Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    The chapter was great! Loved it! It's nice to see everyone working together so harmoniously. I do think you need to introduce another troubled teen for Clara to moon over. :wink: I made a place with a teen for someone a few gift exchanges ago, but the place wasn't nearly as run down as you like them, just small with a little garden. The "grandfather" figure dies soon as thus the ghost could be another interesting twist. Just another road that could be travelled or not: You've got a lot going on already.

Not everyone has the ability to use the build/buy on this lot cheat; but I know for you and @Mmdrgntobldrgn it would definitely add a lot to game play challenge.
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Saturday, a weekend, and another chapter...Marcus has some bright ideas about how to improve things on the farm. But what does Annette think of them?
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/05/changing-seasons-spring-ii-part-2.html
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Great chapter!! Left comments on your blog so I wouldn't have to hide it behind a spoiler tag here.
    Yay! I like seeing those lots and stories added! And yay for the latest developments too.
    Saturday morning and there's a new chapter of Changing Seasons. Marcus and Annette's new farmhand arrives.
    Link here: https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/05/changing-seasons-spring-ii-part-3.html
    Things are getting a bit more interesting. I will enjoy watching what happens next.
    edited May 2020
    Saturday, and there's another chapter here (though I'm going to have to take a break from the gift exchange if there's going to be one next week!). And, @AlphaFen Clara's back!
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/05/changing-seasons-summer-ii-part-1.html
    Happy weekend, everyone :)
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
    I took the break from the gift exchange, and there is another chapter up...more of Clara. Though she doesn't set anything on fire...
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/05/changing-seasons-summer-ii-part-2.html
    8:46 am on a very windy Saturday morning here. We took the canopy off the swing seat to stop it acting like a sail and carrying the whole thing away!
    Just got this chapter done in time! Don't know why life has been so busy, but it has...
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/05/changing-seasons-summer-ii-part-3.html
    Happy weekend, however that plays out where you are. :)
    edited July 2020
    The monitor's working! I had some simming time! I got it typed up! That means another chapter of Changing Seasons - Autumn now, and Euan and Patience. Link here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/07/changing-seasons-summer-ii-part-1.html
    And, @LMC6255 you might see something you recognise in this episode... ;)
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
    Glad your monitor is working! Also glad to see another chapter and after reading it, felt the wait was well worth it. Love your attention to detail and how you're interweaving various households and builds together to form this special town. Also loved seeing LMC's gifts in action.

Left a comment on your blog :)
    ~*~ Wishing those who celebrate a happy and safe 4th of July ~*~

4thofjuly.jpg
    @LMC6255 There's another building you might recognise here...
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/07/changing-seasons-autumn-ii-part-2.html
    Patience is discovering more about the place she lives...and finding more surprises too. Wishing everyone a nice weekend :)
    I'm always so happy to turn on my computer on Saturday morning and catch a new chapter! Thank you for that!
    @ciane You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoy reading it. :) And anything that makes someone else's day nicer has to be a good thing to do o:)
    Autumn is drawing to a close. Next chapter of Changing Seasons! Link here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/07/changing-seasons-autumn-ii-part-3.html
    That was a fun read @SamelaRita :)
    It's the weekend! Yay! :D It means my poor husband can get out from behind his computer :s and stretch his legs.
    And as I got behind my computer this week (and had a lot more fun than he did!) there's another chapter of Changing Seasons. How are Marianna and Lachlan doing, a year after they moved into their "dream home"?
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/07/changing-seasons-winter-ii-part-1.html
    Here is me not planning to write another story ...
    Here is me taking more pictures than expected ...
    Here is me sharing a sneak peek ...

https://mysims3life.com/modise-1/
    @ADWilson Love the pictures - especially the one with the child inside the dollshouse! And the report card...must play that sometime and see what happens, just out of interest.
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ADWilson Love the pictures - especially the one with the child inside the dollshouse! And the report card...must play that sometime and see what happens, just out of interest.

