Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    MistyLake wrote: »
    One other thing..at the very beginning (0:03) you can hear car alarms? Hmmmm... ;)

Yeah....it's almost like there were prop cars parked in the sidewalk while that happened too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DarthAsianKarenDarthAsianKaren Posts: 30 Member
    I'm okay with them coming out with this pack, I would still buy it, but it's not what I was hoping for. I really hope they come out with a better expansion pack soon after. I think it would be cool if they came out with a music career pack, like a game pack, not an expansion. I feel like the sims 4 needs more instruments, like some brass instruments and some woodwinds, and more string instruments like the cello, bass, and viola. I also think it should come with a drum set, that would be really cool. Even thou singing in this game is pretty expansive, it would be nice if they would expand that more, maybe have a popstar career. It'd be cool if they could build that pack off of the get famous expansion.

I also think it would be cool if they came out with a car stuff pack, It'd be cool to have some nice looking cars in this game, and most especially some nice garages for building.

I also was really hoping, like everyone else, for that farming expansion as well, having horses and chickens sounds amazing. So hopefully they do come out with an expansion pack like that soon.
  • DarthAsianKarenDarthAsianKaren Posts: 30 Member
    > @Onverser
    Yes! I've been having issues with my get famous expansion pack! I hope they fix this in the next update!
  • Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    One other thing..at the very beginning (0:03) you can hear car alarms? Hmmmm... ;)

Yeah....it's almost like there were prop cars parked in the sidewalk while that happened too.

Yeah, all the prop cars are the same in the unlock menu. There are still no functional cars.
  • CardioJCardioJ Posts: 6 New Member
    I have no plans to buy this pack, especially with Get Famous being broken since 7 April with no resolution.
  • LectersLecters Posts: 19 Member
    Welp. I mean, I was looking forward to it, but now I'm not sure.
    Check out my gallery! https://vipercide.com/gallery

xTO39gj.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am thrilled. Playing rags to riches families is one of my favorite ways to play with the Sims 4, so I am happy this pack will be something that doesn't cater towards the billionaire lifestyle. It is like finally a pack for the underdog where everything isn't perfect looking and it is outdoors and doing crafts. I can relate a lot to this pack and the farming aspects of it too are lovely.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Duskregn wrote: »
    Literally seen one person on these here cursed forums negging on climate change awareness/improvement IRL, i don't see why so many people think those of us who don't want magic pollution vacuums in the sims hate the environment in real life. That's a bizarre leap of logic my dudes, many of us hate MFPS but that doesn't mean we hate hamsters IRL either
    I think it has to do with the response of the pack "preaching to them". Every EA Play event Simmers are always getting sick with one virus or another. Thing is only focusing on the cleaning aspect of the pack instead of the pack rat aspect of the pack too with dumpster diving and death by flies and smog doesn't make sense to me. Sims wanting to have a clean environment isn't a new thing to the Sims 4 with negative moodlets or even the Sims franchise. So I don't understand the response to this or the Nifty Knitting one. It was only last year packs were said to be catering to supernatural players. This year it is for life simulation packs. It is like what kind of change do Simmers really want? The whole side and camps nonsense is just a poor excuse to censor the Sims games keeping content away from the game and distracting the Gurus from what really needs to be done with the game. It is like time is precious, don't waste it. I am caught in the middle since I grew up with the Sims being made both for realistic and supernatural players and I miss the days where every EP had a new life state. Also I agree about the premades with the trailer but funny thing is they looked more fantasy than realistic to me, so guess they put in somewhere in the pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ArrogantD31ArrogantD31 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, i know it might out of topic, im a newbie in this forum. so i dont know how to open a discussion.

i want to know can i play sims 4 (offline) in my mac book air?

its MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2011)
    OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6
    Intel Core i5
    Processor speed 1.6 GHz
    Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    121 GB flash storage?

Does anyone can help me about this?
    Thank you!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hi, i know it might out of topic, im a newbie in this forum. so i dont know how to open a discussion.

Intel Core i5
    Processor speed 1.6 GHz
    121 GB flash storage?

Thank you!

