Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Is Fun

Ok, I was skeptical with the game play but I really wanted to try it today and it's really fun! I like the interactive game play. How are you guys liking it so far?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I love it. I hope the glitches get fixed soon but otherwise I love it!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Guess I haven't played long enough to see the glitches? Or I'm just used to glitches at this point and they don't bug me. One or the other. lol
    TeeSea wrote: »
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Gameplay wise It is better than discovery uni and island living for sure .

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Dumpster life and recycling in a game doesn't appeal to me. Also too many bugs and glitches. :/
    Never before has Sims 4 bored me, but Eco Lifestyle has managed to do it. Only things I've found fun has been some NAP's, but they won't entertain me much longer.
    I like some of the CAS and Build & buy items, but that's it.
    I'm glad others are enjoying the pack, though. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I haven't played enough already, but the few time i had i found it hilarious. I feel this pack changes that always perfect thing on sims 4 and i really love it!
  • Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    YES! I lost interest in Sims for a long time. Delayed getting some packs, picked some up on good sales, but could never get into it anymore. Then this pack came along and I have been having so much fun! Yes I have had bugs galore but mods have helped with a lot of them for now and others I am just dealing with.

My sim married Knox, and he is such a sweetie and wonderful father. I found and started using a foster family mod that really works well with the whole saving the world kind of family they are. Now it satisfies my collecting, gardening, crafting, and family gameplay style. I love it.

Dumpster diving is so fun and I love the surprise of the "treasures". I really like the whole style of the pack also, it really appeals to me. The shipping container houses are awesome and I adore the new BB stuff. The NAP is fun for me, I know others have problems ,but again mods really help with the annoyances. I feel bonded with my sims again for the first time in years.

The world is stunning when it's cleaned up and green and I even love it when it's polluted too. Community centers are great and starting out I visited them regularly and every time Father Winter was dumpster diving lol. That cracked me up every time. My family is too busy now to get there but I'm looking forward to revisiting again when family life settles down again. I love so much about this pack, too much to name. The little things are so endearing. It's made me love sims again :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Guess I haven't played long enough to see the glitches? Or I'm just used to glitches at this point and they don't bug me. One or the other. lol
    TeeSea wrote: »

Haven't played long enough.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited June 2020
    Dumpster diving aside, I actually find the pack a bit boring. If the eco footprint thing worked properly and/or made sense in some way, I'd enjoy it more. I'm also super frustrated by the amount of times the fabricator breaks and that we're unable to upgrade it. And then there are all the other bugs and glitches that take the fun part out.
    It's not a bad pack, but in its current state I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I'm not normally bothered much by minor bugs, but this time they do bug me.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I haven't been able to play it enough to say. Too many glitches/bugs. I'm on Xbox One. Hoping for a big patch soon.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Honestly I don't like it, the neighbourhoods feel like ghost towns and I find the whole saving the world thing boring :s
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am loving it also. I was mad at Off The Grid for a bit, because I thought you could only cook the recipes specific to that lot trait. But I have since learned that if you upgrade the stove & fridge you can cook all of the regular recipes in addition to the trait specific ones, and I am loving it because it has added new realism to my historical save files with having to gather water, add ice to the icebox/fridge, and add fuel to both the fridge and the stove. It’s also making rags to riches more fun and I have decided to give The Drifter Challenge another go because Seasons and off the grid should make it actually challenging now.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am sooooooooooo loving it!!! One of favorite packs for sure! And it fits perfect with the political career in city living. My rich vampire sim have been protesting the homeless state of the city and trying to influence people on his political views to bring about change.

Other sims are trying to survive on dumpster food and make it through unfortunate conditions while living off the grid.

The story unfolds as I go along but this pack really added so many tools for me to use!!! I'm loving it! 😁😁😁😁😁
    So many things I didn't even do yet I'm just playing with basic stuff.

I've been using cheats for the pollution. I'm too lazy to try to do all that stuff and make it change on it's own lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Onverser wrote: »
    Honestly I don't like it, the neighbourhoods feel like ghost towns and I find the whole saving the world thing boring :s

The neighborhood houses that are livable are spaced out in a way I don't like and I have seen very few sims around. Thought it was me.🤔🤔
    I still enjoy it but just something I noticed too.
    And I just play my own way. I'm not saving a thing lol 😂😂
    @Smidgieroo3
    I am glad you found enjoyment again! I love hearing of others simventures and 🥰🥰 it sounds like you are having fun.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I am loving it also. I was mad at Off The Grid for a bit, because I thought you could only cook the recipes specific to that lot trait. But I have since learned that if you upgrade the stove & fridge you can cook all of the regular recipes in addition to the trait specific ones, and I am loving it because it has added new realism to my historical save files with having to gather water, add ice to the icebox/fridge, and add fuel to both the fridge and the stove. It’s also making rags to riches more fun and I have decided to give The Drifter Challenge another go because Seasons and off the grid should make it actually challenging now.

I couldn't agree more: the improved functionality to the Off-the-grid lot trait, and the new appliances that came with Eco Living which go with it are by far the best thing about this pack. I loved Off-the-grid playing before they fixed it and now they have just added so many neat things to improve the immersion. I love that sims now have to conserve power to use their computers just for a short time, or to watch their tiny, dumpster-derived television set; I love that it actually makes sense to buy cheaper appliances (fridges and tvs) because they use less power. You are right about the realism too of having the trait, with the power going out and water running out, requiring the sims to gather water or add ice etc just to do normal things. Rags to Riches play is also more challenging, but also more full and satisfying with Off-the-grid and dumpster diving.

