Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fertilizing plants needs an update

Whenever I create a greenhouse garden for my sims I put all of my available plants/fruits/vegetables in it. CC ones included. However, I've started dreading when I get the ability to have them fertilize the plants because it's all done one plant at a time. I know I can use the bee boxes, but those are not available year round, as they go dormant in late fall and stay dormant until mid to late spring, and they tend to get upset a lot.
It would be nice if we could fertilize plants with them moving from one plant to the next rather than one at a time.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Agreed! It's quite tedious fertilizing. Harvesting gets quicker as your sim builds gardening skill, are you sure that is not also the fact for fertilizing? None of my sims have full score.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    No. Fertilizing stays the same from when it's gained at level three. One plant at a time.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited June 2020
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    Whenever I create a greenhouse garden for my sims I put all of my available plants/fruits/vegetables in it. CC ones included. However, I've started dreading when I get the ability to have them fertilize the plants because it's all done one plant at a time. I know I can use the bee boxes, but those are not available year round, as they go dormant in late fall and stay dormant until mid to late spring, and they tend to get upset a lot.
    It would be nice if we could fertilize plants with them moving from one plant to the next rather than one at a time.

It would be a nice update. My sims usually have small farms. Although, LittleMsSam has a gardening mod with autonomous fertilizing if that helps.

What would really be nice is if they would make a fertilizer sprayer you could purchase. Something like a cannister/backpack thing and select and load whatever type of fertilizer you want prior to using it.
  • katierosie29katierosie29 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know that they said they fixed fertilizing with pet poop in this last update, but I have still been unable to do that. How unfortunate!
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    In the past I was able to be able to stack fertilizing tasks using grow fruit or another plant but now if I do this only the first plant gets fertilized. This changed some time ago. So now it's even more tedious then before.
    The only way that I can stack the fertilizing task now is to use something different on every plant. So grow fruit then lily then rose and so on. If my Sim has not finished fertilizing with grow fruit or whatever I am using when I select another plant it will not be fertilized. So if I want everything fertilized with grow fruit I have to click fertilize and wait for my Sim to complete the action before moving on to the next plant. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, That's the change that made fertilizing such a pain.

• simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @Arzekial, I've had littlemssam's fertilizing mod more then once and it never worked for me. in fact I have her gardener mod right now and it only lets me harvest one plant at a time. I need to take the mod out because of this. I don't have free will turned on because what they would choose to do was driving me insane. I turned it on with those mods installed and they still didn't work.

@katierosie29, I tried the pet poop thing last night. You need them to pick it up and put it in their inventory then go to a plant that needs to be fertilized. Click on it and the pet dropping will be one of the choices.
    The downside is, I can imagine if you wanted to collect them the sim would become miserable from the smell.