Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion would You vote for next if these were the options 2020

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    That was a difficult choice, as I would like them all - except the superheroes one.

Same, except I think I have even less interest in a reality show option than a superheroes pack. But those two would both be way at the bottom of the list. (I could imagine some conceivable situation where if I got it for free or $5, I might check out the superheroes pack out of curiosity, but I wouldn't touch a reality show pack option with a ten foot pole. We've had quite enough of that in the real world.)

OP, as there are so many good choices here, and a lot of people are torn between them, I would be curious to see the reverse poll: what option do you absolutely not want?
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Supernatural (adding werewolves, fairies and more occults)
    This was an easy choice. :relieved: I'm also interested in Find Love and Rebuild, though.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    LaniNeptuneLaniNeptune Posts: 19 Member
    Vacation (adding winter world gameplay)
    This was a difficult choice for me because there are three expansions I would love. The one I picked, vacation in a winter world, would be fun to build hotels and ski chalets. There also seems to be a lot of game play aspects for people who like family play, so win for builders like me and win for family people.

The second is the past/future expansion, I didn't get Sims 3 Into the Future (is that what it's called) so I wouldn't mind some timey-whimey fun.

The third is the post apocalyptic expansion, it would be fun to make hellish landscapes, warring factions lots, and underground scientist bunkers. With the Eco Lifestyle expansion all the grime and smog would be just terrific, fantastic even.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Generations ( adding more gameplay especially for babies and elders)
    Generations
    Finding Love
    Country Living and Vacation are tied for third.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    You left out my top choice: a music/bands/orchestras pack. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Undecided between this and Power Up.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I orginially put Find Love but then saw Generations. This is a must, for me before other things.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Anyone familiar with my posts knows darn well I choose "Supernatural," and if it was a ranked list, "Power Up" would be my number 2. Most packs focus on the down-to-earth stuff. I'm itching for more weirdness!!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I didn't vote for cars only because I think it's something that should be patched into the base game, not a expansion pack feature, even though I really want them. I voted for Generations but I would also like Into the Future, Rebuild, Get Real and Power Up, besides cars, obviously, although as a patch not an EP. Also I wouldn't mind Country Living too.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2020
    Find Love (enhanced dating and weddings)
    There are so many things I want here, but a lot of them are kind of niche and should probably be game packs, rather than expansion packs, like superheroes, apocalypse, medieval, more occults. Maybe winter vacation, too, which would be fantastic.

I think something about romance and generations would add more to the general gameplay with improved relationships and interactions, so I was torn between those two and ultimately chose romance as I admit I don't play that much with children and elders. To make them expansions, they would have to include A LOT, which might be exactly what we need lol.

And there's some other great ideas that I think I'd prefer as features of another theme, like reality competitions as part of a music career expansion.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Country Living (adding farming gameplay)
    These all sound amazing to me.

My interests in order:

1. Country Living (adding farming gameplay)
    Farming's great, but I also want more country gameplay

2. Generations ( adding more gameplay especially for babies and elders)
    More interested in child, toddler, and teen gameplay, but would also love more generational interactions

3. Find Love (enhanced dating and weddings)
    An attraction system, if done well, would be a nice addition to this game

4. Power up (adding superheroes)
    I just think I'd have a lot of fun with this

5. Vacation (adding winter world gameplay)
    More winter activities would be nice

6. Rebuild (adding apocalypse, rebuild and survival gameplay)
    I'll never turn down more survival gameplay options

7. Supernatural (adding werewolves, fairies and more occults)
    Fairies would be nice and werewolves if they're done well

8. Into the past/future (time travel pack with medieval world)
    I'd like me some medieval gameplay

9. Get Real (3 different reality shows gameplay)
    Only if my sims can be stranded on a desert island with the goal to survive

