Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's 2020 and I'm still buying stuff from the sims 3 store

Comments

• SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @SuzyCue72, I was disappointed when they removed them in or around june/July 2017 myself. They had disabled them so that the techs over there could find out why they ads had stopped working. The ads were playing, they just wasn't paying out the simpoints like they should had been doing. I wished that they had found out what the problem was and had them put back up... :cry: I had gotten a lot of stuff from the store just because of those ads were there. Oh the good old days... :cry:

@lisasc360 Yeah, me too, it was a real pity that they stopped coming, and a big disappointment to a lot of TS3 simmers with a somewhat limited budget. Apparently the tech people didn't manage to fix it, or their bosses didn't think it was important enough, and transferred them to some other project instead. :/
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    @SuzyCue72, I was disappointed when they removed them in or around june/July 2017 myself. They had disabled them so that the techs over there could find out why they ads had stopped working. The ads were playing, they just wasn't paying out the simpoints like they should had been doing. I wished that they had found out what the problem was and had them put back up... :cry: I had gotten a lot of stuff from the store just because of those ads were there. Oh the good old days... :cry:

@lisasc360 Yeah, me too, it was a real pity that they stopped coming, and a big disappointment to a lot of TS3 simmers with a somewhat limited budget. Apparently the tech people didn't manage to fix it, or their bosses didn't think it was important enough, and transferred them to some other project instead. :/

@SuzyCue72, Yeah you're probably right about them not being able to fix if even they had any intention of doing so which is a shame as there is still a lot of us that play TS3 and use the store. I've only brought simpoints twice over the years since I've been a Sims player. The first time was when I was playing TS2 and then for TS3. And yeah, you're also right about them being good for people who have limited budget as the ads did come in quite handy for them. I'm just glad that I got all of the store worlds with the simpoints that I did earn from the ads as that is what I wanted to get as well a few a sets. Of course most of the sets that I do have I was able to get them through the Complete Your Set method as they either were afforded enough to only spend a few simpoints to them being free if they were over the 50% owned.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I have most of what I need and refuse to pay full price for those items I still want. I do check the daily deals but somehow keep missing the things I am after. Who wants to be up in the middle of the night to spend sim points :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I have most of what I need and refuse to pay full price for those items I still want. I do check the daily deals but somehow keep missing the things I am after. Who wants to be up in the middle of the night to spend sim points :D

...*nervously raises hand* 🙋

ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    McTosh wrote: »

I bet your Mom is not gonna like that one little bit... :D
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I posted my wishlist a couple pages back if anyone has spare points I have some cheap stuff on wl not just expensive
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    No. I stopped buying from the store ages ago - because there is nothing left in the store that I don't already have.
  • VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    i've just been tryin' to get everything i want before they decide to shut the store down
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    i've just been tryin' to get everything i want before they decide to shut the store down

See this is my worry, what will they do about the items people have bought :\ I wish they had a download all button on the store once you've bought it all lol
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • GamerIshGamerIsh Posts: 6 New Member
    I buy up all the stuff for Sims 4 when it comes out. I can't afford to buy up the stuff on Sims 3. Although I am usually either on Sims 4 or Sims 2. Not on Sims 3 much anymore.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Kylieb191 - Just back-up all of your downloads to somewhere safe like an external drive or burn them to disc and you won't have to worry about having access to your purchases again.
    @mw1525 Will definitely look into that as a just incase, thank you :)
    Zpj9msL.png
    GamerIsh wrote: »
    I buy up all the stuff for Sims 4 when it comes out. I can't afford to buy up the stuff on Sims 3. Although I am usually either on Sims 4 or Sims 2. Not on Sims 3 much anymore.

