Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2020 (Out Now)

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Extra apartments would be fantastic, but I doubt they'd add the main feature of one pack to another one.

They've added ocean swimming to DU...

Well, they never said that ocean swimming would be Sulani-only. In fact, I believe they hinted the opposite. It's just probably too difficult to update the old worlds but I think we can be pretty sure that future coastal world will have ocean swimming compatibility.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Extra apartments would be fantastic, but I doubt they'd add the main feature of one pack to another one.

Well, they never said that ocean swimming would be Sulani-only. In fact, I believe they hinted the opposite. It's just probably too difficult to update the old worlds but I think we can be pretty sure that future coastal world will have ocean swimming compatibility.

That was lake swimming they added to DU.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I just think that sooner or later there will be more apartments (no idea if now or much later...). Having so many rural worlds and only one city is underwhelming. I really hope that they can add more...
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited May 2020
    The pitiful number of lots in the Evergreen Harbour (15) alone has the ring of authenticity. I sure hope that part isn't true!

It's still more than IL, right? That one had 12.
    Okay, I looked it up. Brindleton was 16, Sulani was 14 - it's around the usual amount for the latest 'normal' worlds (no idea how the DU world works). Basegame worlds were at 21 so I don't think we'd ever get over 20.

Then, I'm among those who believe we need another empty world patched in, with at least two 64x64 lots. And we definitely need at least a 50x50 (preferably larger) empty lot in any new world. As much as I love Glimmerbrook, 30x40 is awfully small and forced me to compromises.

Newcrest has 15 lots in 3 neighborhoods so I guess it is not too bad for Evergreen Harbour to have 15 -- it's sort of middling. I just wish it was more. Windenburg had 14 residential lots and 13 commercial lots. I know we will never get that many again, but it sure would be nice to have more than the 14-16 lots (which I consider a medium-sized world) that we normally get with an Expansion Pack. Even just 5 more, 20 lots in total, would be acceptable.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    15 lots would be great! I hope it’s true!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited May 2020
    So in the patch we're apparently getting :
    • An inventory update.
    • Ladders.
    • Floors will have flammability information.
    • Bills update (we can get info about them, they're split so we can know what they're about (water, electricity etc).
    • Firefighters (possibly).
    • All the worlds neighborhoods will have names.
    • Some off the grid objects get new interactions (such as add ice to some fridges).

Did I miss anything ? There's an Off the grid build/buy category but I'm not sure wether it comes with the update. Also the repo man is back, again I guess it comes with the update.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I think it will be a great update!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    • An inventory update.
    • Ladders.
    • Bills update (we can get info about them, they're split so we can know what they're about (water, electricity etc).
    • Some off the grid objects get new interactions (such as add ice to some fridges).

Did I miss anything ? There's an Off the grid build/buy category but I'm not sure wether it comes with the update. Also the repo man is back, again I guess it comes with the update.

The door and window update :grin:
    They haven't said anything about that. But if they had free placement it would be great.
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    • An inventory update.
    • Ladders.

• hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Can someone just confirm the date of the next patch update?
    I suspect June 2nd (the Tuesday before the EL pack release) but I really want it now! hahaha.
    Plus, are we getting an update in May?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited May 2020
    They haven't said anything about that. But if they had free placement it would be great.
    • An inventory update.
    • Ladders.

edited May 2020
    My bad.

I just rewatched the part where he moves the windows freely !!
    • An inventory update.
    • Ladders.

edited May 2020
    Oh yes you can see here the one tile window is in between two tiles.

7AP0I9S.jpg
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited May 2020
    • An inventory update.
    • Ladders.

* Rats, roaches and flies. I hope that means some crosspack functionality with cats and dogs. (Actually it wasn't clear to me from the stream whether this is coming with the patch or with the new EP, but I kinda think it should come with the patch. I'd welcome clarity on this).
    * More off-the-grid functionality, including collecting water from fishing spots, ponds, the ocean in Sulani, snow piles etc.
    * Several new "off-the-grid" survivalist recipes including some kind of frog hot pot (don't recall the exact name).

There may be more but that's all that comes to mind right now. I am so looking forward to this patch!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    hello everyone simvip just confirm firefighters are back and the repoman will also be in the next patch with a new updated bill system
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    If anyone is interested Simscommunity.info just put up a video about the patch
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Gonna have to earn a lot of money. When it's time to get the pack I can move house and build hard.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    So now we know the June Patch is June 2nd and I'm assuming consoles get it June 2nd as well.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The June 2nd update is going to wreck my mods for a bit, but it has so many great new changes that are going to improve the game, I'm not going to cry over losing my mods for a few days. I am so ready for the improvements to the inventory system. This has been needed for a very long time, and I have several Sims that collect or grow everything. And being able to sell several things at once is going to give me more time to play rather than go through the grind of selling one item at a time. The new way bills will be handled is actually a pretty neat idea, too. All the changes aside, I am hoping for a few more bug fixes as well. I have managed to get rid of a few more mods after the last two updates, so I am hoping to get rid of a few more come June 2nd. It's always nice to be able to put those nasty bugs to rest once and for all. And the teams have been pretty good about not breaking past fixes with newer ones, so I feel confident this will be the case again. Out of all the things the update is bringing, I have to admit having the firemen and the repo man back in the game makes me happy. I didn't realize I'd missed those NPC characters very much until I saw the firemen at the end of the live stream. I don't understand why, but seeing them made Sims4 feel a bit more like a true Sims game to me. Nostalgia maybe? I have no idea if that's the case or not. It just feels right. Sims4 is a Sims game, but it needs more of the little things that have always been part of the game's charm. All I can say is, I hope the teams find a way to continue finding those lost pieces and include those in future updates.
    I'm looking forward to the new inventory 2.0 that has filters now.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes! I agree @catloverplayer, the inventory upgrade is going to make life much simpler. And the changes made to build mode are remarkable. I watched one of LilSimsie's vods a bit ago where she was able to place landscaping plants beneath foundations, and even rotate them which will give us so many new options in how we decorate our lots. The builder in me is very impressed, and itching to build!
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Yes! I agree @catloverplayer, the inventory upgrade is going to make life much simpler. And the changes made to build mode are remarkable. I watched one of LilSimsie's vods a bit ago where she was able to place landscaping plants beneath foundations, and even rotate them which will give us so many new options in how we decorate our lots. The builder in me is very impressed, and itching to build!

Not only is it going to make it more easier but with the new inventory update we can delete lots of objects at one time.
    Add new neighborhood descriptions to the list of things coming to this patch.