I'm glad I took a peek to see what Marie was up to or I would have missed seeing this.
    Astrid-Stella was putting away books they read together so I had Marie head over to the dollhouse for a bit.

Am not sure what will happen during the second week of school but {fingers crossed} for neither teen failing school.
    I wonder how long @ciane played them before aging up to YA and what their report cards looked like at graduation.
    I usually play age settings to one sim day equals one year of life. So, sims experience one day as a babe and I grow them up right away. They get five days as a toddler, bringing them up to school age where they transition into a child. Both child and teen stages are one week long: kindergarten through through sixth grade as a child and ages 13-19 as a teen. So, I typical play a reno for under three weeks, unless there is an unborn sim that adds a few days to the play. My children and teens have only one full week of school, which is usually shortened to only four days because of holidays. They always have As and all homework completed before they transition, as they will progress one grade each day they've completed their homework. This reno was the only exception to that, where I was just happy that they weren't failing!!! A C was the best I could hope for, though with an opportunity, I think one got up to a B at one point. Of course, it dropped again with skipping school.

This reno is a great one. I'm glad you are doing it!
    Thanks for the quick response :)
    ciane wrote: »
    I usually play age settings to one sim day equals one year of life. So, sims experience one day as a babe and I grow them up right away. They get five days as a toddler, bringing them up to school age where they transition into a child. Both child and teen stages are one week long: kindergarten through through sixth grade as a child and ages 13-19 as a teen. So, I typical play a reno for under three weeks, unless there is an unborn sim that adds a few days to the play. My children and teens have only one full week of school, which is usually shortened to only four days because of holidays. They always have As and all homework completed before they transition, as they will progress one grade each day they've completed their homework.

I knew you played a shorter length than me & find it quite interesting to compare notes.

Baby: 2 ... I wanted what you use but minimum on normal lifespan is 2. I could age up, I suppose.
    Toddler: 7
    Child: 7
    Teen: 14 ... I used to do 7 but wanted them to have chance of more than one dance.
    ciane wrote: »
    This reno was the only exception to that, where I was just happy that they weren't failing!!! A C was the best I could hope for, though with an opportunity, I think one got up to a B at one point. Of course, it dropped again with skipping school.

This reno is a great one. I'm glad you are doing it!

With this reno, I originally set days to 14 for toddler through teen because I thought I would need it.

Toddler can easily get everything accomplished in 10 total (I happen to be on Day 10 now!) so I might age up once the last set of books have been read because I forgot to do the 2nd toddler. Oops!

Child can also age up w/ 10 total because I have essentially done as much as I want to do with them at this stage, too.

Teen is trickier.
    One got B grade because of an opportunity (3 days of school) while the other had no opportunity (1 day of school).
    I should have had each go to school 2 days since holidays fall ON weekdays but silly me didn't pay enough attention because I was more focused on toddlers: not leaving them home alone, and who could go to the library with one of them. LOL
    Yep, the minimum on babies is 2. I don't know why that is. That is why I always age up babies to toddler earlier. Toddlers usually age up earlier in my games than 5 days too, if they've skilled as far as they can go. I have someone read half the library books to a toddler one day and the other half another day. If I have more than one toddler, then someone else takes the other toddler to the library and reads the books that haven't been put back in the shelves yet. If two sims take both toddlers to the library at the same time (not possible in this challenge), then one sim reads all three books of one genre while the other reads all three books of another genre. Then they read the other genre that isn't put away yet. Six books out of the shelves at once is usually enough to manage for one day, but it depends on weekends, holidays, and work days. (In my game I only give them five days, so there might not be a weekend or even a day off. That means taking a little one to the library either before or after work and maybe only reading three books on any given day. Thus, five days is more than enough for me to squeeze in everything UNLESS you are playing @AlphaFFrog's quadruplet challenge. That was when I picked which genre each child would get. It wasn't worth it to me to take the time to read three books on logic to everyone for a gain of only one skill point. And, forget reading the HP books to them that only added to the total numbers of books they had read unless that little one planned to be a writer some day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top