Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco lifestyle's effect on cc

13...Next

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    All CC that is in BB will probably have to be updated. I don't use CC, so I'm not really sure, but it sounds pretty reasonable to me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im glad that I mainly focus on CAS CC. I have very little build/buy CC (not including those that come with certain mods, but Im not worried in the least about those) and if the CC i do have is negatively affected, Im not so dependent on them. It'll just be annoying at best.

Still though, Im prepared to be playing offline for a bit until my mods update and I can see how CC is affected. Ive got some lot builds to work on and some new games downloaded to keep me entertained.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited June 2020
    For the last few patches I've followed the same routine which generally serves me well.

1) I pull my Mods folder and put it elsewhere on my drive. I know a lot of people put it on their desktop, but that gets too cluttered for my liking. I rename it something like OldMods (date)
    2) I back up my save folder, but I don't delete it, as I don't want to have a new Save0001 to rename.
    3) I delete localthumbnailcache.package
    4) I open and play a bit in a save I only open when I don't have mods/cc installed. Or I start a brand new save, but mostly I've just played in a designated No mods save.
    5) Then I install mod updates to the newly generated Mods folder as they update, or move them from the old mods folder into the new one as they're declared okay. I also move over any .cfg files as their mods are updated. After about a week, if I haven't heard that something is broken, I'll move it into the new mods folder but open a testing save to check it out first.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @DaWaterRat I'll try that.

Oh, I forgot 2 steps -
    I delete "localthumbnailcache.package" (which you should do before installing any new mods) and once they're declared okay/updated, I move over the relevant *.cfg files from MCCC and others.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    Glad to see there is not reported any problems (this far) with regular cc like walls and floors. They simply lack the new info re flamability and eco-impact, which I guess we can live with. Anyone having problems with cc (that are not mods)?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Glad to see there is not reported any problems (this far) with regular cc like walls and floors. They simply lack the new info re flamability and eco-impact, which I guess we can live with. Anyone having problems with cc (that are not mods)?

that's good to know
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2020

I have some nice cc candles which no longer show a flame when lit since the new patch update. Mind you, these same candles never worked off the grid. (They are really old). Supposedly they do now (they seem part of the candle system and not the light system) but they neither light up or show an animated flame. I may just have to get rid of them or else hope for a batch fix from Sims Studio.

I have some nice cc candles which no longer show a flame when lit since the new patch update. Mind you, these same candles never worked off the grid. (They are really old). Supposedly they do now (they seem part of the candle system and not the light system) but they neither light up or show an animated flame. I may just have to get rid of them or else hope for a batch fix from Sims Studio.

I'd consider CC candles with flame rather advanced, not the typical recolored cc. I don't know how to create such, but maybe the outcome depends on what original object they were cloned from? If you know the creator's name, there is a chance they update. I got several cc candles myself, hoping most of them will still work (did not patch yet, need to backup first, so saving it til tomorrow)
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member

I'd consider CC candles with flame rather advanced, not the typical recolored cc. I don't know how to create such, but maybe the outcome depends on what original object they were cloned from? If you know the creator's name, there is a chance they update. I got several cc candles myself, hoping most of them will still work (did not patch yet, need to backup first, so saving it til tomorrow)

The ones I was thinking of specifically are from the Plumbob Tea Society, their Cottage set, and they are gorgeous (little candles in jars of different sizes, lanterns hanging off poles, candles with a wooden base, candles hanging off a wall, etc). They used to look really nice. Sadly they are no longer updating. The original creator must have cloned them from lights, I think because they never worked properly as candles since the IL update. They have now been recategorized somehow (they seem to be part of the candle not the light system now) but they still don't light up if there is no power. Too bad.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    @AngeliqueAdelaide. I suspect that little CC will actually break but that creators will need to update CC if they want it to be more/less flammable, contribute in either direction to Eco-Footprint, etc. I'm anticipating no more CC breakage than Cats and Dogs, and quite likely less. Mods, of course, are another story, as always. And it's worth noting that modders typically won't support non-updated games.

The cc I have in my game is some hair but mostly clothing. 18th century clothing! I have gone ahead and put it back and will see what happens. If a game save breaks, oh well. I just cleared out my saves folder prior to the patch. I'm not opposed to starting my two saves all over again.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @AngeliqueAdelaide. I suspect that little CC will actually break but that creators will need to update CC if they want it to be more/less flammable, contribute in either direction to Eco-Footprint, etc. I'm anticipating no more CC breakage than Cats and Dogs, and quite likely less. Mods, of course, are another story, as always. And it's worth noting that modders typically won't support non-updated games.

The cc I have in my game is some hair but mostly clothing. 18th century clothing! I have gone ahead and put it back and will see what happens. If a game save breaks, oh well. I just cleared out my saves folder prior to the patch. I'm not opposed to starting my two saves all over again.

Game saves are safe again - quick fix was released on Origin, I grabbed it about 1 hour ago, and the save that caused problems previously, is now okay :) Re CC - all my files are now back in with no problems. I have not used each item yet, but at least the files are tolerated by the game and not causing crashing.
  • ktbrennan20ktbrennan20 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi. I have an issue. I tried to make a new community lot in Newcrest but it doesn't work. When I go into the lot I can move around and see everything I put in it but I can't edit anything cos the build buy mode is missing and then I also can't go back to the world view I have to quit the game. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great :)