Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch ruined my mods/game!

Since the June 2020 patch, my game hasn't been the same. First it was freezing, then crashing. I removed my mods and all CC and that's the only way I can make it run without losing my 80 sims families which are on 4 generations. Only, I hate playing the game like this. I used CC for styling every part of my Sims. The mods gave the game substance. Will I ever be able to put the mod folder back? Do I have to download everything again? Will it be permanently out of date for the clothes etc? The basic Sim make up is killing me. It almost makes me want to go back to the Sims 3 for a fresh perspective.

Comments

• pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    This game is not cc friendly... This is why I dont play like I used to... Always patching.. and always downloading the new stuff... And if you're unlucky some things arent for download anymore
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    It's always like this after a big patch. Most of your mods will eventually get updated, but please give the creators some time.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • eyesetokill25eyesetokill25 Posts: 49 Member
    It's always like this after a big patch. Most of your mods will eventually get updated, but please give the creators some time.

I can wait for the mods, but is the custom content doomed? I used it for everything, I dislike the default look of the Sims. I can't tell of every piece of CC is the problem now or if its just some of them. I've never had a patch impact my game this much.
  • eyesetokill25eyesetokill25 Posts: 49 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    This game is not cc friendly... This is why I dont play like I used to... Always patching.. and always downloading the new stuff... And if you're unlucky some things arent for download anymore

I hadn't noticed how much of an issue it was until now. I've never had a patch make my game crash, or have the same impact on so many other people.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    There is a thread that has information on broken/updated Mods & CC. Please check the first page as it is maintained with current information so you don't have to page through the entire thread to find things:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patch/p1
  • doouhdoouh Posts: 1 New Member
    I've seen this sort of discussion by researching because the same thing occurred when i tried to use certain CC doors, garage doors, and other things and the outline will stay but the doors are wiped or the mod all together will entirely disappear. This is happening right after the new patch and update so i guess we all just have to be patient.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    doouh wrote: »
    I've seen this sort of discussion by researching because the same thing occurred when i tried to use certain CC doors, garage doors, and other things and the outline will stay but the doors are wiped or the mod all together will entirely disappear. This is happening right after the new patch and update so i guess we all just have to be patient.

Some creators have updated their windows and doors. There is more information here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980785/broken-updated-mods-cc-sw-jb-sept-oct-2020/p1