Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ceiling colors?

vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
https://ibb.co/W3rqHGt

We have ladders coming with an update before the new Eco Lifestyle expansion. With that update is it a possibility we will be getting ceiling colors? I never looked at NP house ceilings maybe their all black OR....

did they give us the ability to change the ceilings color.. 🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻

Or am I just not that observant when playing. 😔

Sorry for the grammar errors btw I was in a rush lol 😬
Post edited by vincentvega8899 on

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It looks like they just didn’t put the floor tiles under the roofs, you see the roof angle there.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I have never once looked at or noticed ceilings in the game. Their attention definitely is needed in other areas of the game than to color something that is barely shown or noticed....in my opinion.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks like they just didn’t put the floor tiles under the roofs, you see the roof angle there.

😢 thank you for checking it out. I appreciate it!
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I have never once looked at or noticed ceilings in the game. Their attention definitely is needed in other areas of the game than to color something that is barely shown or noticed....in my opinion.

Agreed! Just curious
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    We really do need the ability to change the ceiling colour the perpetual white is just so ill fitting in so many builds.
    If you play with sims 3 camera or take pictures in tab mode, you see the ceilings very frequently. Not to mention the obvious white line near staircases or on outdoor decks - both of which are visible with ts4 camera as well.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Ceilings basically don't exist in the game. As @MDianaSims mentioned, the best you get is the default null blank white if you use custom camera angles.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    In sims 3 i always changed the ceiling colours. It gives a better look at the whole decoration. It's weird to see an old building or a gothic house with white ceilings...
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I'm guessing Sims 4 wasn't supposed to have the camera angle of looking up. So ceilings weren't put into the programming.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I'm guessing Sims 4 wasn't supposed to have the camera angle of looking up. So ceilings weren't put into the programming.

Lol... that’s fantastic hahaha oops.
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    edited May 2020
    I realy hope we get cieling textures, the white kills me, especally when making balconyy like areas... and there's just a line of whitee that ruins everything :/

same when makingg gothicbuilds and such...
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Lol, I still can’t even see ceilings in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    We really do need the ability to change the ceiling colour the perpetual white is just so ill fitting in so many builds.
    If you play with sims 3 camera or take pictures in tab mode, you see the ceilings very frequently. Not to mention the obvious white line near staircases or on outdoor decks - both of which are visible with ts4 camera as well.

But it's the norm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited May 2020

No, you have to have the walls up entirely. I've seen ceilings in my game. But, putting ceiling tiles overhead was a pain in the tuckas in Sims3, I just don't need to worry about them. Although, I do appreciate that some will and if EA can add them, I just won't bother with it too much. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited May 2020

No, you have to have the walls up entirely. I've seen ceilings in my game. But, putting ceiling tiles overhead was a pain in the tuckas in Sims3, I just don't need to worry about them. Although, I do appreciate that some will and if EA can add them, I just won't bother with it too much. ;)

It’s so weird. Even when my walls are all the way up, all I see above is sky. I’ve never once seen a ceiling in this game, even though I have roofs.

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited May 2020

It’s so weird. Even when my walls are all the way up, all I see above is sky. I’ve never once seen a ceiling in this game, even though I have roofs.

@Rouenpucelle You need to go into screenshot mode and then hit the "up" key for the next floor. This will keep your view on the current floor, but let you see whatever is above it, like the ceiling or a balcony above.

Temple.jpg

I think players who don't take a lot of screenshots probably don't really ever see the ceilings. But since I take tons of screenshots, not being able to edit the blank whiteness to a color or texture that fits the rest of the decor bothers me. Doesn't look too bad in this shot, but in some shots it looks awful because it doesn't fit. Like rustic cabins or gothic mansions.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    What do you mean by "screenshot mode"?
    Hit "tab". It removes all the UI and it allows more flexibility for moving the camera around. While in that mode you can use Q key to get really low angles for example, and you can move the camera outside of the boundaries where your sim can walk in the world, so you can see, for example, the backside of decorative buildings in San Myshuno where you can't actually walk. In this mode, you can also do what I explain previously and hit the "up" key to see the ceiling or up a stairwell to the next floor (and not get the "open to the sky" look you were talking about. You can't play the game in this mode (no way to click on things and interact) you can just have more freedom moving the camera and taking better looking screenshots.

Maybe other people just call it "tab mode"? I've always called it "screenshot mode" because that's what it's good for.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol, I still can’t even see ceilings in my game.

Same
    @GlacierSnow I hit tab and all the UI was removed. I pressed the up key and the camera moved around, but there was still no ceiling. I tried pressing a bunch of random keys and still got no ceiling. It's a mystery to me. :)
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Barely shown or noticed for you, but don't forget, there are many simmers who only play this game to build, and ceilings are everything for me.

Personally, it's very distracting trying to build a dungeon or a wood cabin and having a white ceiling.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Those white ceilings absolutely ruined my subway build. They look so ugly!! :rage:

5QbTc10.png

Really hoping that the devs fix this soon
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I used to not care about that, most homes I know IRL have a white ceiling so I could live with it, but then I started building things other than normal homes and since then I can't stand the ceiling anymore xD
    edited May 2020
    @GlacierSnow I hit tab and all the UI was removed. I pressed the up key and the camera moved around, but there was still no ceiling. I tried pressing a bunch of random keys and still got no ceiling. It's a mystery to me. :)

@Rouenpucelle That's odd. :confused: Are you using the Sims 4 or Sims 3 camera option (can change in the settings menu). I'm using the Sims 3 camera style. Also, I don't mean the up arrow key. I mean the key you would use to change your view up to the next level of the house. I play on a PC with a full keyboard, so for me it is the "page up" key. If you are playing on a laptop, it might be something different.

Sorry to everyone for getting off topic. I hope you don't mind. I just try to help when people ask questions.

@GracieO312 Your picture is a really good example of a place where those white ceilings look bad. It can be frustrating getting a good screenshot in certain buildings because of it. As @sofasim mentions, it's often the non-house builds or non-modern-house where it ends up being a problem. Modern houses often have white ceilings, so it doesn't look so weird. But other kinds of builds (like community lots or old fashioned houses) it can be distractingly bizarre looking. I'd definitely like an option to edit it, at least to choose different colors if not actual textures.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I am yet another hater of the plain white ceilings. The white ceilings aren't too bad in very modern builds, but if you're doing a log cabin or a castle or a gothic mansion or an underground burrow/bunker home...those white ceiling are just the most grating thing in the world! And it's not just in screenshots or machinima, but just if you like putting the walls up and zooming in while playing for a little extra immersion...BAM! White ceilings, ruining the atmosphere! I really hope they give us the ability to paint the ceilings before they're done with TS4, because the plain ceilings drive me up a wall...Pun intended...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I quite agree, we definitely need the ability to change the ceiling colors. Even simple recolors will do. I'm sick and tired of angling the shots in my story to avoid the ceiling.

Ceiling recolors. YES, please.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.