Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2020 (2nd Patch Is Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
It's time to speculate about the Next Update again and I hope it's a pretty big one in July.

I'm hoping for a Summer Update that adds more pool items eg Pool Slides and Pool Waterfall and prehaps some outdoor lighting for fences. There is also the possibity the gallery is being updated with a new feature see post.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/977895/new-gallery-update-coming-soon

Aside from a Summer Update I'm hoping we get a lot of bug fixes to both pc and consoles. For consoles bug fixes to make the game lag less and not crash on community lots.

Niffty Knitting might release in July. If so this would be a Pre Sp Patch to the base game.

Update
July 8 2020

Patch Notes
Update 07/08/2020
PC: 1.64.84.1020 / Mac: 1.64.84.1220
Console: Version 1.28

Hello Simmers!

We have a small but important update for you to address a couple of critical issues. As well as a “Coming Soon” feature announcement that you can find in The Gallery! We hope you will join in on the fun as we get closer to the 17th! Check out the Gallery for more details!

Happy Simming,
SimGuruGnome Ft. SimGuruRusskii

And now onto the fixes:

Sims 4
Fixed an issue with cycling swatch options while using the Numpad + and - keys.
Fixed an issue which caused Error 122:324a2e8e to occur.
Fixed an issue which caused Error 134:b378c837 to occur.
Hello Error 134, was it me you were looking for? I don’t wonder where you are (now) and I don’t wonder what you do (now), I hope you don’t get lonely…
Fixed an issue in which when two Households were on Vacation (or one of them were), the messages for Vacation Ending were ambiguous or incorrect.
Fixed an issue for Consoles in which the Main Menu became unresponsive when disconnected from The Gallery.
Fixed an issue in which if Simmers were offline and they clicked on The Gallery tab or their Profile tab resulted in their contents in My Library would disappear.
We turned it off and on again.
Made some updates to some of the icons for Off-The-Grid related Moodlets.
Fixed an issue in which some floor textures were disappearing if Stilts were put over terrain tiles. Kinda groovy but we had to fix that.
Create a Sim asset yfBody_EF18SportStriped_SolidBlueTurquoise has been fixed to avoid clipping with all types of shoes. In the same vein, we fixed a clipping issue when top yfTop_EP03JacketTie_SolidBlueDkBlue is paired with bottom yfBottom_EP02SkirtAsym_Blue (for those who own Get Together and City Living).

Get Together
Corrected Residential Lot status of “The Summer Home” Lot in Winderburg. Against all previous evidence, it is actually NOT an Incomplete Lot.

Discover University
Fixed an issue in which the game froze when moving to dorms in University of Britechester when giving control to another Sim.
The University of Britechester and The Foxbury Institute have now associated some of their Degrees with Freelancer Maker and Civil Designer careers! See you next term Simmers!

Eco Lifestyle
Fixed an issue in which the Fabrication sound effect continued playing even after Fabricator had completed its task. Had the Fabricator become sentient… self aware?
Sims will now actually receive their inheritance after Marrying within the 7 days as instructed. Marry for love or Simoleons? <insert Telenovela Music>
Next on Pasión de Simoleones.
-”Roberto Alejandro del Valle de la Mancha - I love you, I’m glad we are finally together after numerous Sim days and nights… even at Super Speed 3… it felt like an eternity not being able to tell you about my feelings…”
-”Catalina Josefina Martínez Ochoa de la Trinidad, I loved you since you got that phone message saying you had an inheritance coming… my love will be with you always… or at least until my Motherlode cheat stops working and those Simoleons run out…” <looks away>
-”Oh Roberto Alejandro… <dramatic embrace>
Don’t miss our next episode…
Somebody please stop Russkii.
Fixed an issue in which while playing in Low Medium Graphic Settings, doors and windows would not display in Pinecrest Apartments. Where did they go? What secrets have they unveiled?
Corrected some terminology related to policies in the Bills and Utilities interface.
Fixed an issue in which when zooming in Pinecrest Apartments, you could sometimes see a hole in the ground without textures. Nothing ominous, no… right?

