Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO Voting and rotational play?

I have not seen any onfo on how the voting will work if playing the game on rotation. It looked like the voting result is in on a specific day (weekends), but if I play several worlds/hoods, and stop by hood A only every Wednesday, will most community matters be changing every time I stop by to play a house there? If so - very confusing. I know I can turn off the feature, but the voting and community activity plan/lot is the main reason I will get the pack. So, it would be good to know before purchasing it, whether I must turn off the chore feature or not...

Bills are normally delivered weekly on Mondays, but when playing on rotation they are delivered after 7x24 acvtively played hours. So, if stopping by a lot only on Wednesdays, bills will normally be delivered after 7 weeks (=7 active days). I really hope the voting etc will be calculated this way, meaning the result must be flexible regardless of weekday.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I haven't seen anything about rotational play in relation to this pack. I dabble in rotational play from time to time but that's not my main playstyle so I haven't even thought about how that would work. If you have Twitter, you could ask one of the gurus.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm also worried about it. I have been playing in rotation with my legacy members only. I try to have few heirs in each generation cause i don't like to rotate with more than 3 households, but i wish it doesn't happen automatically every weekend or it'll ruin my fun in rotational play.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

I play rotational so I might opt out of this system in order to keep more control over the save.

This is one thing I am very interested in seeing how it works ingame.
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Wait, are you sure that billing only show after 7x24 hours? In my rotational game, it always show at Monday

However, i wonder about when you try to influence your neighbors to vote something then you play another household before the voting day come. What will happen to your previous influence?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    Wait, are you sure that billing only show after 7x24 hours? In my rotational game, it always show at Monday

Yes, 110% sure. I get bills delivered on other days than Mondays. Perhaps the new bills breakdown info will also tell us how long until next bills are delivered.

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Maxis rarely supports rotational play. Just look at Discover University. Play a different household for like a day, and your university students are getting Fs and/or are on probation and/or suspended.

I have very little faith this pack will support rotational play for NAPs.
    What will probably happen, is all the NAPs you spend hours getting enough votes for, will be undone and replaced with random stuff like We Wear Bags and Free Love because you weren't there.
    wJbomAo.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    MrSunshine wrote: »

However, i wonder about when you try to influence your neighbors to vote something then you play another household before the voting day come. What will happen to your previous influence?

I play rotationally and bills arrive only on Mondays as far as I've noticed. I've never thought of how the NAPs will work with rotational play. I think you can turn off NPC voting though.

There will be a way around it somehow.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    edited May 2020
    Though in general rotational play doesn't work well an odd thing happened in one of my games. My uni student did 2 terms at Britechester and then moved back home. But when he started term three I checked in manage worlds and it seems a couple of my students (one in a dorm and the other a Pleasant) actually graduated even though I had never played them. The dorm girl I moved to Sulani and gave her a job and will do something with Lillith P. as well. In general uni does not work well with rotational play and I will keep an eye on the NAP play and the bills.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    I only play rotationally in all these games, I have never seen bills arrive on any other day than the designated day in any of them. OP, do you have mods installed because I only play rotationally and played this game for more than three years and bills never arrived on any other day no matter which household.

I would assume but maybe I'm wrong the game will decide what happens to the vote, probably just like the game decides what happens with situational outfits (my own Sims showed up in weird clothing they never even owned if I rotated away from them) and the game named the babies if I didn't get back to a household fast enough to do that. I assume this because of the history of my experience with the game removing my choices or picking my choices for me...I don't expect it to be any different with this pack or respecting my choices.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think they said the voting was on the weekend, so I think since I rotate on Monday mornings I'll be ok. But if your rotations are less than a full week I could see that causing problems.
    Daephene wrote: »
    I think they said the voting was on the weekend, so I think since I rotate on Monday mornings I'll be ok. But if your rotations are less than a full week I could see that causing problems.

I normally play just 1 simday per house. But thinking of it, if I create good community space lots no matter what wins the vote, it's no such big deal. I can even make sure to include a little bit of each feature in all 3 versions. I mean, if it's a Makers Space there could still be a tiny community garden and a corner reserved a couple sales tables. So, even if the focus changes a bit and the masses go there for one specific reason, my sim will be able to go there to recycle or sell stuff no matter what. I hope.

@Cinebar I wish I had a screenshot to prove it. I'm sure I had bills delivered on a different day than Monday. Thursday or Friday, I think. And - if I enter a lot on a Tuesday, there are no bills from the day before. I use no mods for bills, but maybe this happened at a time when it was possible technically, and the matter was patched later. If I had a bit more simming time I'd run an experiment, I fancy such tests :)

Maybe games act a bit differently depending on packs and patches and such? In your game, if you rotate between two families, playing fam A only on Mondays, and fam B Tuesday-Sunday. Will fam A get bills every single day you play them, while fam B will never ever get bills? This would be a bit unfair, I think, as fam A would have only one day (per bill delivery) to raise funds, while fam B would spend 6 days a week raising funds and not paying bills... my sims don't get paid from their job unless I play them actively.
    Daephene wrote: »

I normally play just 1 simday per house. But thinking of it, if I create good community space lots no matter what wins the vote, it's no such big deal. I can even make sure to include a little bit of each feature in all 3 versions. I mean, if it's a Makers Space there could still be a tiny community garden and a corner reserved a couple sales tables. So, even if the focus changes a bit and the masses go there for one specific reason, my sim will be able to go there to recycle or sell stuff no matter what. I hope.

