Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO - Candle making

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
edited December 2022 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
All seems to be good with last night's install, nothing broken, only one mod had to be updated - and was.

I have only played an hour, but already see that many of the features are quite detailed. Like my sim wanted to make candles, but it seems like she first must recycle or dig up stuff she can use? I don't quite understand what she needs to do to get started.

She bought wax and some colors. Then what more will she need? She has been dumpster diving, but only found old furniture. Will she need the recycling machine in order to make candles? Hmmm... not logical to me, but would like to know what to do...
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• kayayuukayayuu Posts: 3 New Member
    You need the candle making table to make candles. You can also get soy wax from soy plants
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I think you need bits and pieces. I have not made any candles yet but I watched James's video and it looked like he needed them to make the candle.
    giphy.gif
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I was confused on what to do too @Simmerville. But if you keep recycling you'll finally get enough bits or whatever they're called to make a candle.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    kayayuu wrote: »
    You need the candle making table to make candles. You can also get soy wax from soy plants

I got the table, but it's not enough.
    I think you need bits and pieces. I have not made any candles yet but I watched James's video and it looked like he needed them to make the candle.

Hm, I wish my sim could just buy what she needs for making candles. In real life candle making is possible even if you don't recycle.
    I was confused on what to do too @Simmerville. But if you keep recycling you'll finally get enough bits or whatever they're called to make a candle.

Hm, my sim can't afford a recycling thing, and there is no community space offering it yet, so then she can't make candles yet... bummer, but I'll find a way :)

• yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    If you go to the community lot in the neighborhood with the most smog, you can click on the dumpster and separate recyclables. Do that a bunch of times, and then on that same lot, you'll find the upcycled machine that you can use to upcycle all the materials you found in the dumpster. I hope that makes sense. :)
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Simmerville - my Sim can't afford a recycling machine either. But there's one on the Community Space lots. There's even a dumpster there that has other options besides diving, diving for meals, etc. I'm kind of learning as I go....definitely like the challenge so far.
    Thanks. I'm not playing in Evergreen Harbor yet, but I added a small recycling station on a community lot in another world, just to have access to that machine. I still wish there was an alternative way to craft candles though, even if buying all you need would give less profit.
  • Callianne74Callianne74 Posts: 59 Member
    For candles, you need soy wax, which is you find from the soy bean plants, there are some around the Port Promise area in Evergreen Harbour.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2020
    You also need stuff from the trash to make a candle which I thought was weird. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Hm, I wish my sim could just buy what she needs for making candles. In real life candle making is possible even if you don't recycle.

Hm, my sim can't afford a recycling thing, and there is no community space offering it yet, so then she can't make candles yet... bummer, but I'll find a way :)

The recycler is already on many of the default community spaces and waiting for use even before anything is voted on if you can't afford that recycler yet! I love that machine. It's oddly satisfying "crunching up" your inventory!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

The recycler is already on many of the default community spaces and waiting for use even before anything is voted on if you can't afford that recycler yet! I love that machine. It's oddly satisfying "crunching up" your inventory!
    :joy: That made me laugh to excited over crunching noises it gives.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    So, my sim recycled some furniture she found in a dumpster. Those small packed boxes came out of the machine, and she grabbed them. I assume those boxes are what I need to make a candle? But I can't find them in her inventory, and not in the household inventory. How am I supposed to know how many "recycle boxes" she got?

She went back home, and she is now able to create one candle. LOL, spending a full night dumpster diving and recycling in order to create one candle that will burn down during 2(?) hours? Hm, I think this first candle shall be kept and never lit :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    So, my sim recycled some furniture she found in a dumpster. Those small packed boxes came out of the machine, and she grabbed them. I assume those boxes are what I need to make a candle? But I can't find them in her inventory, and not in the household inventory. How am I supposed to know how many "recycle boxes" she got?

She went back home, and she is now able to create one candle. LOL, spending a full night dumpster diving and recycling in order to create one candle that will burn down during 2(?) hours? Hm, I think this first candle shall be kept and never lit :)

Hover over where it shows your money and there is new additions showing "bits and pieces"
    Oh, that was well hidden :open_mouth: ! Thanks a lot! Not that I understand those two new symbols, but I realize they have to do with fabrication, so I guess I'll find out later.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    For candle making, you only need the candle making table. You can buy the ingredients there. I didn't recycle anything when I tried it. Just bought the wax and some colours. The Bits & Pieces are for fabrication, a different skill.

So far I'm a bit disappointed with candle making. I mean, with the candles not lasting long. They CAN be recycled again, though! Didn't really notice, but I think I got some wax from them. Also, wondering if there are any customization to the candles, like different holders and so on. The default holder is barely noticable.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Are the soy beans the only kind of wax there is?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Are the soy beans the only kind of wax there is?

You can also get wax from beehives with Seasons.
    edited June 2020
    I bought wax cubes and colors from the table, but still could not craft any candles. After recycling I could, but perhaps there was something else that solved it? This is a off-the-grid lot, and maybe getting a power generator was what changed it? Btw, another object that I will need some time to understand. It says I need recyclables to add fuel, but one household member who had not been doing anything exo-ish, actually fueled it with no problem. In another household that is not possible. Guess this knowledge comes while playing...

PS: Did they not say on the stream that we can choose whether candles shall smelt or not? I think we can...
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    Can the Bee Box produce wax?
  • Annat1123Annat1123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree that you need bits and pieces from recycling, I ended up editing one of the Community lots and placed a recycling machine (technically for free) and hope that none of the other sims beat you to it lol
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Yes the bee box produces wax. It now has its own option. I tried to get honey next and the bees attacked so maybe only do one or the other.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Yes the bee box produces wax. It now has its own option. I tried to get honey next and the bees attacked so maybe only do one or the other.

@JACKIEJOY you can do both, I have. I *think* you need a good relationship with the bees & for them to be calm.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2020
    You can get both too if your willing to just face getting stung. I just figure my sim is going to get stung anyway. Make sure your bees don't need mite treatment they can't be calmed down if they have mites. Sometimes I let them calm down on their own and sometimes I just go in and handle them a bunch to calm them down. You just get an uncomfortable moodlet but you can take a bath or something to get rid of it. Lol I'm allergic in real it would take a lot more than a bath for me.
    Anyway I've got the machine and plenty of wax. My sim doesn't leave the lot enough to dumpster dive so I guess I'll be buying the dyes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I have beeswax from the beehive and soy wax from the soybean plant. I got ink from a dumpster dive.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Hover over where it shows your money and there is new additions showing "bits and pieces"

oh, that's where they go. Thanks

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top