Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighters 🔥🔥

Comments

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I looked away from the live stream and I saw everyone spamming fire fighters too I was like wait what I miss something were getting fire fighters what and then I couldn't stop looking at the stream thinking I'll miss something again but nope at the end I too saw the floors lit up the fire alarm go off and I was like no way then in popped the firemen I was like omg omg omg how I missed I wanted to cry like I think I even thanked them in chat lol.

Don't. Don't thank them for something that is a core gameplay feature. A core gameplay feature that's been missing for 6 years.

It's nice to have, but this is something they should've included on day one, or at least in the first year, after they brought back pools and ghosts.

Thanking them tells EA that this is okay, and that if they do it again in TS5, the community will lap it up.

Tbh this community do lap anything up that EA throws at them. Why do you think The Sims is in this state?
    Yeah sure evil EA and all butim the end it IS the customers own fault because they bought every pack, every item in the store and still buy every pack for 4 and then complain.
    (Yes I know, not all of them but the majority does)

I'm glad most of my packs were kinda forced on me by my sister because she demands me to build new houses and stuff with all packs so she can fill up her saves with them.

I am very excited about the free window placement though and have always wanted that in the sims so that should be praised I think.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not a fan of how they made all of the townies in that one neighborhood walk around in a paper mask that should have been locked into certain traits but clearly to much to ask the entire world thinks and acts exactly the same as usual. I really wanted firemen but firemen without a firetruck is just horrible and I just find it annoying fireman poofing instead of driving up to the light in their truck with lights flashing is the game play I need this just feels so empty and out of place. The one thing that looks decent is the bill system but so many let downs as usual.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Not a fan of how they made all of the townies in that one neighborhood walk around in a paper mask that should have been locked into certain traits but clearly to much to ask the entire world thinks and acts exactly the same as usual. I really wanted firemen but firemen without a firetruck is just horrible and I just find it annoying fireman poofing instead of driving up to the light in their truck with lights flashing is the game play I need this just feels so empty and out of place. The one thing that looks decent is the bill system but so many let downs as usual.

Hopefully we'll get cars one day.
    Evergreen Harbor has a lot of parking spaces in it. Did you see behind the apartment they showed off? Plenty of spaces, and they were all unoccupied.

The fact that this world actually has roads and parking spaces, makes me hold out hope that maybe, just maybe, Maxis is preparing for a cars GP.

Probably won't happen, but hey. Maybe.
    wJbomAo.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I looked away from the live stream and I saw everyone spamming fire fighters too I was like wait what I miss something were getting fire fighters what and then I couldn't stop looking at the stream thinking I'll miss something again but nope at the end I too saw the floors lit up the fire alarm go off and I was like no way then in popped the firemen I was like omg omg omg how I missed I wanted to cry like I think I even thanked them in chat lol.

Don't. Don't thank them for something that is a core gameplay feature. A core gameplay feature that's been missing for 6 years.

It's nice to have, but this is something they should've included on day one, or at least in the first year, after they brought back pools and ghosts.

Thanking them tells EA that this is okay, and that if they do it again in TS5, the community will lap it up.

No saying thank you is a good thing and people should be grateful for work someone does even if they are getting paid for it they worked hard and they deserve some gratitude
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Thank you sim guru George and everybody that worked on the new pack we all really needed something to look forward to in this hard time and you gave it to us ❤️💗😊 all your work is very much appreciated please don't ever forget that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    This pack and patch are so packed full of amazing features and gameplay. Continuing to complain that things “should’ve been base game” is non-productive. Even if they should’ve been, they’re finally adding those layers and features.

Things are moving and shaking on The Sims team. Between this and the wonderful content we get about knitting pack, I’m so excited about what’s happening in Sims Nation rn.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

@ChadSims2 It's part of the community action plan - so you can avoid it by having the community vote for another plan and then convince neighbors to vote - I like the possible 'bad' outcomes like that, and it's kinda funny so if you want funny you can still do that. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2020

Not being grateful for these features would indicate to the devs that we don't care about these features, thus possibly causing them to not add in more of these features since it doesn't seem (to them) worth the hard work.

I am super excited about all these wonderful updates. It honestly feels like I just got a new DLC for free. It, paired with the survey about improving the sims themselves, gives me hope that we might actually have a full core by the end of the run. Of course it is bad that we haven't had a full core from the start, but I think the greatness of TS4 will hit us like a truck once the core is put to its full potential. Think about all the detail that has been put into other aspects of the game. What now seem like "unnecessary" features could blow us away down the line when all of them align.

