Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues while playing Eco Lifestyle

This discussion was created from comments split from: Friday Highlight June 5 - Eco Lifestyle Edition.

Comments

• simslady65simslady65 Posts: 1 New Member
    HELP I have the new ECO LIFESTYLE and seem like everything then stops working. when I click on the computer it freezes the game up and it will not let me click on the tub to take a shower for anyone in the household some of my mods don't work I love to play the sims but I hold household stink because the can not take a bath please help do I need to delete the family and start a new game
  • AMKAMK Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm loving the new pack so far! The concept is fantastic, the gameplay has depth, and I even love the new fashions in CAS. I've been playing for HOURS! I've got one big problem though. I used the fabricator a couple of times. On the third time, it decided to try to kill my Sim... no big deal. The big deal is that the SOUND won't stop no matter what I try. The sound effect works for the machine but gets REALLY annoying after 20 minutes... and longer.

I tried:
    Relocating the machine.
    Putting it into inventory.
    Deleting the machine.
    Going to manage worlds and re-entering.
    Rebooting the game completely.

If anyone has a solution, I'd love it. I've been playing this house for about 7 hours and I'd rather not lose the progress to get rid of the sound.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    simslady65 wrote: »
    HELP I have the new ECO LIFESTYLE and seem like everything then stops working. when I click on the computer it freezes the game up and it will not let me click on the tub to take a shower for anyone in the household some of my mods don't work I love to play the sims but I hold household stink because the can not take a bath please help do I need to delete the family and start a new game

@simslady65 remove your mods folder (drag it to your desktop) and start the game and play a brand new game. Test everything. Then slowly add back your mods. Removing any that are problems and only adding them back when they are updated.

Once you test everything, go to your save. If still having issues, revert it to an earlier state.

Hope that helps
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Vvvickedj87Vvvickedj87 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, I'm having the same issue with submitting/presenting a concept. I have looked all over the computer and can't find a way or creating/owning a concept. Someone please help!
  • Vvvickedj87Vvvickedj87 Posts: 3 New Member
    Another thing, my sim keeps catching fire using the toilet and then the game completely closes down... Please Stawp!
  • AppieloosaAppieloosa Posts: 1 New Member
    Since I can't comment on the patch notes how do I get the patch to fix the patch STILL have issues with my game and it says it's updated and I have no link to get the new patch!
  • l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    > @Appieloosa said:
    > Since I can't comment on the patch notes how do I get the patch to fix the patch STILL have issues with my game and it says it's updated and I have no link to get the new patch!

Weird probs some CC does it! Try to del some CC
  • RafapixelRafapixel Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Guys,

Since the launch of the new expansion pack, my sims are stealing themselves hahahaha.
    I don't know what to do, I'm trying to live without motherlode, but I don't have any money to buy more things.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    When I removed my mod folder on the 2nd to anticipate the update I forgot to remove my local thumbnail package and that was what was causing the library error I was getting. I honestly thought I removed it. I removed it and the message cleared. I had lots of mods but haven't added any back in yet.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Babydoll1073Babydoll1073 Posts: 2 New Member
    After the new update/ also have the Eco pack and if my sim is a little late for work,the Go To Work tab won't work .. HELP PLEASE !!!
  • Babydoll1073Babydoll1073 Posts: 2 New Member
    Also my holidays arent showing up 😡
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am enjoying the pack, but console has had a problem of crashing when travelling ever since the December patch, its gotten to the point that I am limited on what I can do in the game atm, I really love this game but the frequent crashing is ruining my game experience, please fix this in the next patch, it isnt just me, I do allow crashing now and then, you've got to allow some crashing, but when it's this often it's a nuisance
  • usefulcigars727usefulcigars727 Posts: 2 New Member
    My game keeps freezing up when I go to build and buy mode after the update. Also the gallery is not working too. Is anyone else having the same problems?
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I don't have too many complaints so far. I really am enjoying this pack more than I thought I would. But two things are driving me crazy. First, it seems like the sims needs are deteriorating a lot faster than normal. I like to play Sims without using cheats. On a couple that I play on frequently, I noticed that I was having far more difficulty keeping up with their needs after I installed the Eco Living expac. Also, what is it with the white cake. Every where my sim goes, there is unfinished white cake. My husband suggested is may have been a test item they used and it didn't reset to normalize for game play. I'm not sure, but my sims try to make cake in the middle of doing other things and even when they are not hungry! I am doing a game repair to see it it changes anything but the behavior is more like a bug so probably not. usefulcigars727, they did do a second patch to fix the issue you are having. You may want to right click on your game in the origin up and select update.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    I have the same issues!
    White cake everywhere! If I leave my sim unattended for three seconds she quickly grabbes the ingrediënts for a new cake. Driving me crazy!
    And a loud ongoing sound from the fabricator (at my private lot as well as on Knox' lot).
    And some small bugs as well, I hope they can fix it soon.

