Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items vanishing in lots in eco lifestyle

I’ve purchased the dumpster and trash cans and a sofa and they all vanished. I’m playing the new eco lifestyle pack in the shipping lot. Anyone else having this issue ? Thought I was going crazy and put another dumpster down ... carried on playing and it vanished again Right before my eyes.

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Lilsimsie seemed to have this happen her yesterday. So odd. Haven’t seen it in my game yet but I’ll know to keep an eye out now.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Lilsimsie seemed to have this happen her yesterday. So odd. Haven’t seen it in my game yet but I’ll know to keep an eye out now.

Oh thanks i didn’t know that. It legit is happening I’ve just purchased my third dumpster now ... guess it’s a new bug. I’m hoping more people say they have the problem then I feel reassured.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    Hmmm, what N.A.P. is active in your neighborhood? If it's "sharing is caring" then folks may have helped themselves to your stuff. Though I wouldn't think they'd be able to steal a dumpster...
    edited June 2020
    Starfree wrote: »
    Hmmm, what N.A.P. is active in your neighborhood? If it's "sharing is caring" then folks may have helped themselves to your stuff. Though I wouldn't think they'd be able to steal a dumpster...

No they’re not stealing i use it and then randomly vanishes. Its happened during the the green NAP and the make modern. But I even had a little bin in the kitchen area and it just vanished too. Think there’s some problem. Try interacting with the dumpster and see it vanishes.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    @SeanBobbyG I'll have to try it tomorrow as I'm in the US & don't get to download the pack for another hour and a half 😕.

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2020
    Do any of your sims have the recycler trait? If you do and you don't recycle regularly, they'll recycle autonomously.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Do any of your sims have the recycler trait? If you do and you don't recycle regularly, they'll recycle autonomously.

I was coming here to say I just saw my sim 'swipe' her own pets food bowl, which vanished. I checked both her and her household inventory for it. She has the recycler trait so you made sense of that for me. Odd that it gave me the message that she has successfully swiped something.
    Felicity wrote: »

I think this is why yes. Thank you I’ll put more objects and see if they disappear and I get the swipe message
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    You mean that the recycling trait is like the kleptomaniac trait? They steal?!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

It appears so. Except my sim can swipe even though he doesn't have that trait. He doesn't have the klepto trait, either. I'm not sure if it's tied to 'sharing is caring' because I don't know how that works.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

It appears so. Except my sim can swipe even though he doesn't have that trait. He doesn't have the klepto trait, either. I'm not sure if it's tied to 'sharing is caring' because I don't know how that works.

Oye! Bad, bad Sims.
    edited June 2020
    Uh-oh. They're gonna have to get this recycler trait under control. I just went to a community lot with a sim who swiped half the items while we were there. The counters are gone. Microwave. Desk w/computer, pillows on the floor... I don't even remember what all was originally there. It's a homeless shelter.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

People who recycle do sometimes take items that aren't garbage, like scrap metal recyclers might take metal fences, lightning rod grounding wires, manhole covers, etc. Unfortunately the sims appear to recycle their own stuff. :neutral:
    crocobaura wrote: »

People who recycle do sometimes take items that aren't garbage, like scrap metal recyclers might take metal fences, lightning rod grounding wires, manhole covers, etc. Unfortunately the sims appear to recycle their own stuff. :neutral:

That sucks. My sim doesn't have the recycle trait, but I'm really starting to believe Sharing is Caring is at fault. Because multiple sims keep taking things from everywhere. I thought they would only take from residential lots (i.e., their neighbors.) Are they really supposed to take everything from community lots, too? That can't be right.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Check the Neighborhood action plan. I was Watching James Turner’s LP the other day and even though the Green initiative action plan was In place, the « Sharing is Caring » which was the previous one was still In place as well, allowing sims to clean him out. Try putting a fence around your lot (if you don’t have a house yet) and lock the gate for anyone but your sim and see if it still happens.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Uh-oh. They're gonna have to get this recycler trait under control. I just went to a community lot with a sim who swiped half the items while we were there. The counters are gone. Microwave. Desk w/computer, pillows on the floor... I don't even remember what all was originally there. It's a homeless shelter.

😱
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Wow! Maybe that is what the trait description warned about when they said "if they don't do their hobby in while..." or something of the sort. I like that the recycler does have noticeable autonomous actions though! We have been begging the Sims team for traits that actually do something and the new traits have very noticeable features in the live mode which let you know they indeed had said trait! My recycler also checks in with his machine and messes with it. They REALLY LOVE RECYCLING! However, I think they tone it down just a little teeny tiny bit so you don't have them clearing out community lots! I am fine with the "Sharing is Caring" NAP having people get stuff from you cause you can just lock the door if you don't want to partake. I also like that you can freely take things during this NAP too. I find it a fun way to play.
    edited June 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Check the Neighborhood action plan. I was Watching James Turner’s LP the other day and even though the Green initiative action plan was In place, the « Sharing is Caring » which was the previous one was still In place as well, allowing sims to clean him out. Try putting a fence around your lot (if you don’t have a house yet) and lock the gate for anyone but your sim and see if it still happens.

Yes, but what about the community lots? With 'Sharing is Caring' active, the public lots are being wiped out, too.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Wow, what a horrible feature and trait or whatever. I would hate this. It would drive me nuts for my Sims to be stealing and taking stuff from community lots where I had spent a lot of time building them. Stealing is never cool. If they want to say sharing is caring then there should have been bins and other things where it said "Free" on it. Such poor implementation of reusing the klepto trait. As far as Sims taking their own dog bowls and the player wondering where is it, I have killed Sims for a lot less. I can't stand total poorly done gameplay without a thought of the player's sanity.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Lol! It’s pure chaos and I’m down for it! I’m so sorry for OP. It’s annoying but it’s right along the lines of weirdness I came to expect of The Sims! That said, does swiping stuff from the community lots mean that said item is lost forever? And if we want to “fix” the community lot by putting the lost items back, does it mean that we have to do it ourselves?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Yeah, this is not going to work for me. This kind of thing is why I never preorder. I'm going to have to see how this plays out before I purchase.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »

I haven't enacted 'Sharing is Caring' in my game and it's not active. My own sim did the swiping of her own cats food bowl. Pretty sure its the recycle trait. Making sure my sim recycles once a day and she hasn't done it since. I found it quite funny once I was aware.
  • JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member
    My recycler sim has just swiped her own trash can for the second time. I wouldn't mind if I could find it, though not sure if it has been converted to recycled trash, or whatever. But now I know she should be recycling more often, I'll give that a go! Just an odd item to chose, because she could have rummaged in there anyways for items to recycle!
    Hahaha The recycle trait it is pure chaos that’s for sure. I changed the trait of my sim in the end and have had no swiping going on now. The only thing I had To do was reappeal against the sharing is caring NAP as a sim came into my house and took my kitchen sink and another took my dining table and chairs. That’s part of the game that’s fine but sharing is not caring for me. XD leave my sink alone!
  • l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    That's weird! Probs you should try repairing your game if you play on origin otherwise I dont really know sorry!