I also find it mystifying that a number of complaints about the pack that I've read have been that it is lacking in new gameplay. I couldn't disagree more; this is a new, unique and fun way to play. I have never had the options for playing a family that this pack/patch have given me in any previous sims game, and (providing you follow certain rules, such as not selling the burned furniture for full price), it makes Sims' survival and attempt to gain money much more difficult. I have been having a ball with this pack since it came out, and I have barely scratched the surface.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i think the pack looks fun but i am wondering if until the bugs get taken care of with an update....does it work to turn off n.a.ps and then turn off the affects to the world ..then just don't open the world that came with eco living..and the reason i ask is that having npc sims loading up their inventory with various items throughout the town is a huge issue...i do not want npcs with any inventory...which is how it is now for me without the expansion pack installed...i also do not want sims relentlessly repeating tasks like baking cakes etc...I think there is enough to enjoy for now without having to play out the included town...I do have to believe EA will come up with a way to stop the inventory load up issue for the npc and numerous other known glitches at some point. So if anyone who has the game installed already can let me know if what i have asked is possible or not I would so appreciate it.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i think the pack looks fun but i am wondering if until the bugs get taken care of with an update....does it work to turn off n.a.ps and then turn off the affects to the world ..then just don't open the world that came with eco living..and the reason i ask is that having npc sims loading up their inventory with various items throughout the town is a huge issue...i do not want npcs with any inventory...which is how it is now for me without the expansion pack installed...i also do not want sims relentlessly repeating tasks like baking cakes etc...I think there is enough to enjoy for now without having to play out the included town...I do have to believe EA will come up with a way to stop the inventory load up issue for the npc and numerous other known glitches at some point. So if anyone who has the game installed already can let me know if what i have asked is possible or not I would so appreciate it.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My main gripe is not the lack of gameplay. In fact this EP has the most gameplay in recent years (compared to island living and discover university for instance). The main problem is the key selling feature that is the eco footprint gameplay is badly executed. Still EL is the more fun EP given the poor track record of recent EPs inTS4.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    This is seriously one of the best packs so far for the game. However, I had to mod the Neighborhod Action Plans to actually enjoy it. They need to officially address those spammy plans and the pack will be an A+! Come on Sims team! I know you can do it!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm really enjoying it. I don't quite understand why the eco footprint keeps drifting between green and neutral but it's still fun either way.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think Eco Lifestyle + Island Living = one full EP. It's not bad at all, but like most EPs, there's just not much to it. The world is nice, but unfortunately you still can't make your own apartments. I was hoping we'd be able to make the small apartment complexes in other worlds. I also wish it were possible to add dumpsters to not-lot community spaces.

What is there really to say? Most of the features I will use everywhere. But they're background type things.

One annoyance I have with the pack is the cost of the industrial generator/water extractor as compared to the green alternatives. They're dirty, they break a lot, and they constantly need refueling. There is not one reason that isn't meta to use them. I think the costs should be reversed. So solar for more $$ and less power gives a poor sim a real reason to use a generator instead. Kind of like real life.

Edit: Yikes, I think I posted this to the wrong thread. But I'll leave it here. Eco Lifestyle is fun, and if you're inclined to buy it, it is one of the better EPs. I like the things it adds.
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm really enjoying it, it's jump started my game play and renewed it. Get it? I know bad joke.

Today I was playing a character going through the Civil Designer Career and I've enjoyed all the aspects of candlemaking, recycling and fabrication. I wanted that cruelty free meat wall pretty bad so got to that level of the career that allows for it before deciding I played too long. I've figured out bugs (actual critters) better. I still hope the Devs decrease the nurture need but once you get them thriving it's not so bad unless you have a lot and they produce well when thriving. I'm liking the candles and candle making and can see using different parts of this pack with multiple character types.
    I'm not really paying attention to whether my worlds are getting better or worse yet, and I decided to just let my sims be the only ones that can vote. Will start playing quickly in other hoods just to repeal or make them work for me better overall later or if I notice trouble.
    Basically I'm just focusing on learning and getting better and seeing what the pack does while playing characters I really enjoying playing. It's nice to grin over all the stuff or even stumble across gameplay from other packs because you are going in a different direction with your game.
    It's gotten me more interested again in some skills like mechanical also.

The initial concept had me kind of skeptical when I first learned about it... although I was won over before release. Even though I recycle and I feel that I care about these issues I really didn't want a preachy thing telling me how to live. That's just icky to me. I like that I can do what I want with it as usual and if I want to make it preachy character wise I'm free to do so, and easily dismiss any of the characters that get in my face.
    egTcBMc.png
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I really enjoy it. I haven’t experienced many bugs yet, other than one of my Sulani Residential lots was suddenly changed into a Bar lot and a bartender mans the kitchen bar now. I almost changed it back, but it’s kind of fun to have all these Sims hanging out in my party beach house all day 🤣🤣🤣
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying it. I don't quite understand why the eco footprint keeps drifting between green and neutral but it's still fun either way.

The key to the eco footprint is not just your lot, but also your neighbors. If you’re industrial and all the neighbors are green or neutral you’re going to hover between green and neutral. There is a way to see what your neighbors footprint is on their individual lots, and on community lots too.

On the map screen when you click the eco meter that displays the colored lines around the neighborhoods indicating the eco state, you can also see a little icon over each lot that shows that specific lot’s eco footprint.
    b496sFQ.jpg