Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet Peeve....

popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
I always forget to use those tall kitchen cabinets in my builds. When I do, the place looks great! My joyous vibe immediately shifts to frowns the moment I click the half wall view and the cabinets vanish only to make a weird empty gap in the kitchen. 🤬

I wish they’d make it so you can always see your tall kitchen cabinets—they’re gorgeous!

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    100% agree
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wish they would make it so all upper cabinets go invisible when you put the walls down.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    +1 on this. It would make more sense to have those as floor cabinets that are higher.

Chazzzy: which ones don't or when? For me if I place cabinets without Move Objects, they vanish when I put the walls down. (with MOO, anything placed doesn't behave that way)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    +1 on this. It would make more sense to have those as floor cabinets that are higher.

Chazzzy: which ones don't or when? For me if I place cabinets without Move Objects, they vanish when I put the walls down. (with MOO, anything placed doesn't behave that way)

I don’t use MOO. I always play with walls down. Sometimes I load a house and some kitchen cabinets are showing. I have to then go into BB mode, delete the cabinets and replace them in order for them to be invisible. Same for the range hood occasionally. Been happening for as long as I can remember.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    It would be even better if they also 100% matched with regularcounters colour wise. It's kind of frustrating that on some of the sets the colours are a slightly different shade (so not being able to see them might be a blessing for now 😂).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Chazzzy huh, that's a weird thing to happen and I'm guessing a bug/glitch, which I'm glad to never have encountered but sorry you did :(

@MDianaSims yeah, that's another thing that's a lighting issue, I think. The wall cabinets react to light differently so the colours that technically are the same don't match.

To lighten the mood a bit: maybe someone on the team has a particular issue with kitchen cabinets so they don't get enough attention in development? ;) Kidding, of course. But still.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I like to play with walls half-down for the most part. I like to oogle at the wall colors and decor 😂 It would be cool if they added a feature where you could click what walls you want up or down!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I like to play with walls half-down for the most part. I like to oogle at the wall colors and decor 😂 It would be cool if they added a feature where you could click what walls you want up or down!

That would be fabulous!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yeah, I don't like that those cabinets disappear either. They're probably coded to be like the upper cabinets that disappear when you half walls or walls down but they should be coded like the regular counters.

I sometimes forget that I have them too because of this and then I go to place something else and can't. Then I put the walls up and realize. :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited June 2020

Actually same here. I play most of the time with walls up in the back and down in the front. Kind of like a traditional 'doll-house' or cut scale model where you can see the interior, but not just right through it. Or over it like a flat board game.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png