@Cinebar I wish I had a screenshot to prove it. I'm sure I had bills delivered on a different day than Monday. Thursday or Friday, I think. And - if I enter a lot on a Tuesday, there are no bills from the day before. I use no mods for bills, but maybe this happened at a time when it was possible technically, and the matter was patched later. If I had a bit more simming time I'd run an experiment, I fancy such tests :)

Maybe games act a bit differently depending on packs and patches and such? In your game, if you rotate between two families, playing fam A only on Mondays, and fam B Tuesday-Sunday. Will fam A get bills every single day you play them, while fam B will never ever get bills? This would be a bit unfair, I think, as fam A would have only one day (per bill delivery) to raise funds, while fam B would spend 6 days a week raising funds and not paying bills... my sims don't get paid from their job unless I play them actively.

Of course there are no bills left over from Monday if I enter a house on Tuesday. The game doesn't have that sort of SP. It's a time continium but lots are closed. Nothing is happening on the lot until you load it. So, technically, Monday never arrived on that lot to deliver mail. If you show up on Tuesday then of course you have to play until Monday to get a new bill.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Never keep track of bill delivery dates but my rotational play has expanded from 2-3 days to about a week per family since university though at times it's only 2-3 days depending on who does what. When I play a week I usually will get a bill during that week so will try to note the days.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I play rotationally and in the end I started to play 7 days each house 'cause otherwise bills were a mess. I get them on Monday only from my experience. As for policies I'm more worried not about community spaces but rather about policies influencing neighborhoods. I have very specific policies in mind for some of my hoods and I do not want to see them changing randomly. Turning this system of is not an option for me as well. As it's one of the main features I'm interested in.

Also a question for OP if you don't mind. I know you have politic system with elections and so on. I'm super furious what are your plans on integration of influence points and N.A.P.S into it?
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I play rotationally and in the end I started to play 7 days each house 'cause otherwise bills were a mess. I get them on Monday only from my experience. As for policies I'm more worried not about community spaces but rather about policies influencing neighborhoods. I have very specific policies in mind for some of my hoods and I do not want to see them changing randomly. Turning this system of is not an option for me as well. As it's one of the main features I'm interested in.

Also a question for OP if you don't mind. I know you have politic system with elections and so on. I'm super furious what are your plans on integration of influence points and N.A.P.S into it?

It would be cool if we could lock policies on hood level, but it seems like it will be for the entire game or not at all.

Re my politics and elections etc, it's all based on 3 political parties, so whenever a hood chooses something I did not plan, I'll just see it as a trend rooted by one of those parties, or by some interest group. I mean, not everything around us is initiated or pushed through by politicians, so I'm very open to less defined influences. It might add some new focus to my Politicians, though, something I might welcome or ignore - depends on what I'm busy with at the time I guess, especially because there is a chance these things will change rather frequently?

Now I wonder if removing a voting board from a hood will keep it like is, or if that would reset/remove the feature completely... hm...
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Now I wonder if removing a voting board from a hood will keep it like is, or if that would reset/remove the feature completely... hm...

I do not think it'll remove the feature since policy voting can be done via mailbox as well. Basically besides new world boards won't spawn in any hoods. And as far as I understand from tweets and videos you do not even need to place them on community lots to have voting feature enabled in older ones. So far I think/hope disable npc-voting should help with rotations.

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I just played my apartment household on a Tuesday, wasn't there on Monday and I just got bills. I remembered this thread as soon as I did and thought I'd show so we know bills don't JUST come on Mondays.

Bills-on-Tuesday.png

Duvelina wrote: »
    I just played my apartment household on a Tuesday, wasn't there on Monday and I just got bills. I remembered this thread as soon as I did and thought I'd show so we know bills don't JUST come on Mondays.

Bills-on-Tuesday.png

Thank you! Now I feel a bit less insane :) I found my old notes and my off-the-routine bills were not delivered on a Thursday or Friday as I suggested, but actually on a Saturday. Poor mail delivery person not taking the weekends off thanks to me... ;)
    Hey! 5 minutes after seeing your screenshot, bills were delivered on one of my lots on a Wednesday! And this time I got proof, too :)

20200529.jpg
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    You can opt out of npc voting in the settings, so that means that you only vote when you play a household, so that should work fine with rotational play.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Aine wrote: »
    You can opt out of npc voting in the settings, so that means that you only vote when you play a household, so that should work fine with rotational play.

That's good to know. I guess that settles it.