The billing system is funny to me in how it makes me stress when I look at it, and that's exactly why I love it. Adding things that make the game more difficult/stress-inducing and that actually impacts the game is exactly what we need. I also wonder how the shutting off of utilities and the repo man will work together now. Maybe shut off for 2-3 days and then the repo man comes?
    Firefighters are awesome to me bc of the nostalgia. I hope they add in newspapers and/or magazines as a throwback as well. And, of course, burglars and cops. I hope that they will have added functionality with GTW and that sims can actually go to rabbit hole jail again with the BG, or at the police station with GTW.

I was actually suspicious that they didn't move the camera at all when the firefighters arrived and departed. Made me wonder whether they're hiding a vehicle. Since we already have bikes, it would be easy for them to create motorcycles since they function in a similar way. From there, cars. I think cars are in development, and that we might get them by the end of the year.

Finally, free window/door placement :weary::heart: I have been so frustrated so many times bc of off-center placements of doors and windows not being the perfect number of tiles for a wall. This will make building so much better.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Can't do that lol my mother drilled manners into me but I am grateful they know they took a long time they see what people write, ask, and complain about but hopefully they see what they did wrong in this game and hope in Sims 5 they won't make the same mistakes.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    sikasika18 wrote: »

Tbh this community do lap anything up that EA throws at them. Why do you think The Sims is in this state?
    Yeah sure evil EA and all butim the end it IS the customers own fault because they bought every pack, every item in the store and still buy every pack for 4 and then complain.
    (Yes I know, not all of them but the majority does)

I'm glad most of my packs were kinda forced on me by my sister because she demands me to build new houses and stuff with all packs so she can fill up her saves with them.

I am very excited about the free window placement though and have always wanted that in the sims so that should be praised I think.

I bought all the packs not going to lie do I regret it no do I love it hecks yeah but all I complain about Burglars and Police and Fire...oh wait we got them lol. Also Vechiles.

Not being grateful for these features would indicate to the devs that we don't care about these features, thus possibly causing them to not add in more of these features since it doesn't seem (to them) worth the hard work.

I am super excited about all these wonderful updates. It honestly feels like I just got a new DLC for free. It, paired with the survey about improving the sims themselves, gives me hope that we might actually have a full core by the end of the run. Of course it is bad that we haven't had a full core from the start, but I think the greatness of TS4 will hit us like a truck once the core is put to its full potential. Think about all the detail that has been put into other aspects of the game. What now seem like "unnecessary" features could blow us away down the line when all of them align.

The billing system is funny to me in how it makes me stress when I look at it, and that's exactly why I love it. Adding things that make the game more difficult/stress-inducing and that actually impacts the game is exactly what we need. I also wonder how the shutting off of utilities and the repo man will work together now. Maybe shut off for 2-3 days and then the repo man comes?
    Firefighters are awesome to me bc of the nostalgia. I hope they add in newspapers and/or magazines as a throwback as well. And, of course, burglars and cops. I hope that they will have added functionality with GTW and that sims can actually go to rabbit hole jail again with the BG, or at the police station with GTW.

I was actually suspicious that they didn't move the camera at all when the firefighters arrived and departed. Made me wonder whether they're hiding a vehicle. Since we already have bikes, it would be easy for them to create motorcycles since they function in a similar way. From there, cars. I think cars are in development, and that we might get them by the end of the year.

Finally, free window/door placement :weary::heart: I have been so frustrated so many times bc of off-center placements of doors and windows not being the perfect number of tiles for a wall. This will make building so much better.

@Louise_G0325 loving everything about this 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 Wow love your interpretation of the potential car situation 10/10. Billing system is so awesome, I also felt the same way when I saw it.

I’m obsessed with all the cross-pack integration. I have been on team complain about TS4, but I feel like this patch and pack are such a turn in a great and new direction.
    edited May 2020

No saying thank you is a good thing and people should be grateful for work someone does even if they are getting paid for it they worked hard and they deserve some gratitude

Grateful.

For giving us something that should have been in the game 6 years ago.

Six.

Years.

No. [Edited by EA_Mai to remove inappropriate content]

I'll thank the devs for the improved bill system. I'll thank them for making wood items more flammable than others. I'll thank them for making items generate electricity and water.

I won't thank them for delivering on releasing what are the bare minimum features expected for a Sims base game.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    wJbomAo.png
    edited May 2020

Grateful.

Six.

Years.

I'll thank the devs for the improved bill system. I'll thank them for making wood items more flammable than others. I'll thank them for making items generate electricity and water.

I won't thank them for delivering on releasing what are the bare minimum features expected for a Sims base game.

