Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Corrupt cc from Ifcasims? (Delphy's Dashboard) <SOLVED>

ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
Hello, I just recently downloaded about a dozen hairstyles from Ifcasims, a creator I have downloaded from before without any problems. I was scanning my cc with Delphy's dashboard when I noticed that it marked all this new cc from Ifcasims as corrups. I tried fixing them, but DD said they were unfixable. Why do you think this happened? When Delphy's Dashboard marks something as corrupt, does it always mean this piece of cc will cause problems? Or can there be other reasons? Because they were showing up in the game without any visible problems.
Post edited by Zei on

Comments

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    I have some retextures by Ifcasims and Dashboard show no problems. Can you give a link to a hair that Dashboard shows as corrupt? I'm not an expert, but maybe I or someone else can help if we can look at the file.

I have had corrupt files that had fixable problems, like clothes for adult sims being marked for kids as well by mistake.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Maybe it's flagged for the wrong age or gender? I've noticed over half of CC that the dashboard catches as "corrupt" is stuff flagged for teen-elder when it technically shouldn't be, though hairs aren't that age specific. FWIW I've never had an issue with Ifca's content. If it's just one piece, I'd just send her a message on her Tumblr about it. Either you caught a real problem or you dared to be a little overconcerned on the internet.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Hello @Cororon and @InfraGreen, sorry for the late reply. Here are all the files that Delphy's Dashboard is showing as corrupt:

49927575826_2d05b68218_o.jpgDelphy's Dashboard ss
    Why is there a dot in the beginning of the file names? Remove those and run Dashboard again.

My IfcaSims files:

n6dvn3n.png
    cUrfGkA.gif
    I think it's a simple problem since the hairs show up in your game. DBPF means "Database Packed File" which means the compressed file types the game uses. If they show up in the game then it must recognise the files as DBPF's, but Dashboard doesn't. Not sure why. I renamed one of my files with "._" in the beginning and Dashboard didn't flag it as corrupt, so I'm not sure if that will help you. But it's worth a try.
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Check the changelog.txt file that came with Dashboard and scroll down to see if you have v1.0.3668.33966

Dashboard hasn't been updated in years, but it's good to know if you have the latest one.
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Cororon wrote: »
    Check the changelog.txt file that came with Dashboard and scroll down to see if you have v1.0.3668.33966

Dashboard hasn't been updated in years, but it's good to know if you have the latest one.

Yes, the one I have on the bottom is this: v1.0.3668.33966

I feel like there might be a problem with the cc itself, maybe they got messed up while converting from s3p to package files, not sure. Whenever I try to play with them in my mods folder, CAS runs much slower. There must be a correlation I think. I'll try to redownload or maybe look for some retextures from other creators.
    Weird. The files I have downloaded from IfcaSims were package files already, so I didn't have to convert them.

What do you use to convert sims3pack files? I use Delphy's Multi-Extracter. http://modthesims.info/d/364038/delphy-s-sims-3-pack-multi-extracter-updated-5th-sept-2009.html

It's a unqualified guess, but maybe you somehow converted DBPF (Database Packed Files) packages into non-DBPF ones, so some code got lost for the game and Dashboard to read. *scratches chin*

Did you download the hairs from IfcaSims directly, one by one, or some sims3packs with several hairs in each sims3pack? The single hair files should be packages already, and that's how I downloaded mine. https://ifcasims.tumblr.com/
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Hey @Cororon, to be honest I didn't remember if what I downloaded originally were package files or S3pack files, that was just a wild guess to think the fault could lie with converting. Then yesterday I went back to the site to re-download all of my corrupt cc, and you're right, they were package files originally so no converting was involved.

Good news is that once I replaced the files with the new ones, Delphy's Dashboard doesn't mark them as corrupt anymore, and my game runs as smooth as before! (also all of them show up in my game)

I'm thinking maybe it was caused by a bad/incomplete download or something? Anyway I'm happy that it worked out, and thanks for all the help and suggestions!
    That's great! :smiley: It was weird, though, that all of them were corrupt.
    cUrfGkA.gif