Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermadia! A new world or a new EP?!

Crowkeeper over at MTS has developed a beautiful new world that seems to me more like an expansion pack than just a world! It has a hidden island, caves to explore, six dive spots. And the beauty of it is just incredible. Here's a short video showcasing some of the artwork. Fill it full of mermaids, regular peeps or a mix! It has a vacation location also if you just want to use Traveler and vacation there, though it's unpopulated.

MERMAIDIA DOWNLOAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYk0t0aNRY

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Cool.
    :) Smile!

• miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    That looks absolutely incredible - I would love to see screenshots if anyone downloads it and starts a game there.

Makes me wish we had more mermaid themed content to play with!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks absolutely gorgeous, cant picture myself using it for regular gameplay though.I would need a specific story in mind.But they did an absolutely fantastic job on it
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @GraceyManor I did find regular sims don't seem to 'fit' but then it's a mermaid world, lol. So I'm making a bunch of mermaids. :) And some plant sims. They go good. :)

@miklc I've not been posting pics but I will start a new thread in the creative section about my current story and world.
    @ZeeGee at one point I was looking for a little mermaid world for a story.Def on my wanting to try
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @ZeeGee I'm planning a video soon where I'll have all of my Plant Sims from all of my games all together in a single household. I might add of few of my many mermaids to the world too as townies and use this world for the video. I'll have to play in it for a bit first though to see if it'll work for what I have in mind.

Thanks for the link.
    @Karritz I look forward to seeing your video. :kissing:

I've never played mermaids or plant sims before. It's really fun! Of course immediately a story came to mind and I look forward to telling it :blush:
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I am still vanilla. Is there a mod/cc free version?
    @JACKIEJOY I considered it 'cc' free but you do need rabbithole rugs. There's a mod included in the download that replaces the regular subway entrances to a entrance that fits in with the world. You can play without that, I did. But the subway tunnels are not as pretty.
    @ZeeGee i assume the subway replacement effects all saves not just the world?
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    I am currently on the lookout for a new gaming laptop so that I can actually play the game properly.

Once I have found one, I think I will download this beautiful world and populate it with mermaids, fairies and plantsims exclusively!
    @ZeeGee i assume the subway replacement effects all saves not just the world?

@GraceyManor I don't know. I don't play in any worlds that have regular subways. If I can tear myself away from my new mermaid game I'll test it out.

@miklc Here's hoping you get to play again soon. :)
    @GraceyManor I just booted up Bridgeport cause you got me curious. The subway entrances there are normal. They have not been replaced by the glowing circles of light that make up the Mermaidia entrances.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Amazing!! Crowkeepper's new world is fantastic!! It does resemble an expansion pack in many ways..
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Ooooh! I love mermaids/merfolk and similarly aquatic fantasy themes, so this world is just up my alley! 🤗🧜🏼‍♀️Gonna download and try it out later today! 😀
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited September 2020
    I finally moved on from my Mermaidia game and now I have to go back!!! Just seeing this thread pop up makes me long for it again. :)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'm so glad you posted about this world! I've had my sim travel to so many worlds and do so many careers, but in the current gamesave, I want her to finally settle down and get married. She will be a marine biologist who scuba dives for specimens she can do research on and do experiments back at the lab. I wanted her to meet a merman in one of her dives to fall in love with. But now I want her to travel to Mermadia and meet him there! I can think of a lot of stuff to happen before they even marry and settle down! And even when they are and have children! Thanks so much!

@ClarionOfJoy You’re welcome. That sounds like a great story! Enjoy 😀 And come back to show us a picture of your merman in Mermaidia if you get a chance!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @ClarionOfJoy You’re welcome. That sounds like a great story! Enjoy 😀 And come back to show us a picture of your merman in Mermaidia if you get a chance!

Okay, will do! It will be a little while though. When I return to the States later this month, I'm getting a new laptop and will continue the save game then!

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @ZeeGee

Thanks for posting this is an awesome and unique world which will get added to my list of worlds to try out in the future although i do confess to using several of his lots in one of rflong7's worlds i play in where I specifically made a mermaid only area :)
  • DottyKCDottyKC Posts: 19 Member
    That is such a cool concept! Do you think this is how the underwater Avatar sequel might look?