Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    How hard is it to come up with making preserves again? Or even nectar making? I guess fizzy sodas are the go to nowadays. :/ This was a perfect opportunity to have us can or jar harvestables for later consumption or sell them on the market. I use a mod from Icemunmun but I’m guessing the team at EA is too lazy to implement it since they were too focused on Sims having Woohoo in a dumpster.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    How hard is it to come up with making preserves again? Or even nectar making? I guess fizzy sodas are the go to nowadays. :/ This was a perfect opportunity to have us can or jar harvestables for later consumption or sell them on the market. I use a mod from Icemunmun but I’m guessing the team at EA is too lazy to implement it since they were too focused on Sims having Woohoo in a dumpster.

Now I will forever wonder what was in the jars shown in the official pack render.
    crocobaura wrote: »

Now I will forever wonder what was in the jars shown in the official pack render.

Methinks those are for the fizzy sodas? I guess they'll be in jars and bottles

TTOVikb.png

Who puts soda in a jar?
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Evergreen.png
    Just noticedno empty lots on this map. Also, don't see the icons for the apartments. Sad, will have to demolish a lot to build in this world, since there are only 13 lots, 15 when you include the apartments (each apt = 2 lots).

The map I only counted 11.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Evergreen.png
    Just noticedno empty lots on this map. Also, don't see the icons for the apartments. Sad, will have to demolish a lot to build in this world, since there are only 13 lots, 15 when you include the apartments (each apt = 2 lots).

The map I only counted 11.

It’s 11 physical lots, and the two apartment lots with two apartments each. (12+13) (14+15).
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I just watched the live stream and I think that the pack looks really great. I can't wait to play it. It looks like it might be in the running for best pack.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I also thinks this pack looks very promising!
  • rubytinkerrubytinker Posts: 48 Member
    I'm really excited to try this pack. It looks pretty creative.

Who puts soda in a jar?

Ask them lol. I researched endlessly and couldn't find any news on canning or preserves that wasn't a mod. :(
    TTOVikb.png

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Absolutely no one:

EA in 2020:

mother-her-daughter-throwing-paper-recycling-bin-mother-her-daughter-throwing-paper-recycling-bin-ou.jpg

Yo kid this is where you were conceived. You're welcome.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Absolutely no one:

EA in 2020:

mother-her-daughter-throwing-paper-recycling-bin-mother-her-daughter-throwing-paper-recycling-bin-ou.jpg

Yo kid this is where you were conceived. You're welcome.

"I always knew deep down that I was garbage, Mom. Thanks for affirming who I am as a person!"
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Who puts soda in a jar?
    Some fizzy drinks were in jars a "while" ago. That was when prohibition happened.
    Good ol' "Mountain Dew"

Who puts soda in a jar?

You can actually still get Pepsi in a glass bottle. Gives it a different taste than being in a can or plastic.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020

Who puts soda in a jar?

Kombucha:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Who puts soda in a jar?

Kombucha:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

Kombucha isn’t soda tho.

You can actually still get Pepsi in a glass bottle. Gives it a different taste than being in a can or plastic.

I know, but that's exactly why I find this strange. You put liquids you're going to drink in a bottle. A jar is usually reserved for things you cannot pour out, like jam or pickles. The wider opening allows you to use a spoon or fork.

You don't drink it out of a jar. Besides that is a big jar used for brewing, you can't actually drink from it due to it's size.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

I know, but that's exactly why I find this strange. You put liquids you're going to drink in a bottle. A jar is usually reserved for things you cannot pour out, like jam or pickles. The wider opening allows you to use a spoon or fork.

You don't drink it out of a jar. Besides that is a big jar used for brewing, you can't actually drink from it due to it's size.

There was a period not too long ago when mason jars used as cups was a trend. My stepmother even got my daughter a mug fashioned from one for her birthday - it even came with a lid.

It could be a reference to that.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

There was a period not too long ago when mason jars used as cups was a trend. My stepmother even got my daughter a mug fashioned from one for her birthday - it even came with a lid.

It could be a reference to that.