10. On The Road (cars and vehicles gameplay)
    Only if they include a car building hobby
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Very closely followed by Find Love.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    Avis_pixieAvis_pixie Posts: 16 Member
    It's hard to pick one but went with vacations as I really want to build hotels and resorts. Would also really like generations and find love though!
  • Options
    DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Posts: 62 Member
    Country living all the way. Farming and gardening together would be fantastic. Plus the items would be super cute!
    OSDDWo0.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2020
    Farming with real equipment(tractors (antique and new varieties), haybalers, hand plow, ECT), product producing animals ( cow, pig, chicken, goat, sheep), fencing ( electric, barbwire, rickety), crops ( peas, corn( if not in eco), green beans, beans), recipes ( soup beans, corn bread, ECT), co-op to buy things at( supplies, equipment, animals, and feed/hay), several 60x60 lots for farming.

I like all the other options except more supernaturals, get real, and power up. I love vampires & mermaids, but not crazy about the rest. Ghost and Grim additions would be neat. We don't have enough Goth looking stuff. I wouldn't mind fairies as much as they are pretty. I could care less about werewolves and if they do make them, I hope werewolves, fairies, more ghosts, and more Grim( woohoo, more interactions, grim house) are all together. Maybe in a swamp world. I can't see myself ever buying a werewolf pack on it's own. Just no interest.

Super heroes and reality shows don't interest me at all.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    crops ( peas, corn( if not in eco), green beans, beans),

We have both green peas and green beans already, from Seasons. Corn would be good, though.

Okra would be a fun one to add, in my opinion, because it's a popular crop both in parts of the US and in many other countries around the world.

But the plants I'd most like to see are more fruit plants, especially berries: strawberries, blueberries, and peach trees are at the top of my list.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Into the past/future (time travel pack with medieval world)
    1. Time Travel
    2. Werewolves, Fairies & Genies
    3. Superheroes v.s Supervillains
    4. Rebuild Apocalypse
    5. Weddings & Honeymoons
    6. Generations
    7. Farming
    8. Open Road Cars
    9. Winter Resort Vacation World

Don't remember the exact titles.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    I read the August 2015 expansion pack survey that was published which featured great ideas for expansions to vote on (the first 7 in this list are from that) and the popular comments and trends people want as the next 3 and I thought it would be fun to see what expansion would get the most votes now if the following 10 were the options. Happy simming <3

I would choose all of them except for farming. I would also like to see ones for disabled, different ethnicities/races (Native American, Romani, etc) done respectfully. With drumming as a skill and new dances to learn with events like pow wows, being able to craft different things adding to the whole Green Initiative that EA seems to be running with at present.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    On The Road (cars and vehicles gameplay)
    Its pretty sad that expansions are so limited that things like cars and romance have to be separated when we got both in Nightlife oh how I miss when expansions truly expanded the game. Its pretty much equal for me wanting cars or generations though if generations came I'd expect babies to be patched in as they should have been in base game and something new to draw me in like preteens.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I really love supernatural gameplay so it will always get my vote. I particularly want werewolves, but I would like fairies and updated ghosts too. I would be just as happy to have werewolves in their own game pack though similar to Vampires. I just really need them back. I would also love a romance GP, a hotel GP, a horses GP, and a car patch maybe with a SP. I would probably enjoy a historical pack too, but Generations would be my second choice for an EP. I am a family player and I would love more family interactions and development for younger and elder sims.
  • Options
    ArtsyDuuArtsyDuu Posts: 16 Member
    I have literally been dying for a Country Living pack or Get Farming pack or something along those lines. I was gonna pick the Generations one, but then I saw the last option and was like: "take my money" lol
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Family Gameplay is lacking to this day for me. I would rather have my sims have deep family connection before raising chickens and pigs.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I hope EA/Maxis still have these data/poll results and work on them. I'd love a farming EP soooooooooo much!
    However, I woudn't mind a new vacation spot, new romantic interactions, more game play for all generations and better weddings.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Generations but I would also love to see cars, vacation, & find love
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Find Love (enhanced dating and weddings)
    Really tough choice between Find Love and Generations. Other good options too. I just really want attraction system.