Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Livestream (May 21st, 11AM PT)

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2020
    alan650111 wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Oh they didn't show pollution in other worlds?
    😔

Seems so. Just smog. No trash. A bit disappointed. But the rest is awesome.

There is a new lot trait you can add anywhere where trash accumulates and a garbage man picks it up once a week!

Wait. We get garbage men? I missed that!! Omg😶

Garbage collection ON LOTS is tied to the lot trait (weekly collections and trash build-up with trait, bottomless bins without).
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited May 2020
    Did they tell if the oceans in Evergreen Harbor are swimable?

I was wondering this as well. Not just because I want swimmable water everywhere-- which I do!-- but also because it would be an interesting opportunity to have moodlets tied to the neighborhood's eco footprint. Like, a negative moodlet for swimming in an area with poor water quality, and a positive moodlet for swimming in pristine water.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Did they say when the patch comes?

June 2nd
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Did they tell if the oceans in Evergreen Harbor are swimable?

I was wondering this as well. Not just because I want swimmable water everwhere-- which I do!-- but also because it would be an interesting opportunity to have moodlets tied to the neighborhood's water eco footprint. Like, a negative moodlet for swimming in an area with poor water quality, and a positive moodlet for swimming in pristine water.

I thought about this! I wanted that also. But they didn't mention it so I'm thinking the answer is no 🤔
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Cross pack compatibility? More like cross pack contamination. Am I right guys lol. I still don't think the world is great but I love cas and the build items. Although cas items for males is pretty uneven as usual. I guess what guys don't get in hair they make up for in beards. And there wasn't any afro textures which is either an over sight or it's because of the location. Or the sim teams finds doing those hair textures difficult.
    Do I think this pack has in a tone of game play. No? At least I don't think it's really deep. What even is deep game play?
    The trailers did not do this pack justice. I still need to see a full look at cas and the game play features. But based on what I saw from the live stream from cas and build mode I'd be willing to buy this pack just for that.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited May 2020
    Cross pack compatibility? More like cross pack contamination. Am I right guys lol.

I personally love all the cross-pack functionality that seems to be implied in this EP. For instance, there are going to be roaches, flies and rats in the garbage. Anyone else think (or hope) that cats will be able to hunt and kill these vermin (the roaches and rats)? I hope so. I also love the idea of getting wax from the beebox, acid rain with seasons (which can make sims sick), voting on neighborhood action plans in other worlds than just in Evergreen Harbour, a new soy plant, new recipes (like a frog recipe) associated with off-the-grid living, increased off the grid functionality etc. One of the nicest features was hearing about how Seasons will impact the various environmental appliances: rain will refill the dew collectors faster, windy days will create more power through the wind turbines, cloudy days will impact the solar panels negatively etc. This pack seems deeply interdependent with a lot of other packs and that's a good thing in my opinion.
    Post edited by simfriend1968 on
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    I'm actually rewatching some of it! There was a lot to take in. At the beginning I really liked that the whole neighborhood has to make changes to change the industrial/eco footprint. If one family does all the green stuff but no one else does it, the footprint doesn't change. I thought that was cool.

I don't super duper like the look of the world, it seemed there were loads of empty spaces and wide open areas. But I really appreciated the story woven into the world that SimGuruGeorge did a really good job of talking it through. Understanding that it was a town that produces marble from the quarry and would ship it out in the harbour, and after that ceased the world didn't know how to progress. Thought that element added more depth to it.

I think this is a pack that can be played in many different ways. From the hippie Knox to the scrounging Harries family to the tech minded Bess...I think you can take it in lots of different directions.

Also, being able to collect water from snow or rivers was amazing.

I thought that the CAS items were so much better than in the trailer. They looked cool and comfy but the ones in the trailer looked weird.all puffy jackets and high vis stripes. But there were so many cozy items, and some great hair.

I like that bills and off grid living is properly done so that I can really keep an eye on how my Sims actions are affecting things. Rags to riches all the way. I just wish the knitting pack was out the same time, I want them both together!!

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I wish they could have gone more into cross-pack functionality (laundry day?), but really, they didn't have any extra room. That's okay -- a few things still to discover. I liked the clothing better than I expected to, and was amazed at the number of Neighborhood Action Projects available.

One thing concerns me -- people have been talking about a Repo Man, but I thought that came with Discover University, if you didn't pay off your student loan. And if you do have a big student loan, fixing your treadmill to generate electricity that you can sell to the grid might be a good idea. :)
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Oh, yes candles! Looking forward you to see these!

