Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Have they shared any info yet if the degrees from DU have any effect on this pack's gameplay? Or how it would complement the Conservationist career from IL?

Communications and Physics degrees will apparently help with the Civil Designer career. I am still waiting to find out if any degrees help Freelance Crafters. Does anyone know?
  • AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    I am looking forward to the new Eco pack. There is one thing I'd like to see added. Bunk beds. I have been challenging myself to complete Big Happy Family In Tiny Living House but don't seem to be able to squeeze more than seven sims in even with wall to wall Murphy beds! I am looking forward to seeing how Tiny Living and Eco Interlock. As to complaints about Knox: some conflict in a neighborhood from an ob(Knox)ious Sim can be interesting.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Have they shared any info yet if the degrees from DU have any effect on this pack's gameplay? Or how it would complement the Conservationist career from IL?

Not the career you asked about, but at least UNI degrees will affect Eco lifestyle.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of a change of heart over this pack.

I'm not too keen on the eco theme but I like the idea of community lots and NAPs. And a new world means more lots. However one thing that concerns me is the eco footprint in all worlds. I really do hope I don't have to redo every lot in the other worlds to make them eco-friendly. Not every household should be eating insects and juice fizzing.

I know we can switch the footprint off but not without switching off the NAPs too apparently.

Didn't they say you could pause it. Wouldn't that mean that the eco footprint stays the same, as well as the NAPs?
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    I don't know if anyone has already written about it. Have you noticed one pointless thing?
    On the one hand, we have eco, we recycle used things because the production of new ones is after all harmful to the natural environment ... on the other hand, to make stupid jam or a candle (I don't know why but ok!) We have to use large, iron machines that probably are born on trees, they are not built in factories, steel mills, etc.: D
    it doesn't make sense!
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
    edited May 2020
    GPH wrote: »
    URGENT: ... snip ... I just want to make everyone aware about this that play the Sims 4 game for a reason. So if you do want the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever and you love the Sims 4 game, then you will need to keep sharing this long (Missing Items) post. ... snip ... THESE MISSING ITEMS URGENTLY NEED TO BE ON THE SIMS 4 SO IF YOU DO CARE THEN PLZ SHARE THIS POST!!!!!!

You are spamming the board, that is not the best move if you want attention to your list. There's no chance we'll ever get all that you are listing, wouldn't it be better campaigning for a list of 10 items rather than filling the wall? Even if I would welcome a few of those items, I will never spread such a long post and hope everybody else will not do it either. Put a link to the list in your signature and use the board for discussions.
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    edited May 2020
    Your so negative, of course all those things can go onto the Sims 4. 100 items is a lot but it’s going to take a while to add it all on there. Even if it’s 10 items at a time for the Sims studio team to take it step by step!

There’s no such thing as (Impossible) that’s not a word in my life, any game can do anything and the Sims 4 needs to be the best!
    edited May 2020
    Your so negative, of course all those things can go onto the Sims 4. 100 items is a lot but it’s going to take a while to add it all on there. Even if it’s 10 items at a time for the Sims studio team to take it step by step!

There’s no such thing as (Impossible) that’s not a word in my life, any game can do anything and the Sims 4 needs to be the best!

I basically reacted to a loooong post being posted 3 times in a row on the same board. I should have walked away after stating that :)

No hard feelings! :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Stop spamming the forums!!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

Dude, I'm only responding because others have quoted your response, so I see it that way.

Your spamming the forums has already put you on my ignore list. Find a better way to discuss these issues if they're so important to you.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2020
    URGENT:

I just want to make everyone aware about this that play the Sims 4 game for a reason. So if you do want the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever and you love the Sims 4 game, then you will need to keep sharing this long (Missing Items) post. The more the Sims 4 game has the better the Sims 4 game is. But if your somebody that doesn’t care about the Sims 4 then you shouldn’t be playing it, cuz you clearly don’t want the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever made. The Sims 4 game needs to have all the (Missing Items) on it whether you care or not about the Sims 4. So whether you care or not it’s very important that this post does get shared everyday. This means that the Sims studio team who make these games will be able to see the list and add it onto the game. I desperately need everyone’s help with this aswell as putting this post onto the Sims Forums website everyday myself. But if you don’t care about the Sims 4 game then don’t share this urgent post!

