Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Game of “You or Me”

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Me as heck for sure.

WMLT be gangsta but also nice? XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    You ^^

Wmlt enjoy the nice weather all day long?
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Me?

Wmlt cure cancer
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    You :p

WMLT love partying?
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    You.

WMLT bake their own bread instead of buying it?
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    You.

WMLT love eating cereal?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    You. I mean, most cereals are good, but "love" is quite a strong word.

WMLT speak sarcasm as their second mother tongue?
    I don't even eat much of cereal tho. XD

Meeeee.

WMLT like dry humor?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Me :D And I'm also fluent in sarcasm.

WMLT be easily annoyed with people?
    Meeeeeee.

WMLT love performing?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    You

WMLT forget things immediately
    EMrBkJP.png
    Me.

WMLT be ambidextrous?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Me? or was it both of us? We're both lefties who can also do a lot of things equally well with both hands. Both of us, ish?

WMLT get migraines? Wait, that's both of us too.
    New try:

WMLT get dizzy when they take Tylenol?

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    You. I've never had that, I don't think.

WMLT not like it when people see them cry?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I'll say you.

WMLT not let being called something nasty, mean, or offensive affect them at all?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    Another deep question that deserves careful consideration.

Honestly, I don't know. I've laughed off being called a name, not as an act of bravado, but because I genuinely thought it was funny af at the time, but I was able to feel that way, because it wasn't an actual threat, nor was it something that had become a nagging wound from repeated inflicting. It really matters what the context is, whether there is real malice behind it, and also whether the malice is personal, or offhand and casual, dismissive not from anything between the two people personally, but due to the dismissal of an entire group of people, by the one doing the name calling. Slurs, in other words.

I've never dealt with that in a chronic, systemic way, and I think that would affect things.

I did change schools frequently enough that I was always an outsider, and felt like one anyway even when I was in a school long enough to have friends. So the few times I got called something, I generally just bulled through with no reaction, and it would die down on its own a lot faster than if I had made a fuss. But I didn't feel threatened, and that also changes things. I was bigger, stronger, taller than most of them, and had been through things that gave me a perspective they couldn't have, on what is and isn't a real threat.

But if I had been told daily, by different people, always the same bad things about myself? You bet that would dig in and eat away at a person. Even though that person would then have to pretend indifference, I think that would make it even worse, to have to pretend to not react, when the injury was compounded daily. A slow drip of poison hits different.

And I realize that makes me unqualified to speak on it except to condemn it.

So I don't even know, between the two of us. Want to know what you think, though.

WMLT be seeing some leg atrophy from too much not getting out, due to quarantine and social distancing?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Maybe both of us? I went out the other day and my feet and leg hurt from just walking around for 10 mins. XD Ooh, boy. Mainly so my feet just felt very cramped in my sneakers but that's kinda like the same thing you get when you buy new shoes.

WMLT hate wearing masks?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited June 2020
    Another deep question that deserves careful consideration.

Honestly, I don't know. I've laughed off being called a name, not as an act of bravado, but because I genuinely thought it was funny af at the time, but I was able to feel that way, because it wasn't an actual threat, nor was it something that had become a nagging wound from repeated inflicting. It really matters what the context is, whether there is real malice behind it, and also whether the malice is personal, or offhand and casual, dismissive not from anything between the two people personally, but due to the dismissal of an entire group of people, by the one doing the name calling. Slurs, in other words.

I've never dealt with that in a chronic, systemic way, and I think that would affect things.

I did change schools frequently enough that I was always an outsider, and felt like one anyway even when I was in a school long enough to have friends. So the few times I got called something, I generally just bulled through with no reaction, and it would die down on its own a lot faster than if I had made a fuss. But I didn't feel threatened, and that also changes things. I was bigger, stronger, taller than most of them, and had been through things that gave me a perspective they couldn't have, on what is and isn't a real threat.

But if I had been told daily, by different people, always the same bad things about myself? You bet that would dig in and eat away at a person. Even though that person would then have to pretend indifference, I think that would make it even worse, to have to pretend to not react, when the injury was compounded daily. A slow drip of poison hits different.

And I realize that makes me unqualified to speak on it except to condemn it.

So I don't even know, between the two of us. Want to know what you think, though.

WMLT be seeing some leg atrophy from too much not getting out, due to quarantine and social distancing?

This was a very detailed and excellent response. Thanks for sharing.

You know, for me I've been around long enough to know when someone purposely says offensive words to get a rise out of you, bring you down, make you react angrily/emotionally. My way of thinking is that's all they have. If you're in a place of happiness and contentment, most people who look down on you want you to feel lesser than.Even when living your life without them even being at thought, they want to play the role of interloper and ruin your vibe, your peace of mind, or whatever you call your place of being. They think :"you're not supposed to have happiness, you're not supposed to enjoy your place in the world."

So you either laugh, say or give them the "are you done" look and keep it moving. Engaging with people like that has gone from exhausting to just sad, so when you have the capacity to not only walk away but smile, they have to stand there with either all eyes on them, or in frustrated silence because that happy place has no vacancy for their presence.

DeKay wrote: »

WMLT hate wearing masks?

I'll say you.

WMLT be content with what they have in life, and not want or need anything beyond their means of living?
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    I'd hazard it's about a tie. You seem to be really a kind of settled and mature-minded person, and as for me, I grew up poor so what feels like just getting by, to my hubs, feels like having it good, to me. So I'm pretty content. Maybe both of us?

WMLT like hot and spicy food?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    You. I hate it.

WMLT love ketchup?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I love it on fries but not on much else. So you?

WMLT to love salt and vinegar?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Me!

WMLT hate pineapple on pizza?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    You. I love it.

WMLT change their phone case every 6 months?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    @Bad Arkane You!

Who's most likely to dye their hair blue?

y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
    Definitely you.

WMLT have an exit strategy already planned out in case of a natural disaster?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top