Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2020 (2nd Patch Is Out)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The NK pack was, if I recall correctly, mentioned to be coming in late August so I doubt it'll come in July.

If we get a patch in July, it'll probably be bug fixes.

Then again, they did mention some small changes to existing stuff over the summer so maybe we'll see some of that now? I'm guessing the inventory update and bills breakdown was part of that but hopefully not all.
    For the most part, I would love build mode fixes: the ability to rotate columns again, placement on diagonal walls, maybe some improvements to terrain (like being able to paint steeper slopes).

Late August would be too Late as the Gamepack has to be out by September at the latest.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    It's possible for NK to be out in July, of course, I just don't think it's likely.

Moschino came out only a few weeks before RoM so August and September could be the release dates for NK and the GP. I don't think they have a required amount of time between releases.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Nifty Knitting is nowhere near ready for a July release, let's be realistic here.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    A late July patch would still allow for an Early August release for Nifty Knitting, though that might be pushing the definition of "Late Summer" which is the expected release for Nifty Knitting.

But I'm actually expecting an early-ish July patch, which would not be a pre-pack patch.
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    I just want bug fixes. I have this really annoying one in my game, where in build mode, certain categories will still say there's new objects even if there aren't. It's been going on for a few months, and I'm almost ready to turn my main sim from a vampire into a human, have her complete every single University degree, reach the top of every single career, and master every single skill in the game before she eventually dies of old age out of anger.

Since Eco Lifestyle came out, my game wants me to believe there's a new pattern in the flooring category of build mode that I haven't discovered and it's driving me bananas! If you have Strangerville, try clicking on the armadillo and weird alien thing in decorations, selecting the other color swatches! Those were the two items that were making my game think that I had new items for the longest time before EL came out.
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    My prediction:

NK in August
    GP in September

Have they ever released a pack in July? I feel like the team tends to go on a summer hiatus.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited June 2020
    Please just fix the existing bugs first. Everything new they have added lately only seems to mess up the game even more.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I don’t know if this could come in a July patch but I do think with the new upcoming stuff pack babies may get basegame changeable swatches for their babygrows. I’m not a huge fan of freeing babies and don’t see it happening but changing the babygrows with the original swatches for basegame may be a thing considering sims will be able to knit new babygrows for babies. I know they say no new baby update but I think this may be more realistic to add variety to babies. However I do think a lot of bug fixes for eco lifestyle will come with the next patch.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I don’t know if this could come in a July patch but I do think with the new upcoming stuff pack babies may get basegame changeable swatches for their babygrows. I’m not a huge fan of freeing babies and don’t see it happening but changing the babygrows with the original swatches for basegame may be a thing considering sims will be able to knit new babygrows for babies. I know they say no new baby update but I think this may be more realistic to add variety to babies. However I do think a lot of bug fixes for eco lifestyle will come with the next patch.

Honestly that and being able to change their name (in case I mis-type or forget to change a last name) is all I need for baby CAS. I won't say no to more skin tones and any other customization they want to give me but those first two are all I need.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    IF we get a patch in July it better fix the stupid June 10th patch that broke the game. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people lost their entire Sims game because of that patch. So I really hope they are working on that.

I could honestly give two ships about pool updates, burglers, freeing babies, cars, all that junk you guys want. I just want access to a game I spent over $500 on.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    I would hope for a patch that addresses the bug issues associated with Eco Living. These are not bugs that are just a bothersome issue they break the point of some game play....such as the gardening issue ..plants revert back to previous growth stages or disappear completely ..or pets that disappear from the home....the items prompted by the N.A.Ps should not fill up the inventories of any npc's as what we see with clay or the future cube..etc; ...I would rather see this addressed in a bug update by ea then by the use of mods ...so I am hopeful that this will happen since ea usually repairs issues eventually ...keeping fingers crossed.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    My prediction:

NK in August
    GP in September

Have they ever released a pack in July? I feel like the team tends to go on a summer hiatus.