@DeafSimmer I'll be sharing a link to the 'replay' video once the livestream is over and it's ready so you can watch it at any time. It will be a Twitch video

Going by DeafSimmer's name I think she or he wants Utube video for the reason I want Utube. That would be for the subtittles since we can't hear what's being said.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited May 2020
    The actual stream definitely did the pack much more justice than those preachy, PSA-like trailers did. After seeing the pack's features in action, it looks like it will actually be a decent pack...even if I still wish there was some more hardcore activism and big industry vs. environmentalists gameplay involved (and it still hurts that there's no mutagenic ooze, plantsim update, or mutated monsters...). I like that the new apartments aren't going to be as annoying as the ones from CL, and the bikes and craftable furniture are really nice. I'm also glad to hear that the repo man will be coming for your stuff for unpaid bills now. Also, that flammability update and...FIREFIGHTERS ARE BACK!! YES!! The marketing team needs to be keelhauled for how badly they botched those trailers, though...

I wish that they could have showcased more of the polluted gameplay, though. They showed the somewhat smoggy 'hood state, dumpster diving, dumpster woohoo, and death by flies, and they mentioned acid rain, but I was really looking forward to seeing the nastiest states of the world as well as the mildly nasty, normal, and super clean versions. They also mentioned bribing the inspectors and using the "smog vacuum" to actually generate pollution, but they didn't demonstrate it at all. That's a real letdown, since I really wanted to see more of the "filty" gameplay and it actually piqued my interest when I heard that the "smog vacuum" could be used for evil means and you can bribe the eco inspectors. I wanted to see an actual anti-eco sim in action to demonstrate that gameplay when it came up. But, at least I can have a sim be at least a bit of a villain here, so that's nice. It's also nice to know vegetarian sims are made uncomfortable by the meat wall... >:)

Overall, it looks like this pack will be O.K. (even if the marketing team really, really failed at presenting it properly and I still wish there was more fight and challenge to the environmentalism aspect), and the patch is bringing in some much-needed quality-of-life and gameplay updates. Still, I wish they had showed off the pollution-and-filth-related mechanics a little bit more instead of just kind of glossing over them. The green stuff is fine, but it's already showcased prominently in the trailers. I watched the stream to see them show off the grunge.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    11 lots
    Did anyone catch how many lots?!!

SimsVIP have posted the map here https://simsvip.com/2020/05/21/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-first-look-at-the-world-map/

Looks like 11 lots.

SimsVIP have posted the map here https://simsvip.com/2020/05/21/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-first-look-at-the-world-map/

Looks like 11 lots.

I just saw 😭 guess that person was wrong. Which means probably wrong about everything else too.

To clarify 11 stand alone lots plus 2 apartment buildings with two liveable spaces in each of those apartments( 1 apartment = 2 livable lots) which =15 in total, so they were correct.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Wow I went from meh, I'll pick this up on sale someday, to day one buy. Was fun to watch.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Few questions (Deciding factors)

1) Are the firefighters and repo man tied to the expansion?

2) Can the new area remain trashy?

3) Do the NPCs run the voting if you do not vote?

4) Can I delete the voting board to keep the trash and etc..?

Thanks!

I haven't seen people answering you @gamekitten, so, from what I know so far:

1) Firefighters are in the patch, and the repo man probably too, the latter wasn't clear.

2) Definitely. On the community space you can even edit to add trash to all three options.

3) Yes, every weekend if I'm not mistaken.

4) That I'm not sure, but you can freeze the footprint anytime to let it be what you like.

You can find more and better information here, thanks our lovely neighbor @luthienrising.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    11 lots

Looks like 11 lots.

Looks like 11 lots.

I just saw 😭 guess that person was wrong. Which means probably wrong about everything else too.

To clarify 11 stand alone lots plus 2 apartment buildings with two liveable spaces in each of those apartments( 1 apartment = 2 livable lots) which =15 in total, so they were correct.