Then don’t lol

Post edited by EA_Mai on
    edited May 2020

Grateful.

Six.

Years.

Then don’t lol

Ok. Wasn't planning to.

Look, at the end of the day, thanking EA for this sends the message that it's okay to do this.

It tells them that they can cut features out of Sims 5, and people will be okay with it, because they'll release them half a decade later.

It tells them that they can do whatever they want, because the Simmers want one thing and one thing only: to give them money.

Am I glad firefighters are back? Of course I am.

But I also don't want this to happen ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again, and neither should you.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    wJbomAo.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited May 2020

I was thinking that for a moment the camera did seem to zoom in pretty close but unless they're going for the shock toddlers had on the community I just cant see cars/firetruck happening but it really should.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"

Grateful.

Six.

Years.

No. 🌺🌺🌺🌺 'em.

Then don’t lol

Ok. Wasn't planning to.

Look, at the end of the day, thanking EA for this sends the message that it's okay to do this.

It tells them that they can cut features out of Sims 5, and people will be okay with it, because they'll release them half a decade later.

It tells them that they can do whatever they want, because the Simmers want one thing and one thing only: to give them money.

But I also don't want this to happen ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again, and neither should you.

As I admitted, I’ve been on Team TS4 is Lacking. But I feel like they are finally coming around and adding things we want and have asked for. Like, Sim actions finally affect the environment? Firefighters are back because a Sim starts a fire? They finally have a lasting gameplay impact. I’m happy because I always wine that Sims do nothing and everything always has to be in my imagination. I am happy to applaud this new direction. ✊🏿
    edited May 2020

Grateful.

Six.

Years.

Then don’t lol

Ok. Wasn't planning to.

As I admitted, I’ve been on Team TS4 is Lacking. But I feel like they are finally coming around and adding things we want and have asked for. Like, Sim actions finally affect the environment? Firefighters are back because a Sim starts a fire? They finally have a lasting gameplay impact. I’m happy because I always wine that Sims do nothing and everything always has to be in my imagination. I am happy to applaud this new direction. ✊🏿

I dunno, for every Eco Lifestyle pack we get, we get a Tiny Living, where things like ladders and eco footprints would've made perfect sense. Isn't that the whole point of a tiny house IRL? That they're better for the environment?

It feels like they're still nickle-and-diming us, the only difference this time is that they used to release My First Pet Stuff after the EP, and now they're releasing it beforehand.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    wJbomAo.png
    edited May 2020

Grateful.

Six.

Years.

Then don’t lol

Ok. Wasn't planning to.

I dunno, for every Eco Lifestyle pack we get, we get a Tiny Living, where things like ladders and eco footprints would've made perfect sense. Isn't that the whole point of a tiny house IRL? That they're better for the environment?

It feels like they're still nickle-and-diming us, the only difference this time is that they used to release My First Pet Stuff after the EP, and now they're releasing it beforehand.

🤷🏽‍♀️ Tend to agree but I feel like things are turning around now. I love everything about this pack and patch, am loving everything about Knitting pack (despite not being wild about knitting in of itself). Can’t wait to hear about the GP, TS4 2020 is 10/10 so far. Looking forward to what our survey votes will bring if this is the new standard.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Day of Patch/Pack Release - Simmers deck their homes out in flammable materials and set their sims' homes on fire :naughty:
    giphy.gif
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I wonder if there will also be female firefighters. Now give us burglars and police officers.
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I wonder if there will also be female firefighters. Now give us burglars and police officers.

I mean, obviously there will be female firefighters. It's just a randomly-generated Sim in a preset outfit. It's not like Sims 1-3 where there were specific townies specifically created before release to be firefighters.
    wJbomAo.png
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i have missed the firefighters but we also need the burglars and police officers...i want to see someone steal something and watch my sim get upset....now we can watch our sims with the firefights..
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

@Louise_G0325 loving everything about this 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 Wow love your interpretation of the potential car situation 10/10. Billing system is so awesome, I also felt the same way when I saw it.

I’m obsessed with all the cross-pack integration. I have been on team complain about TS4, but I feel like this patch and pack are such a turn in a great and new direction.

Absolutelly!
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Do they automatically come when there’s a fire or do Sims have to call them? I hope it’s not automatic because sometimes I want my sims houses to burn down.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Do they automatically come when there’s a fire or do Sims have to call them? I hope it’s not automatic because sometimes I want my sims houses to burn down.

There's an option to either extinguish the fire yourself or call the fire department when you click on the fire - you can see it in the stream when SimGuruGeorge does it at the end.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---