No they haven't but because of Covid 19 it could be different this year.
    wickichick wrote: »
    I would hope for a patch that addresses the bug issues associated with Eco Living. These are not bugs that are just a bothersome issue they break the point of some game play....such as the gardening issue ..plants revert back to previous growth stages or disappear completely ..or pets that disappear from the home....the items prompted by the N.A.Ps should not fill up the inventories of any npc's as what we see with clay or the future cube..etc; ...I would rather see this addressed in a bug update by ea then by the use of mods ...so I am hopeful that this will happen since ea usually repairs issues eventually ...keeping fingers crossed.

And let's not forget the glitch were sims are making lots of cake.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Man it took me a while to figure out NK is nifty knitting and not North Korea😳😳😳I was really confused thinking there’d be a pack on North Korea
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2020
    My prediction:

NK in August
    GP in September

That's true but they went and a hiatus early this year that's one of the reasons why they had the spring sale so early I think
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I could honestly give two ships about pool updates, burglers, freeing babies, cars, all that junk you guys want. I just want access to a game I spent over $500 on.
    I felt that.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
    My prediction:

NK in August
    GP in September

That's true but they went and a hiatus early this year that's one of the reasons why they had the spring sale so early I think

Yes I think The GP got delayed till Summer cause of this since it made more since to release the Expansion first so the Next Ep could get out in time by November. Had it not been for them working from home The GP might have actually released in February or March.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    Sincerely, I'm in NO hurry for some kind of massive patch. They wreck more than they fix, and then those of us who do use mods (myself included) have to wait for said mods to be updated. I generally pull my Mods folder and update the game right away, as the only time I attempted to play without the update, I forgot I had to be offline, too. Face/palm. But, it's a pain in the assets to have to go without certain mods for my game saves. I didn't purchase EL and the first patch didn't cause any problem for my game. However, even with my Mods folder out of the game the hotfix patch caused massive problems wherein I couldn't play my game because something was causing my Sims to come down with the red, white and black question marked skin. As I pointed out, my Mods folder was NOT in my game, so it wasn't cc. Thankfully, after a game repair, and then two uninstalls and reinstalls, the game righted itself. Then I very slowly added the updated mods back into my game. Finally, I was able to slowly add back the crucial cc (18th century clothing, hair items) so needed for the immersion. All is well, now, but I lost about a week of gameplay, as a result. So, I'm in NO hurry to go through that nightmare again. Thank you. o:)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »

Honestly that and being able to change their name (in case I mis-type or forget to change a last name) is all I need for baby CAS. I won't say no to more skin tones and any other customization they want to give me but those first two are all I need.

Yes I would love to change the name even if it’s clicking on the crib and changing it that way. I wish we could alter their appearance in cas like the skin tones, eye colour etc
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Here are my Wishlist for July:

1.) Vehicles with Garages
    2.) Selectable Babies with strollers
    3.) Spiral Staircases
    4.) Another World with Apartments, Houses and Community Lots
    5.) Spiral Staircases
    6.) Police & Burglar NPC
    7.) Colorwheel for CAS & Build Mode

Lol I know this is a wishlist but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 we're still talking about a patch, this is a lot😂😅
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    I'm hoping we get somemore makeups. I'd really love more eyelashes also.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Alien faces must be fixed. I know I’m repeating myself, but I can’t stress this enough. Five years is far too long to ignore a major glitch like this.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I doubt we will get a big patch so soon after the last big one. I assume bug fixes
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Here are my Wishlist for July:

1.) Vehicles with Garages
    2.) Selectable Babies with strollers
    3.) Spiral Staircases
    4.) Another World with Apartments, Houses and Community Lots
    5.) Spiral Staircases
    6.) Police & Burglar NPC
    7.) Colorwheel for CAS & Build Mode

If we get a new world in a patch it will be all blank like Newcrest.

Honestly...I would be excited for this. I've been wanting more blank worlds. I would buy a pack dedicated to getting just blank worlds. Not worlds like we've typically got either, more unique like the secret worlds. But if we were to get another blank one free I think another desert world or something like Sulani/Selvedorada would be cool.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    How about Snow Depth in The Sims 4?