Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    SiggDiggit wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone said this yet but:

I like the merfolx and aliens as is. I like the fact that their occult status is more of a backround note, it makes those sims more interesting without having to work on them. Whereas with vampires (especially) and spellcasters I feel the need to work on their point tree before I get started on anything else. Don't get me wrong I love vampires and spellcasters, I just like that we have backstage occult options aswell.

you know, I never thought about it, but you're right. I've had a Sim marry an alien lady twice now in my games, and I'm grateful she can just BE an alien and I don't have to make a career out of it for her.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    I have a feeling I am one of few people who doesn't really want rehashes of old features or packs. I want new and different content for the Sims.

The Eco Lifestyle concept shows growth, and also reflects the modern world.

I agree; I completely understand why a lot of fans want the "legacy" packs of University, weather, pets, businesses, night life, etc, because those are big parts if everyday life. But at this point, we have three games with those features. In the next installment I hope they feel a bit more comfortable doing some more unique things like Eco Living.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Not wanting to just recycle old packs is one of the main reasons I'm not keen to move onto Sims 5. That and I don't want to start all over when I have a save that I started a while ago that I enjoy. If they make it more of a "reboot" or transition in which I can bring my sims forward, I'd be more on board. Even though it started in 2014, I still think the game is generally pretty fresh. I get surprised that I still have fun with it.

I wanted all of those things, the pets, the weather, the features of different packs, but now, I want to see new stuff not to start all over.

I'm ok with them incorporating younger players as long as they realize that players are interested in all of the life stages. I think they are getting that more now. I'm not an elder but I do actually play with the ones in my game, especially with the rest of their families.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Not wanting to just recycle old packs is one of the main reasons I'm not keen to move onto Sims 5. That and I don't want to start all over when I have a save that I started a while ago that I enjoy. If they make it more of a "reboot" or transition in which I can bring my sims forward, I'd be more on board. Even though it started in 2014, I still think the game is generally pretty fresh. I get surprised that I still have fun with it.

I wanted all of those things, the pets, the weather, the features of different packs, but now, I want to see new stuff not to start all over.

I'm ok with them incorporating younger players as long as they realize that players are interested in all of the life stages. I think they are getting that more now. I'm not an elder but I do actually play with the ones in my game, especially with the rest of their families.

I believe that at this point, a lot of these "recycled" packs should have been in the base game already. Laundry is a no brainer. That should have been added in TS4 after it was added as a new kind of pack in TS3. University, pets, weather, seasons, business/live jobs, ALL OF THIS should have been in the base game. It makes no sense why this very basic everyday life stuff SHOULDN'T be part of the base game, especially when it's become very, very apparent that this stuff is core to the series. Furthermore, this kind of stuff in the base game allows them to build onto in future packs. Take university for instance. If it was in the base game, the spell caster pack could have added a new magical academy. New breed options of cats and dogs could have been added in packs. New live jobs could have been added with each new pack, etc. There's not really any excuse anymore why such core elements have to be expansion packs, not when it's been over 15 years with players constantly demanding these features in every iteration of the game. New generations of the franchise should be building on what previous generations taught. That's how the game needs to grow and branch out. All of this stuff should be in the base game so that expansion packs can ACTUALLY add brand new content and take the game in new directions.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member

I believe that at this point, a lot of these "recycled" packs should have been in the base game already. Laundry is a no brainer. That should have been added in TS4 after it was added as a new kind of pack in TS3. University, pets, weather, seasons, business/live jobs, ALL OF THIS should have been in the base game. It makes no sense why this very basic everyday life stuff SHOULDN'T be part of the base game, especially when it's become very, very apparent that this stuff is core to the series. Furthermore, this kind of stuff in the base game allows them to build onto in future packs. Take university for instance. If it was in the base game, the spell caster pack could have added a new magical academy. New breed options of cats and dogs could have been added in packs. New live jobs could have been added with each new pack, etc. There's not really any excuse anymore why such core elements have to be expansion packs, not when it's been over 15 years with players constantly demanding these features in every iteration of the game. New generations of the franchise should be building on what previous generations taught. That's how the game needs to grow and branch out. All of this stuff should be in the base game so that expansion packs can ACTUALLY add brand new content and take the game in new directions.

Adding all of these features into the base game would not be simple. Not only would it make the game way more expensive to make to start off with (aka way more expensive to buy) but it would be way more demanding on computers. Not to mention how much longer it would take to get the base game out.

Think about it. You mentioned five packs. With the vanilla game being $40, and even with typical EP prices slashed in half to $20, the BG price would have to be near $140. Probably more. And instead of giving players the ability to decide what's important to them and what they want, every person getting the game would be forced to have universities, pets, and other features they may not want.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t care that teens, young adults, adults, and elders are all the same height and can wear the same clothes. It does not bother me at all.

