites. The game has lost so much life after this pack/patch. I don’t even get invites to city festivals anymore. Next to no calls. Hm...

Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • KDAMouseKDAMouse Posts: 3 New Member
    > @iamoz96 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Occasionally CAS freezes up for me. Now that you mention, there is literally no variation in hangout invites. The game has lost so much life after this pack/patch. I don’t even get invites to city festivals anymore. Next to no calls. Hm...

Yep no invite to festivals , no club partying nothing lol the patch done made it worse on console
    Last night, tried to play some households, it crashed.

One of my Sims who lives on their own was out of her house so I clicked on her house, selected Visit and chose the owner and just as the game finished loading, it crashed.

I'm sorry but enough is enough. Tomorrow I'm contacting Consumer Affairs.
    2quwd7.gif

Please do...
    I will. I expect this game to work properly and the developers have shown they can't do that. I'm losing playable households for no reason whatsoever and I am sick of it.
    2quwd7.gif

Last night I finished a penthouse in Britechester on the Drakes Hall lot and tonight I moved two sets of twins into it. Go to play it, the game crashed.

Reload the game, move them in and go to play it. It crashed.

Some of my households in Britechester worked fine before the patch that "fixed" unloadable households in the area. Since then, two of them crash every time I try to play them.
    2quwd7.gif

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member

Did CA have anything to say about the situation, @adamclark83 ?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    There is a patch out today! I looked at the notes and don't see a lot of what people are reporting. Updates to Console 1.28. About to get on Xbox and check it out.
    I see no fixes for the NAPs in Eco and no fixes for crashing on console. So nothing I’ve reported or others have reported. Still not re installing Eco because of NAPs. I simply give up.
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Just had someone take one of my countertops because of Sharing is Caring! Somethings appear better though, but it still needs more fixes.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I have been having the glitch where I can’t zoom or rotate in CAS occasionally. Earlier today while I was trying to get a house from the gallery, I couldn’t search for specific things in the gallery anymore. When I would go to type something to search the keyboard wouldn’t pop up. Later I tried to build and the same thing happened with searching for items.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Regarding what is said in the patch. They barely scraped the surface of the gargantuan amount of bugs found in-game.
    edited July 2020
    _natalie wrote: »

Did CA have anything to say about the situation, @adamclark83 ?

They were totally useless as always. I contacted the ACCC here in Australia yesterday and they said that EA can't be made to fix the problems. All that can be done is for them to politely "ask" EA to fix the issues and if not, take the game back to the store for a replacement or refund.

Also, the other night I saved the game while I was playing a household, I quit while the house had visitors and when I went to continue it twice last night, it crashed both times.

It seems that quitting while there are visitors causes the house to be non-playable next time. PATHETIC!!
    2quwd7.gif

I’ve never had an issue with crashing but crashed around 42 minutes ago and lost an hour worth of playtime. I have had the game since around late 2017 and am a decently active player. I have never once crashed before this. I hope this doesn’t continents but it probably will. Console btw
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Last night I moved a pretty teenage Chinese girl into the Hakim apartment after renovating it for her. Played a few hours and went to save it before turning it off but the game crashed I believe while it was saving. I couldn't sleep last night until I knew the house would load tonight when I continued it. Luckily it did when selected my Autosave.

But this game should not have so many problems. EA has known about these crashes for many months now and not once have they released a patch to fix it.
    2quwd7.gif

Kersiexx wrote: »
    I’ve never had an issue with crashing but crashed around 42 minutes ago and lost an hour worth of playtime. I have had the game since around late 2017 and am a decently active player. I have never once crashed before this. I hope this doesn’t continents but it probably will. Console btw

I have lost three weeks of University credits for a sim by trying to save the game. I’ve lost a few builds I’ve worked on due to random crashing renaming a lot. Oh and I’ve lost at least three hours of gameplay because of a sim’s moodlet change. Yes, even sim’s moodlets can crash the game randomly. It’s been outrageous since DU patch.
    This is ridiculous.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    When you see people reporting these same crashes for over a year you really lose hope for any fix. I crashed 3 times today. Exiting build mode, after using the tripod, and the last crash happened while I was saving and exiting the game.

Has anyone sent in their save file ? I wish I had some insight before I go through the process of trying to figure it out.

I've played Sims 1-3 on PC and even though Sims 3 was an issue for me at times it was never so bad that I wanted a refund for the entire game!!