I wish I could get into sims 4 but just can't :(
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    McTosh wrote: »

As we say around here "there is always one" :D If it gets you the content you want then why not. I just need a lot of sleep at my advanced age.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I hope they make a big announcment before they decide to close the store, and a big sale to go with it :D I dont feel like they are going to shut it down before sims 5, so there might be enough time for you to get some of the items you want. Maybe in the future they can add store items to origin in a pack or a bundle or something? Some of them need to be preserved for new players who might come later on.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited June 2020
    That's one thing I'm worried about when it comes to the Store that I won't be able to get everything I want (Worlds, sets, clothing, hairstyles, furniture etc) before the Store closes. I have been browsing the Store daily to see what I would love to own.
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    fmil wrote: »
    I hope they make a big announcment before they decide to close the store, and a big sale to go with it :D I dont feel like they are going to shut it down before sims 5, so there might be enough time for you to get some of the items you want. Maybe in the future they can add store items to origin in a pack or a bundle or something? Some of them need to be preserved for new players who might come later on.

I agree with you there. If they plan to shut the store down, then they need to offer the store items in downloadable packs...Frankly all of the clothing and furniture could end up being sold in a Stuff Pack; the Worlds can be downloaded as a Worlds Pack and the sets can be sold in maybe one or two packs that feature sets. It will allow those of us who haven't managed to get to the store quick enough an opportunity to own those packs. I'd rather buy the stuff legally and own it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KatinaKatina Posts: 6 New Member
    @ZeeGee https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=janicevdstaal thats my wishlist if your friend still has any points, otherwise no problem
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer When I view your wishlist there is no "gift this item" button next to the Multitab. When I go to the product details the only option I have is to download. Usually when I own something there is another option to gift the item but there's none for this.

Are you talking about the mulitab 6000? when I go to his wishlist it does show up as giftable now. I just no longer have any points left.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer When I view your wishlist there is no "gift this item" button next to the Multitab. When I go to the product details the only option I have is to download. Usually when I own something there is another option to gift the item but there's none for this.

Are you talking about the mulitab 6000? when I go to his wishlist it does show up as giftable now. I just no longer have any points left.

I just went there and it only shows as being able to gift if you're viewing it on his "My Page". But when I went to his wishlist page, it still doesn't have the "Gift this Item" button.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Katina Still hoping she will show up :)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I just went there and it only shows as being able to gift if you're viewing it on his "My Page". But when I went to his wishlist page, it still doesn't have the "Gift this Item" button.

LLhdBOw.png You can gift from this page? If you click on it then it goes to the actual purchase site. Maybe I have the wrong simmer? @Nikkei_Simmer ? I wonder if the other is because it is on sale still? Pages do get wonky now and then. Wish they would bring back the ads then I could collect them and gift people. I have everything and a lot of it was because of generous simmers.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited June 2020
    I hope there's no clone of me out there. :mrgreen: If there is, I feel sorry for the poor guy.
    Incompetence-01.jpg

@Bluegayle, yes, that profile is me. Friday, my wife @Featherbelle is getting me the Bohemian Garden set. I like plantables. :D Too bad I wasn't a green thumb in real life. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2020
    There's about 10 more sets from the store that I'm saving up for, and I still need to get all the Stuff Packs and Into the Future is the only EP I haven't purchased yet. I've been playing Sims 3 since 2012 and I still have fun with it~

I've had to take a break from playing it because my laptop is getting old and it's starting to be a struggle to run it without overheating, but once I get a new PC I'll be back to playing Sims 3 regularly again. <3

As long as it continues to be profitable, they will continue to offer the web store. I wouldn't even worry about it closing when Sims 5 comes out. I would only start to worry if newer operating systems are unable to run Sims 3 and EA has no intention to update the game to be able to run on those newer systems.

I'm sure with how overpriced the store is, that they make plenty of money to maintain the website and still make a profit. It will only be an issue if they end up having to update a game that doesn't make enough money to afford the resources needed to update it.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I have what I want from the store (by the way, started playing 2016, nice to know I'm not the only late bloomer:)) and yet I enjoy checking out the daily deal and roll the "make me an offer".
    I just purchased the towel stand for 9 points.