Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappearing saves?

The last few times I've booted up my game, my most recent save was missing. I use Nraas to prompt me to Save As every so often, and the most recent one has just been gone. Anyone know why?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    .... it's coming from inside the house! O.O

Have you checked your game folders to see if they're still there?
    I don't use the mod so I have no idea. :(
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    The mod just prompts you with a reminder. You can still just dismiss the message without producing a save.
    I think I had one case where the game didn't produce any proper saves anymore, although it should have, but that was a game that was constantly running out of memory.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    If the saves are in your Saves folder but are not showing up when you boot up your game it could be that you have too many saves. Try moving a few somewhere else (or delete those you don't need) then try again.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    If the saves are in your Saves folder but are not showing up when you boot up your game it could be that you have too many saves. Try moving a few somewhere else (or delete those you don't need) then try again.

Yep. That's what I found I had to do in order to see the saves I wanted properly in-game.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    This is a problem you don't notice until the save you are looking for no longer shows up. You can speed up loading of your game and reduce memory used by keeping the number of saves in your saves folder to a minimum.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »

Thanks, I'll try that.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Deleting saves seems to have worked for now. Thanks guys!