Like me. Couldn't care less about height.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't really want mental health or physical disabilities in my game, I have my own disabilities (both mental and physical) and use the sims as an escape. But I never get the chance to voice how I feel because it suddenly becomes about how I'm don't want to be inclusive. No, If they did make a pack but had a way to turn it off fine. I don't want my escape to be suddenly not an escape because seeing things that are too close to what I have. *cough cough* ptsd.

I don't want that either.
    Also, I think not all aspects of life should be put in the game.

I agree with this. If they made generic options (for example, making it possible for sims to use wheelchairs and leaving the story of why to the player's imagination), I think it'd be okay. But I don't think they should get specific. I understand the desire for the game to be inclusive, but adding specific disabilities and illnesses would open a huge can of worms. Fans got so angry about the "insane" trait, the team changed the name to "erratic" (how that's less offensive is beyond my understanding; it's just a "softer" way to say crazy). The fandom would eat the Sims team alive if they didn't get every detail of every disability right.
    I don't really care for the bikes that came with University. I rarely use them.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t care that teens, young adults, adults, and elders are all the same height and can wear the same clothes. It does not bother me at all.

I agree with this. I personally can mix and match so many clothing options that we already have that would be appropriate for all of those age groups to wear. I love it.

Although I do want less skinny jeans/short jeans for men.
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    Most of the stuff packs provide pretty good items, except Tiny Living. (I was against stuff packs in the beginning of sims 4). Oh, how times have changed lol.
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    [quote="meljones;c-17502962"]I hate the seasons xp and have hated it in every iteration of the sims. I do not want rain or snow in my game. But since I buy everything they put out I have to suffer through it. It ruins the look of the game. Haaaate it.[/quote]

Serious question, I’m not trying to be inflammatory. Why buy the Seasons EP if you knew you’d hate it?
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I don't want to breed out the weird. I like populating my worlds with weird/ ugly Sims! ✌️
  • eriindelleeriindelle Posts: 5 New Member
    Even though I used to get major anxiety when the suspense music would play, I really miss the drama of having a robber in your house LOL. That, and I lowkey miss having a security system or a landline phone in the house.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I don't really want mental health or physical disabilities in my game, I have my own disabilities (both mental and physical) and use the sims as an escape. But I never get the chance to voice how I feel because it suddenly becomes about how I'm don't want to be inclusive. No, If they did make a pack but had a way to turn it off fine. I don't want my escape to be suddenly not an escape because seeing things that are too close to what I have. *cough cough* ptsd.

I don't want that either.
    Also, I think not all aspects of life should be put in the game.

I agree with this. If they made generic options (for example, making it possible for sims to use wheelchairs and leaving the story of why to the player's imagination), I think it'd be okay. But I don't think they should get specific. I understand the desire for the game to be inclusive, but adding specific disabilities and illnesses would open a huge can of worms. Fans got so angry about the "insane" trait, the team changed the name to "erratic" (how that's less offensive is beyond my understanding; it's just a "softer" way to say crazy). The fandom would eat the Sims team alive if they didn't get every detail of every disability right.

I agree 100%. Wheelchairs and canes would be quite good. However, I think its a too complex issue to get right. Even if they did consult various organisations and groups who represent different disabilities, the spectrum is so large it would be hard to implement in game. People experience the world in different ways, especially in terms of mental health, and it would be hard to implement without pigeon-holing people. You don't want to do that. I think a solution is to improve the personality system (like add more trait slots) to make personalties more complex in this regard. That way people can create their own interpretation of mental health without the game forcing it's own definition on them.
    giphy.gif
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    edited June 2020
    Unpopular opinions? Ooh boy, do I ever have a few of those. Here goes!

I lowkey like playing Supernaturals more then regular Sims. Especially Vampires. I'm in the goth subculture, so I frankly say 'sue me!' on this one. You can't tell a goth girl to NOT bet hyped about vampires in a game, come on!

I hate seeing my Sims die and I could never bring myself to kill/torture them. Each to their own of course, I just like to spoil my Sims absolutely rotten. I turn aging off for them so that they can get to the top of their careers, max skills, try and give them a jump start on skills from toddler on by mastering the skills in that life phase and child, plus I already have them learning the essentials (Cooking, Fitness, Charisma, Comedy, and the main skill for their future career). Not to mention I make their perfect soulmate for them: that sim always shares 2 traits with the Sim I made them for, and they always end up having kids. I even have their ghosts around after they finally die as an elder as a great-great grandparent! I don't do this for sims with traits like Mean or Evil, though: my Sims universe still knows the concept of karma in a 'you reap what you sow' sort of way. They only get to halfway in their career at best, they won't have kids, and they'll be lucky to meet a soulmate. But I still can't bring myself to have the Evil Sim end up in a 'tragic pool fence accident'. Even the bad Sims at least get to live, and even function. Point is: I love my Sims too much, you know it's sad when I got to a point where the immortality basically unneccesary in my regular gameplay.

