Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There needs to be more Aspirations.

There simply aren't a lot. One or two get added here or there with EPs and GPs, but overall, I think there's a lot of room to add more. It's starting to feel like a lot of the categories, such as Fitness/Health and Animals, are completely forgotten features. I want to see a lot more added to the base game to spice things up a bit.

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I would especially like to see more aspirations tied to careers, and more aspirations for child sims.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like aspirations to child Sims do you need more of them and it would be nice if they were special ones just for teens and special ones just for elders and just more of them in general for the base game heck I would like a whole pack just with aspirations and stuff forget new worlds
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I would like aspirations to child Sims do you need more of them and it would be nice if they were special ones just for teens and special ones just for elders

Yes to both of those. It's frustrating when there are aspirations a teen sim can be assigned but can't progress on because you need to be in a particular career, or become a student. It would also be nice to have something special for elders.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah also more personality type aspirations would be cool.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    The option to randomize for aspirations would be nice too. But yes, there is room for so much more.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I'd like to see more aspirations as well. I'm kind of surprised there's no wellness aspiration. There's certainly enough in game content to make one. I'd also like to see the aspiration system reworked to where our sims develop an aspiration based on the traits we pick for them, rather than outright picking an aspiration.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have some cc aspirations, but there aren’t even that many cc ones. I would highly welcome more.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited June 2020
    I wish aspirations were more difficult. My sims finish like three of them in their lifetime.

Edit: And I‘m not even really trying.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    traits and aspirations, do need improving, with so many careers and worlds now, it would be nice to choose something different, or have the existing ones fleshed out with more alternate paths, depending on the sims skills, relationships, volunteering or jobs as well as grades in schools and uni . ..
    I sometimes wish for the zodiac option back again, at least they had a real sense of character before any traits got assigned!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Posts: 62 Member
    More aspirations are extremely needed. They're so very limited right now.
    OSDDWo0.png
  • mboglesbymboglesby Posts: 18 Member
    What are some of your aspiration ideas?
    It’s be really cool for some teen-specific ones with requirements like “sneak out three times without getting caught”, “toilet paper the school gym”, and “call in fake sick to school” (cool kid aspiration?) or “tattle to teacher on another student”, “complete extra credit five days in a row”, and “bring teacher an Apple” (teachers pet aspiration?) The perks could be ‘smooth talker’ and ‘brown no service respectively.
    I can’t really think of anything else, it’s just be cool to have more teen specific aspirations.
    I do feel as if a lot of them are fairly easy, My sims are able to complete at least two during their lifetime.
    I just had a thought- an aspiration for an adult could be “comfortable retirement” where they’d be able to retire if they’ve made it to the top of their career, thus collecting a nice retirement check.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I'd like one involving travel. It would require more destination worlds or just adding hotels and rentals to all worlds. I suppose this would be difficult because it relies too heavily on owning other specific packs, but I'd like it if they had to learn about the culture, interact with the locals, do certain world-specific activities. Or at least something to do with a daredevil trait, for someone who wants to eat all the foods, do all the exploring, try all the things.

Another one is, I've created a couple of sims for stories who just... want to do good, I guess? Like, none of the available aspirations really fit them. They could be doctors, conservationists, retail workers, anything (hey, maybe even politicians), but they want to volunteer, donate to charity, take stray dogs to the vet (if this were possible), mentor children, fix broken things, just help around. It could have come with the latest pack, but maybe it would fit a crime or superhero pack better.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would like to see more fitness-aspirations. Many of my sims are active but the bodybuilder-aspiration does not fit that many of them.

- Running
    - Swimming
    - Climbing
    - Cycling

There could be some kind of sims-version of Iron Man.
  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    I posted this suggestion, which I think would go a long way towards addressing this, but nobody seemed interested :(https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976132/storytelling-via-custom-individualized-aspirations
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I need more life long aspirations. Not "do this x times".
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    I don't think we need more aspirations, which are mostly bonus buffs and interactions that are just that - bonuses. They make the sims better, but what we need more of is making sims different.

Instead of having more aspirations, and more traits, I think we should go back to the roots of Sims 1 and 2, and have different levels of traits. This would tie in with real life personality traits like Big 5/OCEAN, which can result in more varied sims.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I agree and they need to have more influence on the Sim. Now you can just switch without consequences.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'd rather see an update to aspirations than getting more useless ones. Right now, they're just too grindy and really only serve as tutorials for the pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    sennawales wrote: »
    I don't think we need more aspirations, which are mostly bonus buffs and interactions that are just that - bonuses. They make the sims better, but what we need more of is making sims different.

Instead of having more aspirations, and more traits, I think we should go back to the roots of Sims 1 and 2, and have different levels of traits. This would tie in with real life personality traits like Big 5/OCEAN, which can result in more varied sims.

TS2 had Aspirations too, it's where they originated. Most weren't selectable on your Sim, and instead were generated based on their personality traits. I think we definitely need more aspirations to diversify our Sims. Like zeldaboy180 mentions, the new ones we get basically just serve as tutorials for new pack content, and aren't really lifetime aspirations like TS2 and TS3 had.

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I agree !!!! New and well designed aspiration can really inspire new gameplay style. That’s why I use custom aspirations to keep the game fresh.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I do use custom aspirations which makes the selection a little better, but more Maxis-created and custom would be great. There aren't a lot of them out there and I don't get why. It seems like one of the things creators would focus on.