There are 11 lots. Otherwise we are doing some liveable to commercial ratio, which seems silly. There are 11 lots where 2 of those 11 lots are apartments.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    One of the best packs! I'm glad that you guys developed this pack! Thank you! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    This was, hands down, the best Live Stream for a new pack I have seen in years. SimGuruGeorge was awesome, as were the other gurus. They had fun and gave us a great overview of Eco Lifestyle. I could tell all the gurus involved in creating this new EP were very excited to be showing us the features, and rightfully so, because this EP is packed with new content. Towards the end of the stream, I was sitting there wondering what had happened with the firefighters. Had that leak been wrong? Were they going to save that bit of news for later? Then SimGuruGeorge set the fires and in came our much-missed firefighters. What a great way to end a successful stream! Gotta go. I have to watch this stream again just in case I missed anything. :D
  • det1969det1969 Posts: 3 New Member
    It was so cool to finally be able to watch the stream live since I'm not working due to this 'pause'. With that said, this appears to have some great new game play, and CAS and build don't disappoint either. The stream really flushed out what appears mundane in the trailer and it is worth calling it an EP. No matter what no game will please everyone. I am looking forward to buying on day one.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Just skip trailers and go straight to Livestreams next time to show off the game. :D

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited May 2020
    Evergreen.png
    Only thing I wish they added were some small empty lots.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Mandie997 wrote: »
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    11 lots

Looks like 11 lots.

Looks like 11 lots.

There are 11 lots. Otherwise we are doing some liveable to commercial ratio, which seems silly. There are 11 lots where 2 of those 11 lots are apartments.

That’s not correct at all. There are 11 editable lots, 2 apartment lots that have 2 editable apartments on each....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I'm only getting black screen, is it showing for anyone else
    It should be working... try here maybe?: click me

I was totally doing it wrong, thank you so much!
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Really excited, cannot wait for all of this! There are too many cool things to even list , thank you Sims Gurus!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The actual stream definitely did the pack much more justice than those preachy, PSA-like trailers did. After seeing the pack's features in action, it looks like it will actually be a decent pack...even if I still wish there was some more hardcore activism and big industry vs. environmentalists gameplay involved (and it still hurts that there's no mutagenic ooze, plantsim update, or mutated monsters...). I like that the new apartments aren't going to be as annoying as the ones from CL, and the bikes and craftable furniture are really nice. I'm also glad to hear that the repo man will be coming for your stuff for unpaid bills now. Also, that flammability update and...FIREFIGHTERS ARE BACK!! YES!! The marketing team needs to be keelhauled for how badly they botched those trailers, though...

I wish that they could have showcased more of the polluted gameplay, though. They showed the somewhat smoggy 'hood state, dumpster diving, dumpster woohoo, and death by flies, and they mentioned acid rain, but I was really looking forward to seeing the nastiest states of the world as well as the mildly nasty, normal, and super clean versions. They also mentioned bribing the inspectors and using the "smog vacuum" to actually generate pollution, but they didn't demonstrate it at all. That's a real letdown, since I really wanted to see more of the "filty" gameplay and it actually piqued my interest when I heard that the "smog vacuum" could be used for evil means and you can bribe the eco inspectors. I wanted to see an actual anti-eco sim in action to demonstrate that gameplay when it came up. But, at least I can have a sim be at least a bit of a villain here, so that's nice. It's also nice to know vegetarian sims are made uncomfortable by the meat wall... >:)

Overall, it looks like this pack will be O.K. (even if the marketing team really, really failed at presenting it properly and I still wish there was more fight and challenge to the environmentalism aspect), and the patch is bringing in some much-needed quality-of-life and gameplay updates. Still, I wish they had showed off the pollution-and-filth-related mechanics a little bit more instead of just kind of glossing over them. The green stuff is fine, but it's already showcased prominently in the trailers. I watched the stream to see them show off the grunge.

They always hold stuff back for us to discover, that isn’t anything new.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Few questions (Deciding factors)

1) Are the firefighters and repo man tied to the expansion?

2) Can the new area remain trashy?

3) Do the NPCs run the voting if you do not vote?

4) Can I delete the voting board to keep the trash and etc..?

Thanks!

I haven't seen people answering you @gamekitten, so, from what I know so far:

1) Firefighters are in the patch, and the repo man probably too, the latter wasn't clear.

2) Definitely. On the community space you can even edit to add trash to all three options.

3) Yes, every weekend if I'm not mistaken.

4) That I'm not sure, but you can freeze the footprint anytime to let it be what you like.

You can find more and better information here, thanks our lovely neighbor @luthienrising.

Thank you for your kindness.
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    I was already planning on buying this some time after the release but the livestream makes me want to pre-order it! I've only watched two other deep-dive livestreams (DU and TL) but this is probably my favorite one so far. Even with the difficulty of streaming from home and having the devs remote call in, the whole stream was pretty easy to follow and entertaining. :)

Can't wait to see all the Build/Buy items for this pack. I also love that they're making a base-game ladder available, plus all the polishing they made for off-the-grid. On top of the fact that they're releasing the pack on ALL platforms on the SAME day! Pretty cool (and honestly sounds like a logistical nightmare :sweat_smile:)
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP