Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My grubs are dying, why?

So I really wanted to use the new grubs feature, but their health is always declining and after a day they're dead. It also says there is stuff to collect, but I can't collect anything because the boxes are greyed out. I wanted my sim to eat insect food :-( I feed them, give them compost, nurture them, but... they still die. I can then nurture them and they'll magically come back to life but a few hours later and they're dead again. Anyone know why?
tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited June 2020
    You need to nurture them. A lot. It takes me about 6 nurture interactions and then finally when you hover over them they say "growing". Once they are growing, you should be able to collect from them in 24 hours. (Keep feeding them of course!)
    After you've harvested them, they will decline again and you'll need to do at least 6 more nurture interactions, sometimes as many as 8 to get them back to good health and growing so that you can collect again.

Feels really broken and having an insect box shouldn't take my sim's entire day just to keep alive. In real life an insect would hate it if you gave it that much attention. Anyways, I've kinda given up on them since they're so much work for almost no pay off. :/ I'm hoping they tone this down a bit later in a patch because in this state, it's almost unusable and certainly not very feasible to have more than one insect box either.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited June 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    You need to nurture them. A lot. It takes me about 6 nurture interactions and then finally when you hover over them they say "growing". Once they are growing, you should be able to collect from them in 24 hours. (Keep feeding them of course!)
    After you've harvested them, they will decline again and you'll need to do at least 6 more nurture interactions, sometimes as many as 8 to get them back to good health and growing so that you can collect again.

Feels really broken and having an insect box shouldn't take my sim's entire day just to keep alive. In real life an insect would hate it if you gave it that much attention. Anyways, I've kinda given up on them since they're so much work for almost no pay off. :/ I'm hoping they tone this down a bit later in a patch because in this state, it's almost unusable and certainly not very feasible to have more than one insect box either.

Ah, what a disappointment. Thanks for clearing that up though :-) For now I've gotten rid of them as well, just not worth the hassle if they're always dead unless you do nothing but fret over some bugs.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Because hugging grubs is gross, I reckon. 😂
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Wonder if they absolutely horrify a squeamish sim. :naughty:
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

If you use mods, LittleMsSam has a fix (in her Random Small Mods) which greatly improves the nurture interaction and makes it much more powerful. Then the bug boxes seem to work as they ought to do without so much ridiculous effort, and collecting is also possible.