Exactly what I was thinking. I rarely drink soda but I love beverages in a mason jar.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Do you think that some of those "juices in the jar" could be moonshine? Lol
  • k_gennak_genna Posts: 160 Member
    Please, Miss Community Manager, can you tell the Marketing department to stop with the English voice overs? English is not the language of sims. The youth slang needs to go too.

———————
    AdVCpzb.jpg

I wonder what the invention here is. Can the plants grow in all seasons even if they usually are only in season in e.g. Spring?

Since no one has mentioned it, its auto watering. They mention it in the live stream I think...or hover over the eco upgrades. One of those.

Also, the bugs aren't just for eating. They give you biofuel and such. That's even in the pack description.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Do you think that some of those "juices in the jar" could be moonshine? Lol

Apparently one of them might be "fizzy honey juice," which suggests that Sims can make fermented honey or mead, I guess, if you have seasons.
  • MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2020
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Which activity will your Sims try first?
    The new planters! Which almost sounds silly with all that's in the pack, lol, but I adore the vertical planters for tiny spaces. And that is just to start, I am so excited about this whole EP! It looks soooo good, and is everything my eco minded sims (ie. my sim self) have been wanting! - Everything!

giphy.gif

The world looks so good! And I'm really interested in how things are going to look and affect the other worlds and how aspects of this pack are going to work with other packs (I love that we're able to turn off/pause the eco state where we want to keep it... We need one of those nifty buttons for vampires). I'm also SO STOKED for new/different apartments! I've been hoping new packs would bring us more, and these are so different from those in City Living!

I almost feel like the Off-the-Grid lot trait was a very early tease of things that were being worked on, because THIS pack makes that lot trait EVERYthing it can be! Solar and wind power, dew collectors! Dumpster diving for furniture and food... This pack is going to totally change Rags to Riches, in a really good/fun way.

There's only one negative about this pack imho, and that's the bug house. - You don't make cute cuddly creatures (literally, sims hold and hug them?) and make them food and a power source. That feels so wrong. When I seen them I got excited thinking they were a new cute friend that maybe turned household trash into compost for gardens... nope, food. Makes me kind of sad tbh, lol.

But still, That New World!! ALL of the new goodies (BB and CAS look so good too)!! 😍

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
  • MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    How hard is it to come up with making preserves again?

My theory, IF they're working on some sort of farm pack (which would make sense given how much the community has asked for it), preserves and other canned foods would be perfect in such a pack and would make sense as one of the activity/money making items. 🤞🤞
    Who puts soda in a jar?

From what I've gathered from a couple of GC overviews on youtube kombucha is at least one of the drinks that come in the jars we've seen, I'm sure it's not the only though.

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
    MsShaSha wrote: »
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Which activity will your Sims try first?
    The new planters! Which almost sounds silly with all that's in the pack, lol, but I adore the vertical planters for tiny spaces. And that is just to start, I am so excited about this whole EP! It looks soooo good, and is everything my eco minded sims (ie. my sim self) have been wanting! - Everything!

giphy.gif

The world looks so good! And I'm really interested in how things are going to look and affect the other worlds and how aspects of this pack are going to work with other packs (I love that we're able to turn off/pause the eco state where we want to keep it... We need one of those nifty buttons for vampires). I'm also SO STOKED for new/different apartments! I've been hoping new packs would bring us more, and these are so different from those in City Living!

I almost feel like the Off-the-Grid lot trait was a very early tease of things that were being worked on, because THIS pack makes that lot trait EVERYthing it can be! Solar and wind power, dew collectors! Dumpster diving for furniture and food... This pack is going to totally change Rags to Riches, in a really good/fun way.

There's only one negative about this pack imho, and that's the bug house. - You don't make cute cuddly creatures (literally, sims hold and hug them?) and make them food and a power source. That feels so wrong. When I seen them I got excited thinking they were a new cute friend that maybe turned household trash into compost for gardens... nope, food. Makes me kind of sad tbh, lol.

But still, That New World!! ALL of the new goodies (BB and CAS look so good too)!! 😍
    I mean that’s what a farming pack would do wouldn’t it?