Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing

My sim lives on the container home lot by the docks and everything seem to work fine this morning. I closed the game and when I tried to open it later it would just close to DT when I tried loading into my household.
I do have mods but only a few and I have loaded the the game up fine up until now. I tried removing the mod folder and running a repair then load the game but it still wouldn't load.
I tried restoring a previous save which worked once but it won't now.
I put the mod folder back in and other lots load up fine so I don't know what's happening.
Has any one else had problem with this lot?
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2020
    mine is crashing too and I removed all the mods. I can't log in to my household nor move them away.
    can't get into ANY household. oof.

-Yarden.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I'm wondering if there might be a problem with the bug boxes. I had a couple and noticed the said they were ready to be collected but the collect buttons were greyed out. I managed to load up a save to just before I bought them and so far things seem to be fine.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    im having game crashes too. its really frustrating. so far the only thing that fixes it is switching households then going back to the main after playing for a bit. some people cant play any households. its a pretty buggy game. i posted in the bug report section too about it.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    My game crashed once. It just froze. I have no mods or CC.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hopefully this post this time. The forums crashed but I'm confused about the game crashing. The emergency patch was supposed to have fixed that.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I had to start a new save:( my game kept crashing on me.

-Yarden.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Hopefully this post this time. The forums crashed but I'm confused about the game crashing. The emergency patch was supposed to have fixed that.
    I'm confused about the emergency patch. I was never prompted to update but my game is up to date. Even before I did a repair.

• huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    I've just been playing a new save in Port Promise for about 2 hours, no problems, travelling back and forth between lots without issues. Just now while travelling between lots again it has crashed. I can load up other save files fine but it still crashes when I try to get back into my new save, even with my mods folder removed :'(
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    My sim lives on the container home lot by the docks and everything seem to work fine this morning. I closed the game and when I tried to open it later it would just close to DT when I tried loading into my household.
    I do have mods but only a few and I have loaded the the game up fine up until now. I tried removing the mod folder and running a repair then load the game but it still wouldn't load.
    I tried restoring a previous save which worked once but it won't now.
    I put the mod folder back in and other lots load up fine so I don't know what's happening.
    Has any one else had problem with this lot?
    Forgot to mention above that this is the lot my sim was on as well, however I've bulldozed the container home as I was planning a rags to riches type thing. There is a thread on AHQ, I've just posted in there. Would be great if you could do the same if you haven't already :smile:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-ECO-Game-crashes-when-loading-Household/td-p/9178644
  • malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    I have the same problem. I played it several hours last night without it happening. Then today I tried to load my household and the game just crashes instantly - no lag or anything. I finally got into the household by first selecting another household, making them travel to my sim's apartment, and then going back to edit world and loading the desired household.

But now it keeps crashing at other things - when I try to travel to another lot, after I planned her outfits in CAS, etc. I've removed all mods too, and reset origin, but so far nothing seems to work. :( The crashing is happening in a new save file I made yesterday. :/
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    malinboli wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I played it several hours last night without it happening. Then today I tried to load my household and the game just crashes instantly - no lag or anything. I finally got into the household by first selecting another household, making them travel to my sim's apartment, and then going back to edit world and loading the desired household.

But now it keeps crashing at other things - when I try to travel to another lot, after I planned her outfits in CAS, etc. I've removed all mods too, and reset origin, but so far nothing seems to work. :( The crashing is happening in a new save file I made yesterday. :/

It reminds me a lot of the Lyndsey Speaker Crash we had years ago before it was patched.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My game crashed my computer the other day. I had to do an emergency shut down.

It kinda scared me. I repaired the game, but Origin completely sucked out all of my RAM when repairing (I have 16GB) It managed to load okay, but I'm not confident its fixed. It was a new save too, and I had no mods or CC installed. I even had to run disk utility to make sure my computer was okay. It was fine.
    giphy.gif
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    mine was a pretty new save too thar crashed. i had just made it when the game came out. i played for maybe 4 hours when it started the crashing. so far switching households has worked but i havent played much because of the bugs. im hoping it gets fixed soon. i havent tested my old saves yet. i think it has to do with this ep.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    I don't have Eco Living. I patched my game and at first all was well. I, too, got rid of all my old saves and had just started two new ones. I played one after the patch and all was well. I waited a couple of days before I put my mods and cc back, making sure the mods were okay, first. Then a hotfix patch was ready. I made the ginormous mistake of downloading that patch, even though I wasn't having the crashing it was supposed to fix. What it did, was give some of my Sims the dreaded red, white and black question mark 'skin'. I took the family into cas.fulleditmode to try to get rid of the problem. I deleted in some instances the outfit or just the shoes. By process of elimination, I was able to get my Sims back to 'normal'. It wasn't any of the cc clothing either that was causing this curious problem. It was Island Living and one pair of shoes from the Glamour pack. So, rightly or wrongly, I concluded it wasn't the cc clothing in my game. But then the NPC Judith Ward (a neighbor) was sporting that weird look and I decided I had to do something different. I removed the cc. I went back into the game and the problem was still there. I then tested the mods, by removing them one at a time, at first. The first two mods weren't the problem as the weird skin was showing up, still. I did a game repair and then uninstalled and reinstalled the game. My game packs were suddenly gone! Learned I had to uninstall and reinstall Origin. Well, that brought back my game packs, but now, my game crashes! Even brand new game saves. I haven't played since last Wednesday, and then only for about an hour. The other days I've been trying to solve this dang problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/