Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whaddya know, an Industrial eco footprint does have gameplay effects!

So in addition to changing the sky and making Sims Uncomfortable (+1, via the "Gross Air" buff), it seems there actually are gameplay effects related to an Industrial neighborhood.

They're not particularly exciting effects, but they're effects nonetheless.

I've been digging into the game files to see if I can make eco footprints more interesting, and I thought I'd share my findings, since there's been some criticism (by me and others) regarding how useful the eco footprints even are.

The "Unnatural Environment" buff (+2 Tense) seems to also make Hygiene drop faster (1.75x faster), and the Commodity "commodity_object_fire_strength" seems to make objects... less(?) likely to catch fire. It cites a 0.7 decrease. I'm gonna have to look into that one some more. I would've thought industrial environments would be more hazardous, so I'm not sure I'm interpreting that one correctly.

I think there's room for improvement, though.
wJbomAo.png

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    If only it were easier to achieve the industrial footprint lol. But good findings thanks for sharing :)
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Isn't it also the case that the green acid rain (which comes with an industrial eco footprint) also lowers hygiene for any Sims who happen to be outdoors and sometimes even destroys objects left outside too?
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    If only it were easier to achieve the industrial footprint lol. But good findings thanks for sharing :)

Yeah, this is the first step in a mod project I'm working on. I want to make more avenues for gaining Industrial points (I'm thinking Business career, accepting bribes as a politician, eating meat etc etc)
    Isn't it also the case that the green acid rain (which comes with an industrial eco footprint) also lowers hygiene for any Sims who happen to be outdoors and sometimes even destroys objects left outside too?

I believe so!
    wJbomAo.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The revamping of environments with the pack is very helpful and game changing. I can finally have Sims that don't have the default Stepford smiles.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I dunno if it is just coincidence my sim house catches on fire constantly in industrial status. Like every other day.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I'm pretty sure it's been stated somewhere that in industrial footprint your hygiene drains faster, because this doesn't seem like a news to me but maybe to others who aren't aware, do.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I dunno if it is just coincidence my sim house catches on fire constantly in industrial status. Like every other day.

I thought my initial interpretation of the stat was inaccurate. It likely makes it MORE vulnerable to fire. Thanks for pointing that out.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Kaylia86Kaylia86 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @jimbbq said:
    > I dunno if it is just coincidence my sim house catches on fire constantly in industrial status. Like every other day.

So this will explain whey I had 7 Generators catch fire. Each time one caught fire, I'd buy a new one and BAM... FIRE... 7 TIMES !!!!!
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    It is kind of a shame that the only neighborhood where you can play the industrial eco footprint Is the one that started out that way, since it is pretty much impossibly to achieve it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Yeah, this is the first step in a mod project I'm working on. I want to make more avenues for gaining Industrial points (I'm thinking Business career, accepting bribes as a politician, eating meat etc etc)

I believe so!

Oh yesssssss I can't wait for the mods🤝😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Kaylia86 wrote: »
    > @jimbbq said:
    > I dunno if it is just coincidence my sim house catches on fire constantly in industrial status. Like every other day.

So this will explain whey I had 7 Generators catch fire. Each time one caught fire, I'd buy a new one and BAM... FIRE... 7 TIMES !!!!!

I've been having crazy fires as well. Not that I'm complaining but I definitely noticed it lol and not just because I was blowing firecrackers in the house.
    Scobre wrote: »
    The revamping of environments with the pack is very helpful and game changing. I can finally have Sims that don't have the default Stepford smiles.

I know right, it's a shame but I've been enjoying their frowns. And for the ones that keep smiling I put them on a cc face masks which looks so fitting for the pollution. 😂
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

I believe so!

Oh yesssssss I can't wait for the mods🤝😁😁

99% of my mods are for personal use, but if it works well enough I may release it. :)
    wJbomAo.png
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > 99% of my mods are for personal use, but if it works well enough I may release it. :)

I think you would make a super amount of people very happy with that mod! Though I understand if you'd make it for personal use :)