You will be able to play the Legacy Edition (and packs up to Realm of Magic). There's more info here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694
  • ScottFiperScottFiper Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm honestly just so excited for a communal garden, like I want to share my plants from Seasons with the world!
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    My bff just made a cool suggestion on what would make this pack interesting...first off, he said that this one, laundry day, and tiny house whatever it's called should have been all in one pack. BUT his great idea is that you can keep the town seedy and whatnot and have things like burglars come into play. Yeah that would have been great. And I offered to clean the robberies up you have to have Get to Work so you can be a cop and chase bad guys lol

Great Idea!
  • sirsir Posts: 19 Member
    Meh. May I suggest you give the sims face mask for when its filthy dump.
  • LysiannasSimLifeLysiannasSimLife Posts: 21 Member
    I really liked the trailer although it was very short. The topic has a lot of potentials and I am curious to see what the Sims creators did with it.
    Gallery ID: LysiannasSimLife
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes! and not one car driving by through the whole trailer but yet there is a bus stop in the render.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Same thing as island living.. pretty much. Could make the agenda pushing a little less obvious btw. #PlaytoChange ? Change what, ourselves? I find that kind of messaging to be just too invasive for a video game. I’m not playing a game to be reminded to be a better person and care about the environment. Just my .02

Exactly how I feel. I want to play the Sims to escape from the real world and all it's problems not just rehash them here.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There is one thing I saw from the blog post.
    For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors.

Dew collectors may be new, but wind turbines and solar panels are in The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff pack. I constantly remember receiving money instead of bills in The Sims 2 because I placed a lot of solar panels and wind turbines.
    The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff still exists (even in the Ultimate Collection), thus it isn't the first time.
    If this blog post statement isn't a lie, please explain.

I think they mean in The Sims 4 they are being introduced for the first time. I remember putting up solar panels too but for people wanting them in this version, having them in past versions doesn't really help.
    Lol I don't remember seeing people asking for this, although.... ok? 😝

I and others did!!!!!
    why do yall consistently ignore ur fanbase and are now giving us a rehash of gameplay we had in the last 3 packs like get it together ur base begs for farming or a couple more animals and u make a island living/tiny living mashup

I can think of a long list of things that would be better than Eco Living

- Crime and Policing
    - Farm Living
    - Run the Government (win elections, create laws for Sims in your world, set the budget for public services, manage crises, track your approval rate)
    - Heroes vs Villains (superheroes vs supervillains, civilian hero careers and civilian villain careers)
    - Pandemic (Don't look at me like that, this game is supposed to mirror real life!)
    - Get Married! (Flesh out relationships, more detailed attraction system, active weddings where your decisions decide if it goes well or not, active honeymoon locations, wedding gifts... WooHoo under the altar?!)
    - Natural Disasters
    - Supernatural

The unfortunate thing is that we all can put together a list of things we want to see. The trouble is that my list would be very different than other peoples. For one thing, I would put very little emphasis on toddlers/children/babies and more emphasis on elders. But others would make those beginning life stages priority one. From your list, I like the idea of farm living and natural disasters. But the other things on the list I would say "Meh" to having them in world. I am not saying your ideas are bad (they're actually great) and people will agree with you on some of the points (such as supernatural) i am only speaking from my own perspective on what I would like to see. It makes it very difficult for the devs because they can't please everyone.
    4xel wrote: »
    Well, base TS3 has farming and fishing and Ambition has the more superficial eco-friendly trait. In lack of a proper economy, that's as good of an eco-lifestyle you'll get in the Sims.

TS4 EP has what? solar panels, magic recycling machine and portable air vent cleansing a town in second ? Sorry, I know the sims is supposed to a be a very bad drama soap opera, but that's too much green washing for me.

I guess bearing the negative efffects without caring to clear them might be somewhat interesting, but I don't know whether it's worth a full extension.

Ladders and dumpster diving? Base TS3 as well.

I don't recall the base game for Sims 3 having farming. It had gardening but the farming items came later in the Grandpa's Grove content pack you could buy from The Sims 3 store.
    dogscats45 wrote: »
    So no overhaul on babies, kids, or teens? Why this is annoying good guy why? Very annoyed anyone else?