Tiny Living
The 'All Included!' Lamp With Storage is no more, it has become the 'Not All Included!' Lamp Without Storage as our text writer was deceived and the Lamp does not allow a deco slot. Shenanigans!
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Are they really that far along in the NK pack that it could release in July? Seems like they still have a ways to go to me.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    is coming in late july or aug maybe
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I might as well hope for R&B, cause focus station would sound like new age, cause we already got new age with Spa Day.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Are they really that far along in the NK pack that it could release in July? Seems like they still have a ways to go to me.

I think they are that far along.
    edited June 2020
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I might as well hope for R&B, cause focus station would sound like new age, cause we already got new age with Spa Day.

It could very well be more new age. I'd welcome more piano or it could be beautiful music the kind I listen to in real life think lush strings,elevator music,lush music you use to hear in doctors and dentist offices etc.

Hoping it will be music like this. I'm Easy Andre Kostelanetz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUecNmeIMq4
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2020
    I just want bug fixes. I have this really annoying one in my game, where in build mode, certain categories will still say there's new objects even if there aren't. It's been going on for a few months, and I'm almost ready to turn my main sim from a vampire into a human, have her complete every single University degree, reach the top of every single career, and master every single skill in the game before she eventually dies of old age out of anger.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Laundry Day was feature complete in October and the active development ended in early November. The pack itself was not released until more than 2 months later in January.

According to SimGuruConor's last post on June 16, they were still in active development of Nifty Knitting, so a July release is unlikely.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited June 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »

Laundry Day was feature complete in October and the active development ended in early November. The pack itself was not released until more than 2 months later in January.

According to SimGuruConor's last post on June 16, they were still in active development of Nifty Knitting, so a July release is unlikely.

Yes but The Gamepack is coming up sometimes this Summer.. I'd estimate it needs to be out by atleast September cause of the Next Expansion coming in November. The latest I think this SP could be out is by August. I doubt they'd release a Gamepack in October then an EP in November.

Edit
    Well I guess it's possible the Expansion could release in December.
    edited June 2020
    I just want bug fixes. I have this really annoying one in my game, where in build mode, certain categories will still say there's new objects even if there aren't. It's been going on for a few months, and I'm almost ready to turn my main sim from a vampire into a human, have her complete every single University degree, reach the top of every single career, and master every single skill in the game before she eventually dies of old age out of anger.

The Eco Living crashes also need addressing. People who have never had crashes are expeirencing after installing this EP unless it's from the Pre EP Patch.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes but The Gamepack is coming up sometimes this Summer.. I'd estimate it needs to be out by atleast September cause of the Next Expansion coming in November. The latest I think this SP could be out is by August. I doubt they'd release a Gamepack in October then an EP in November.

Yeah the game pack is definitely going to be released by September, just for the simple reason that October isn’t even part of the 6-month road map, which is from April to September.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    If the patch is early in July, I'm hoping for mostly bug fixes, maybe some pool advancements... but if the patch is not a pre-pack patch, I'm hoping more for bug fixes than anything else. Possibly some base game improvements from whatever poll was about a year ago.

If the patch is late July, I'm expecting this will be a pre-pack patch, so in addition to bug fixes - always want more bugfixes - it would be whatever UI changes are needed for CAS for nifty Knitting (and possibly a lot of CAS CC breaking... that's going to be painful.) Maybe - and this is wild speculation - some sort of CAS options for babies, but I'm not actually holding my breath for that. Maybe combined with whatever base game improvements from whatever poll was a about a year ago, but that would probably be asking for too much.

Of course, when dealing with bug-fixes, one must remember the Bug fix theme song...

99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs
    take one down and patch it around
    137 little bugs in the code
    edited June 2020
    I did some research and last year's Summer Patch came in September so we may not get a Summer Update in July but in case your wondering what we got in last year's I'll leave this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAp4t1TiZGo
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Bug fixes and hopefully reintroducing of Jasmine Holiday and her challenges or a themed week. I like that.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Here are my Wishlist for July:

1.) Vehicles with Garages
    2.) Selectable Babies with strollers
    3.) Spiral Staircases
    4.) Another World with Apartments, Houses and Community Lots
    5.) Spiral Staircases
    6.) Police & Burglar NPC
    7.) Colorwheel for CAS & Build Mode
    Here are my Wishlist for July:

1.) Vehicles with Garages
    2.) Selectable Babies with strollers
    3.) Spiral Staircases
    4.) Another World with Apartments, Houses and Community Lots
    5.) Spiral Staircases
    6.) Police & Burglar NPC
    7.) Colorwheel for CAS & Build Mode

If we get a new world in a patch it will be all blank like Newcrest.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm fine if they just focus on bug fixing, they need to go back and look into what went wrong with the latest patch and with Eco Lifestyle and also learn and improve from this...

I'm hoping that they will look into what went wrong with the latest patch and why a lot of people are reporting that they experience lag and crashing.

The NAPs have to be balanced and configured, NAPs from all neighborhoods are applied to visiting NPCs, Sharing is Caring is destroying lots, future cubes and clay are spawning forever in sims inventories. The insects farms have to be balanced, and some autonomous actions seems like they need to be looked over as well. We also have some new strange bugs like the burning toilet and pets disappearing.

But I also hope that the developers will get some time off so that they can relax and be back for more after the summer.
  • KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    What about the burglars in Sims 4 are we going to get an update for that?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

They said most likely late summer so I don't think it would be July but I wouldn't mind it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    What about the burglars in Sims 4 are we going to get an update for that?

I doubt it will be anytime soon but I would be happy if it was
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Bug fixes, bug fixes and bug fixes is what i wish.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    My guess is we won't get anything new. I hope they use the patch to finally fix the mess they generated last time, it's a shame that anyone has to wait a month until "regular patchday" to get a bugfix for that kind of big issues for many players.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    The NK pack was, if I recall correctly, mentioned to be coming in late August so I doubt it'll come in July.

If we get a patch in July, it'll probably be bug fixes.

Then again, they did mention some small changes to existing stuff over the summer so maybe we'll see some of that now? I'm guessing the inventory update and bills breakdown was part of that but hopefully not all.
    For the most part, I would love build mode fixes: the ability to rotate columns again, placement on diagonal walls, maybe some improvements to terrain (like being able to paint steeper slopes).
    The NK pack was, if I recall correctly, mentioned to be coming in late August so I doubt it'll come in July.

If we get a patch in July, it'll probably be bug fixes.

Then again, they did mention some small changes to existing stuff over the summer so maybe we'll see some of that now? I'm guessing the inventory update and bills breakdown was part of that but hopefully not all.
    For the most part, I would love build mode fixes: the ability to rotate columns again, placement on diagonal walls, maybe some improvements to terrain (like being able to paint steeper slopes).

they said late summer @darrenfroggy so it could be late july
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I think someone above mentioned something like this and it’s what gave me the idea. I would love for you to be able to select babies in CAS to change their outfits and this is stupid but often I name my babies and if the parents aren’t married, I forget to change their surname to their dads (not because that’s how it should be, my parents were never married and I have my dads surname not my mums, just the way i’ve been raised), so i’d Love to be able to change the name with cas.fulleditmode. I also think being able to change their skin tone, eye color and maybe a few other genetic things would be cool for story telling. Babies all look to similar. If we can’t get a full baby update, i’d Just love some new genetics for them, outfits and bassinets.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
    I think someone above mentioned something like this and it’s what gave me the idea. I would love for you to be able to select babies in CAS to change their outfits and this is stupid but often I name my babies and if the parents aren’t married, I forget to change their surname to their dads (not because that’s how it should be, my parents were never married and I have my dads surname not my mums, just the way i’ve been raised), so i’d Love to be able to change the name with cas.fulleditmode. I also think being able to change their skin tone, eye color and maybe a few other genetic things would be cool for story telling. Babies all look to similar. If we can’t get a full baby update, i’d Just love some new genetics for them, outfits and bassinets.

agreed