Apart from that, I love this EP! Much to explore.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    When my spellcaster visited the magic realm, there were two white cakes on the table and Simon Silversweater had another one in the oven.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Hey everyone :smiley: If you are having trouble or have a question about how things work you can always search here.
    Or you can look for solutions at AnswersHQ
  • Misslohne93Misslohne93 Posts: 1 New Member
    Only playing with one houshold. Played eco lifestyle first time yesterday. After few hours playing it closed down, out of now where . But today it shut down once I click on my household to play. Do I just have to forget this household? I really hope not!
  • linolialinolia Posts: 3 New Member
    :'( Was really hyped for this new pack and freed up my whole weekend to play, but I have a major issue. I can't play with sound because if I get a fabricator and leave it on, once it breaks which it eventually will, I get this awful screeching sound that wont go away unless i leave and restart the game and even then if i close out and try to keep going in the same house with the same family the sound is back. I have also experienced disappearing pets and sims that disappear and aren't even highlight-able (they don't even show their plum-bob) if I pass the cursor over them. I can see everything about them in stats but them. Should note I don't use mods or CC's so there is no reason for this to be happening. its become unplayable without cheats and unplayable in general. Please fix this or I want my money back b/c not cool when I ponied and paid in full to pre-order, and instead of what was supposed to be an awesome new expansion, or which I really love the concept of, I got this hot garbage and have been dedicated to the sims since Betty Newby was the hottest chick on the block.

I get making games is hard, but maybe spend a little more time de-bugging before release.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I love the new pack and have been having a blast playing it. A few bugs are normal immediately after a new pack is released, as long as they are addressed quickly, I have no problem with it.

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but I'm not crazy about the "Sharing is Caring" HOA ordinance. Basically all the gameplay in a household has to go on hold for a week while the Sims fight off pickpockets and kleptos. It has a slight Ayn Rand tinge to it. (I believe one of the buyable Sci Fi novels is a spoof on her massive dystopian epic, Atlas Shrugged.)

Kudos on fixing the gravity issue with the laundry bags. B)
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    linolia wrote: »
    :'( Was really hyped for this new pack and freed up my whole weekend to play, but I have a major issue. I can't play with sound because if I get a fabricator and leave it on, once it breaks which it eventually will, I get this awful screeching sound that wont go away unless i leave and restart the game and even then if i close out and try to keep going in the same house with the same family the sound is back. I have also experienced disappearing pets and sims that disappear and aren't even highlight-able (they don't even show their plum-bob) if I pass the cursor over them. I can see everything about them in stats but them. Should note I don't use mods or CC's so there is no reason for this to be happening. its become unplayable without cheats and unplayable in general. Please fix this or I want my money back b/c not cool when I ponied and paid in full to pre-order, and instead of what was supposed to be an awesome new expansion, or which I really love the concept of, I got this hot garbage and have been dedicated to the sims since Betty Newby was the hottest chick on the block.

I get making games is hard, but maybe spend a little more time de-bugging before release.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the new pack to see if issues go away?
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    I have the same issue with the fabricator making that awfull sound. And I heard other people about it too.
    > @CreativeMom88 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the new pack to see if issues go away?

Yes several times. Even tried the repair button in origin.
    > @linolia said:
    > :'( Was really hyped for this new pack and freed up my whole weekend to play, but I have a major issue. I can't play with sound because if I get a fabricator and leave it on, once it breaks which it eventually will, I get this awful screeching sound that wont go away unless i leave and restart the game and even then if i close out and try to keep going in the same house with the same family the sound is back. I have also experienced disappearing pets and sims that disappear and aren't even highlight-able (they don't even show their plum-bob) if I pass the cursor over them. I can see everything about them in stats but them. Should note I don't use mods or CC's so there is no reason for this to be happening. its become unplayable without cheats and unplayable in general. Please fix this or I want my money back b/c not cool when I ponied and paid in full to pre-order, and instead of what was supposed to be an awesome new expansion, or which I really love the concept of, I got this hot garbage and have been dedicated to the sims since Betty Newby was the hottest chick on the block.
    >
    > I get making games is hard, but maybe spend a little more time de-bugging before release.

More to add just to report some new weird bugs since I see some are being responded with the updates. My sim died and became a ghost, cool, but now she cant interact with the university. No ghost students????

Also my pets magically disappear off the property and end up on other lots.... Weird... All the while they can be gone and my Sim can age and age and age but they dont come back for food or anything and there is no pet is running away thingy triggered. I can call them back w the whistle icon but this is even happening with kittens and puppies so they cant make it up steps. Idk what the new pack did but I kinda want to uninstall/ revert until everything is fixed. All the issues are driving me bonkers. This is not the Sims I know and love.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Wow. A lot of problems with this pack.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self