That babies, kids or teens were "overlooked"? I don't think they were. Some have posted images of the furniture and one item looks like a playhouse. We also don't know what interactions toddlers, children and teenagers have with the new items to say for sure. But even if they were not included in anything, it honestly wouldn't bother me as I find those life stages not as interesting as the other ones and have very few of them. Maybe it's because I don't like kids in real life that I don't enjoy them here. I know lots do though but you asked if anyone else was annoyed and I can honestly say I am not lol
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Lol I don't remember seeing people asking for this, although.... ok? 😝

I and others did!!!!!
    why do yall consistently ignore ur fanbase and are now giving us a rehash of gameplay we had in the last 3 packs like get it together ur base begs for farming or a couple more animals and u make a island living/tiny living mashup

I can think of a long list of things that would be better than Eco Living

- Crime and Policing
    - Farm Living
    - Run the Government (win elections, create laws for Sims in your world, set the budget for public services, manage crises, track your approval rate)
    - Heroes vs Villains (superheroes vs supervillains, civilian hero careers and civilian villain careers)
    - Pandemic (Don't look at me like that, this game is supposed to mirror real life!)
    - Get Married! (Flesh out relationships, more detailed attraction system, active weddings where your decisions decide if it goes well or not, active honeymoon locations, wedding gifts... WooHoo under the altar?!)
    - Natural Disasters
    - Supernatural

The unfortunate thing is that we all can put together a list of things we want to see. The trouble is that my list would be very different than other peoples. For one thing, I would put very little emphasis on toddlers/children/babies and more emphasis on elders. But others would make those beginning life stages priority one. From your list, I like the idea of farm living and natural disasters. But the other things on the list I would say "Meh" to having them in world. I am not saying your ideas are bad (they're actually great) and people will agree with you on some of the points (such as supernatural) i am only speaking from my own perspective on what I would like to see. It makes it very difficult for the devs because they can't please everyone.

This is very true. I do think that some of the different things we want could be features in a pack rather than the central theme, like more fleshed-out romance or natural disasters (which I would love, by the way, omg). I kind of feel this way about Eco Living, like it would have been a really cool feature in something more... rich?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    4xel wrote: »
    Well, base TS3 has farming and fishing and Ambition has the more superficial eco-friendly trait. In lack of a proper economy, that's as good of an eco-lifestyle you'll get in the Sims.

TS4 EP has what? solar panels, magic recycling machine and portable air vent cleansing a town in second ? Sorry, I know the sims is supposed to a be a very bad drama soap opera, but that's too much green washing for me.

I guess bearing the negative efffects without caring to clear them might be somewhat interesting, but I don't know whether it's worth a full extension.

Ladders and dumpster diving? Base TS3 as well.

I don't recall the base game for Sims 3 having farming. It had gardening but the farming items came later in the Grandpa's Grove content pack you could buy from The Sims 3 store.

Agreed. and a few other sets too ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member

Intel Core i5
    Processor speed 1.6 GHz
    121 GB flash storage?

Thank you!

@ArrogantD31 I'm pretty sure you can't create your own discussion as a New Member. The requirements to become a Member are listed here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    they/he
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There is one thing I saw from the blog post.
    For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors.

Dew collectors may be new, but wind turbines and solar panels are in The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff pack. I constantly remember receiving money instead of bills in The Sims 2 because I placed a lot of solar panels and wind turbines.
    The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff still exists (even in the Ultimate Collection), thus it isn't the first time.
    If this blog post statement isn't a lie, please explain.

I think they mean in The Sims 4 they are being introduced for the first time. I remember putting up solar panels too but for people wanting them in this version, having them in past versions doesn't really help.

This

It's fun to go back and play the old games sometimes, but not everyone wants to fiddle with a million settings on a game from when PCs were still considered good running 2 gigs of ram lol

Sims 4 should have all of the stuff that was in the previous games. That's the whole reason the initial release of Sims 4 was disappointing, is because you come from Sims 3, to nothing.
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Do we know yet what happens if a community space lot is placed where there are no other residential lots? I've been thinking I might want to change Municipal Muses or Movers & Shakers into a community space, but I'm concerned there won't be any sims to vote on the space. I've looked around and I haven't found any info. Would I need to use a cheat for making the lot change?