I would love to see rabbits as pets in the Sims. They're my favorite animals, and the small animal cages in My First Pet Stuff shows that the basic coding is pretty much already there. Might need a few small tweaks, but it's definitely possible with a similar approach to those. Have a hutch with the rabbit in it, and there you go! All you'd need to do is make some 3d models, some rigging, and start animating. I want more then just the Freezer Bunny, dangit. I never pre-order packs, but if a pack with them ever comes out? I would fling my money at EA faster then you can say 'micro-transaction'. My Simself NEEDS a pet bunny, possibly for emotional support purposes.

I sometimes accidentally leave my game unpaused when I'm either posting on the forums or watching Youtube (I usually listen to a video in the background). And I flat-out go full Sim mom and instantly check on them once I notice. I feel so irresponsible for doing that. But somehow, they manage to not burn down the house, starve to death, or cheat on their partners over a flirty mood. And that surprises me every time. So I'm also lowkey proud of my fictional pixel people for being responsible Sims every time I see it, though. Repaying me for all of the good coming their way, I guess? Darn, I guess my Sims universe DOES know karma...

I'm all for more complex personalities on Sims, and I will gladly argue in favor of that until the cows come home. I'm just a bit worried about all of the choice overwhelming neurodivergent players like myself. I know that I feel overwhelmed if there's something that feels like 2000 options on a character creation screen, and I also know that I'm not the only one. Sims team: DO get on with the colour wheel, though. I draw on my spare time, so I'm no stranger to those. And picking out custom colours for my Sims sounds right up my alley.

I started playing the Sims on the Sims 4. I really can't join in on the discussion about which Sims game is better, because I never played them. Glad to see how consistently noob-friendly this community is, though.

Phew, glad to have that over with. Was nice airing this all out for a change, though. I don't exactly make a secret out of that Supernaturals thing, but the rest I don't really talk about much.
  • Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    I'm still waiting for the ability to create bands like we had in Sims 3.
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    edited June 2020
    • I really dislike small worlds, they feel too restrictive.
    • I don't see how the Sims 5 would be much different than the Sims 4, despite people asking for it all the time.
    • The Sims 4 is my favourite iteration from the franchise.
    • I really don't want a whole expansion dedicated to farming. I think it's boring.
    • I want more unrealistic gameplay.

AGREE!

Kimmer wrote: »
    Every time I see the words that something "should have been" in this and this pack it makes me facepalm so hard.
    Sims 4 is not Sims 3 or 2, it's a different game. Everything is not supposed to be the same. :unamused:

SAY IT LOUDER

edited June 2020
    i have about four unpopular opinions.

1. to be quite honest, the game would've been better without toddlers.

2. the sims 4 doesn't deserve so much hate and it gets really annoying when people constantly compare to the past games.

3. the walk styles are very pointless, at least to me.

4. i don't care about cars.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    My unpopular opinion:

Sims 4 gets so much backlash because it worries too much about the last iterations instead of focusing on innovations and being its own thing.

The bests bits about Sims 4 are those new the franchise.

And plant-sims are gross.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't like it when others say The Sims 4 is missing stuff. The Sims is it's own game and should stand independently.

Logically, The Sims 4 is not finished so it can't be missing anything. When they say they are not updating the game anymore and it's complete then it would be a valid statement.

Just because we got something in past versions does mean we need it this go around. I dislike the statement "I am not playing until we get cars or whatever someone wants like preteens or farming. Asking things is fine but demanding is beyond me. Asking makes them aware in a positive way. Throwing tantrums and making idle threats is beyond me. Being mean and disrespectful to others because someone did not get what they want is what a toddler does.

I knew I was in for a long ride when the no pools no ghosts uprising occurred. I am from a generation that was given supper and if you did not eat it you went hungry. That applies here. Even though I did my chores and worked for my supper I had to eat it even though it was not a favorite. Complaining did no good. It would not chang what was on my plate. I was conditioned, meaning I already knew my mother would eventually make what I liked. I just had to wait.

Nagging someone constantly can put that person in a non-listening state but the person being nagged still has to comply with rules and get stuff done. I call it the back burner effect. If you cook with little kids around you understand the statement without the following explanation. The little kid wants food and will reach for the hot pan. The food is not finished cooking yet so it's moved to the back burner to protect the child while other tasks are completed. Nagging will not make the food cook faster and mom is not listing anymore because she's folding laundry or doing something else productive.

The Sims 4 is not finished.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I really don't want the next Sims version. I'm happy with Sims 4. I love the hidden treasures that's in the expansion, game & stuff packs & I began having a better appreciation for it, in 2018 than back in 2014. Also, I'm happy that it's not finished yet.
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    I prefer The Sims 4 to The Sims 3

Saying that, I also don't like it when people constantly compare it to old games and give it so much hate without offering constructive criticism.

I don't mind not having an open world, cars or a colour wheel
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top