The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

getting ready for eco

2...Next

Comments

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I really liked the video by Iron Seagull (I think) in which he talks about what neighbourhoods he is planning to make industrial and polluted, and which ones he will change to Green. I agree with him that at least one district of San Myshuno, perhaps the Spice District, is just crying out for some pollution. All my Sims have fireplaces, sometimes several per household, so I may end up with more polluted neighborhoods than I want, unless I go through and also add a lot of eco-friendly appliances to help mitigate this.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    ... snip... I've also been thinking about which Neighborhood Action Plans might work well in which neighborhoods. The obvious ones are the arts-related plans in certain neighborhoods in San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley. But I'm still working on that. ... snipp ...

Did anyone put together a full list of the community plan alternatives?

PS: No idea if you have any residential lots on the Windenburg harbor area, but if not - the community space voting won't work. But maybe you are planning just one community space version, as with permanent content?

Ugh, that's a good point, and one I hadn't considered. I suppose I could put a residential space where the pool is; I don't really use it, either, but had left it in since it's the only pool I have in any world.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm going to start a new save at the beginning. Just to learn the ropes. But, I do have a neighborhood of criminals I'm increasing skills on. Have to have some mayhem makers! I don't think I'm going to clean anything up at the docks, ever. LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Acarolina07Acarolina07 Posts: 8 New Member
    I made a male sim named Aaron McOllister because I never do pack gameplay with male sims. He is a geeky sim that has maxed out the programming skill at home and has logic 5 and is now in a distinguished degree in physics so I can kind of work out with the civil designer career I'm guessing, he is also vegetarian and a good sim because I think it would work with the pack
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i'm planning on make a new save
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited May 2020
    Trying to find a bug free herb plant, that doesn't have the infinite spray for bugs loop. I found a poisonous fire leaf that doesn't have the bug. I hope I can use it in the fizz maker because some recipes ask for herbs, I found out when I watch James Turner's wax to riches part 3 video.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I am starting with a fresh Sims folder to test the patch. A brand new Sim is in order created either from scratch or using genetics from some of my existing households. There are quite a few nice gameplay options added in the patch and I am excited to test those first. When I get the pack my test Sim will be updated with new traits and aspirations and it will be time to P L A Y!!
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm gonna start a new save and spruce it up a bit before the update and the expansion comes - also I'm trying to sort out my CC and that's gonna be a pain in the butt, but hopefully it will mean a cleaner mod folder and a better gaming experience.
    Then I'll move over all the important lots and households to the new save, which means also making sure I have the required CC. Ugh that's a lot. But will be worth it. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I always use pre-made sims to test the waters. Johnny Zest will be testing out eco lifestyle for me. He’s been living the tiny life growing food and just recently expanded his micro house to a tiny house to give his cat Shadow the cat tree of his dreams and so he could have a bedroom too. He’s got his retrait potion handy for the new life he’ll be having in evergreen harbor. He’ll be looking for love and a new career now that he’s mastered the entertainment career. ;)
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'm playing generationally so I'm trying to create a sim that would fit in the eco pack, and time it for the release day...it's hard!! I currently have a toddler, and I'm figuring that as the pack comes out on Friday, I think I'll be able to play my toddler through to adulthood, and then have his child be the one for the Eco pack, and hopefully the timing will work out, otherwise it'll have to be his grandchild instead!

At the mo, my toddler is going to be a self-absorbed dog lover (I pick 2 random traits to inherit from parents), so I'm trying to think of a storyline where when he grows up his child will want to leave home and live in squalor :D So I'm thinking maybe my current toddler might be a lawyer, or an actor, or a tough businessman, who is too focussed on his career and doesnt give his children enough time, so his kid wants to run away. Or maybe my sim will be really rich and money oriented, and then have a rebellious hippy child who wants to live in Eco world instead!

For me, it's all about setting up the story and trying to time it properly. When Island Living came out, it took 3 generations before I got to a sim that was suited to moving to Sulani! I'm trying to avoid that this time :#