THESE MISSING ITEMS URGENTLY NEED TO BE ON THE SIMS 4 SO IF YOU DO CARE THEN PLZ SHARE THIS POST!!!!!!

Hi. Look, this thread is specifically to discuss the latest Expansion Pack about Eco Lifestyle.

Here are the Ideas Corner and the Feedback sections, where you will find threads more suited for the kind of posts you're making.

Some other users occasionally post things of items they would like to see added in the game. However, I think asking others to spam the boards with your particular list, or even with their own, would be counterproductive because the forums are supposed to encourgae discussion and that would seriously get in the way. Why not try adding your opinions in the appropriate sections/threads and express your support for others whose opinions you share? A lot of us agree with and like a lot of your suggestions, but we're all different and won't be campaigning for the very same items all the time.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    My question is, will these "effects of not recycling or taking care of the world" go for all worlds or just the new one that comes with the expansion pack?

I don't think so because it is a story game, as you know that is not true in the other story game Strangeville. It is the story for that world.

Well that sucks :(

My question is, will these "effects of not recycling or taking care of the world" go for all worlds or just the new one that comes with the expansion pack?

I don't think so because it is a story game, as you know that is not true in the other story game Strangeville. It is the story for that world.

It's not a story. There is no story for Evergreen Harbor.

The special effects (trash, changes to the exteriors of buildings) are unique to Evergreen Harbor. However, neighborhoods in almost all worlds can be shifted either Green or Industrial. Industrial neighborhoods have increased smog, green neighborhoods can see the aurora at night. The visuals aren't as strong as they'll be in Evergreen Harbor, but they are there.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

The special effects (trash, changes to the exteriors of buildings) are unique to Evergreen Harbor. However, neighborhoods in almost all worlds can be shifted either Green or Industrial. Industrial neighborhoods have increased smog, green neighborhoods can see the aurora at night. The visuals aren't as strong as they'll be in Evergreen Harbor, but they are there.

Trash isn’t unique to Evergreen, you can have trash in other worlds via lot traits.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

DaWaterRat wrote: »

Trash isn’t unique to Evergreen, you can have trash in other worlds via lot traits.

True. I should have clarified I meant Street Trash (as opposed to Lot trash)
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    wow i thought this is the best looking game i seen since the vamps came out. i cant wait until it comes out.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Guy’s you can have a go at me about my long (Missing Items) post as much as you want but that’s not stopping me. You obviously don’t care about the Sims 4 if you don’t want all the missing items on there. So the question is....

Why are you playing on it?

Messaging on peoples posts and complaining about their (Missing Items) ideas for the game is just making you the biggest problem. I’m doing what everyone else is doing which is what the Sims Forum website is for!

The problem is you are posting your list on subjects that aren't about new ideas! Go start a post on the ideas section where it belongs.

This, but also be careful not to spam the list in the ideas section.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I just watched a cooking show where the food critics and chefs were all saying that cricket is the protein of the future. So I am rather interested to know exactly what the new food recipes involving insects are going to be (besides the Boiling Hot Frog Pot that was mentioned in the livestream), whether or not they include crickets, and what kinds of moodlets they will cause the sims to have.
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    So where is the right place for the (Missing Items) post to go? I don’t know the Sims Forums website very well!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    So where is the right place for the (Missing Items) post to go? I don’t know the Sims Forums website very well!

j1z1 gave you some links above in their post and you could just follow them if you want to post in existing threads. Or you could just post your ideas by starting a new thread in a relevant Discussion Forum (like the Speculation Forum).
  • AmyESAmyES Posts: 3 New Member
    So I am new to the forum (Cause I'm 40 and just play Sims to get away from my own real world I guess) but I found Eco Lifestyle already released at Target. . . is that normal for them to release it early in box stores?
    AmyES wrote: »
    So I am new to the forum (Cause I'm 40 and just play Sims to get away from my own real world I guess) but I found Eco Lifestyle already released at Target. . . is that normal for them to release it early in box stores?

Yea, they won’t be able to sell it until Friday. And also since it’s a code even if they do sell it it probably won’t activate until friday

• honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I wonder if the game changers will get it early? and show some game play again,
  • mari_c1mari_c1 Posts: 74 Member
    does anyone know what time the update drops? i thought i would've been able to update at 11 :(
    sappy himming :)
    mari_c1 wrote: »
    does anyone know what time the update drops? i thought i would've been able to update at 11 :(

It’s delayed until tomorrow