Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm just gonna say it. Never in my life have I ever seen a place look that bad in real life with pollution and crazy amounts of trash. Trust me, I've lived near big cities where there were real rough spots that I welcome be put into the game, but this whole thing is super exaggerated. Which is disappointing since it's supposed to be based on a real life issue. It's almost making fun of the problem in itself. Seems this new trailer just turned me off even more. Ughhh.

I guess you've never seen the slums of Asia. 😆😆 totally not exaggerated. I have family there.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Wrenry wrote: »
    Honestly, need to do a follow up video to show that you don't have to change the world and can leave it a gritty, grimy place. We already have pristine towns to live in so having the option of not cleaning up the town is great.

I think you can though because the sims look pretty pleased about their dirty lifestyle until miss eco cleaner shows up, soooo ... I'm cautiously optimistic that if we want the grime, we can keep it.

ETA: kinda making me wonder how long exactly it will take to get San Myshuno all smogged up.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 yea I was enjoying it until she ruined everything
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    People are saying that the pollution is unrealistic. While it's excessive for a first-world-country that looks like Canada, these people have clearly never seen the cities of India and China - in fact in parts of Dehli the smog clouds out at ten feet and they would probably consider Evergreen Harbour at its worst a step up.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I was worried that the pollution would be so mild like Sulani. Glad it looks soooooo dirty !!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Okay, now that I see the bugs have uses other than eating them, I might be on board. My concern is that if I buy the bug house to use for fuel, I'm going to have sims autonomously eating bugs, which, no. Given the way autonomy has worked in TS4, you just know that's going to happen.

Insects are a basic source of diet in some countries and a treat in others, sold in Thailand, Mexico and other places. If fact we might all have to get used to eating them if we give up our meat industries. They are a good source of protein and even in the UK they are being sold now. It's all a question of getting used to them!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Someone tell me why are they eating bugs as a meat replacement xD Who does that? Y'all nasty! I have never ever heard of using bugs instead...like...use tofu or the meat that vegans and vegetarians use (sorry if I got this wrong, but you get my point.)

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Ewww
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2020
    The idea of eating bugs grosses me out, but I'm loving it for adding more gameplay possibilities. I've got a horror character save and now Renfield will have unlimited food (I might even play a vamp regularly since he can have a side kick). I'm chuckling over the possibilities. Sims living in a bunker but need food.... Gotcha covered! I hope you can harvest bugs underground...
    egTcBMc.png
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Please, Miss Community Manager, can you tell the Marketing department to stop with the English voice overs? English is not the language of sims. The youth slang needs to go too.

———————
    AdVCpzb.jpg

I wonder what the invention here is. Can the plants grow in all seasons even if they usually are only in season in e.g. Spring?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited May 2020
    Please, Miss Community Manager, can you tell the Marketing department to stop with the English voice overs? English is not the language of sims. The youth slang needs to go too.

———————
    AdVCpzb.jpg

I wonder what the invention here is. Can the plants grow in all seasons even if they usually are only in season in e.g. Spring?

This :/:(
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I'm just gonna say it. Never in my life have I ever seen a place look that bad in real life with pollution and crazy amounts of trash. Trust me, I've lived near big cities where there were real rough spots that I welcome be put into the game, but this whole thing is super exaggerated. Which is disappointing since it's supposed to be based on a real life issue. It's almost making fun of the problem in itself. Seems this new trailer just turned me off even more. Ughhh.

I guess you've never seen the slums of Asia. 😆😆 totally not exaggerated. I have family there.

Well, I guess Sims4 team didn't get the memo because they set it to look that way in a common town inspired Urban city area. Not some slum in Asia. That's all I'm saying. There's a difference.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Thetford wrote: »

Major US cities in the United States looked like this in the 70s before the passing of the Clean Air Act and creation of the Environment Protection Agency.

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-america-before-epa-documerica-2017-10?amp

Perhaps, somewhat in some areas back then including near a city I live by. In fact, Just look at some movies from that time period. However, lets be clear. This Eco living game is based on a woke attitude towards environment problems now not in the 1970's Funny comment, though.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    for someone who went back in 2010 on a cruise and seen egypt you should see how messy it is there since i was with my mom i have seen how it is there
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020

———————
    AdVCpzb.jpg

I think they can water themselves or will grow faster due to some novel fertilizing mechanism? Just guessing of course, based on the tubes in the planter.

ETA: and yes, #novoicovers xD just bring back the good trailers we used to get, this was okay for Strangerville but it really needs to stop.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I’ll get it fir sure. But I’ll never put a sim there or do any of the challenges. It’s just more objects, hair and clothes for normal worlds. And another ladder skin.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Okay, now that I see the bugs have uses other than eating them, I might be on board. My concern is that if I buy the bug house to use for fuel, I'm going to have sims autonomously eating bugs, which, no. Given the way autonomy has worked in TS4, you just know that's going to happen.

Insects are a basic source of diet in some countries and a treat in others, sold in Thailand, Mexico and other places. If fact we might all have to get used to eating them if we give up our meat industries. They are a good source of protein and even in the UK they are being sold now. It's all a question of getting used to them!

I'm well aware that they are regularly eaten in many places, and I have friends who did so for a while as a path to quasi-vegetarianism. It's still not for me, IRL or in-game, and it never will be. I eat very little meat, but there are plenty of other ways to get protein from more sustainable sources. Give me a bean instead of a cricket any day.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Well, I guess Sims4 team didn't get the memo because they set it to look that way in a common town inspired Urban city area. Not some slum in Asia. That's all I'm saying. There's a difference.

Not only slums can be that dirty. Some places in my hometown used to have crazy amounts of trash, and government did nothing. Maybe it's better now, maybe not, I don't live there anymore.
    Air pollution wasn't that bad though.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2020
    Gameplay trailer--loved it. Plus, I really enjoy the voice-over which is one of my favorite aspects of these trailers; this actually inclines me to want to play it even more. My Sims will be Eco living it up in a couple of weeks. Happy Eco Living! ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The Gym Rat trait is going to come in handy for dumpster woo hoo. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    ...please please please stop with the English narration, it so tacky and cringy..

Yeah, nothing...hard pass, not at all interested.

They've been doing it since the Sims 3 days, I don't see them changing anytime soon.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    There are a good amount of countries that eat bugs on the daily, please be a little more respectful to different cultures.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ...please please please stop with the English narration, it so tacky and cringy..

Yeah, nothing...hard pass, not at all interested.

They've been doing it since the Sims 3 days, I don't see them changing anytime soon.

No they haven't. The narrator is posing as a sim and it's really off putting.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LysiannasSimLifeLysiannasSimLife Posts: 21 Member
    The trailer gave us some more information and I am really excited about this new expansion pack. The only thing I am not a fan of is that insects are a meat alternative. I thought they would help with gardening and be a part of getting the world cleaner. I don't really like that they are a snack. But the whole alternative energy, ecosystems and gardening things are really nice. Not sure about the community voting feature. Need to try it out first.
    Gallery ID: LysiannasSimLife
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I'm actually really excited about this pack! This gameplay trailer has totally reversed my original feelings about the first trailer. This is going to be so fun!
    they/he
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    People are saying that the pollution is unrealistic. While it's excessive for a first-world-country that looks like Canada, these people have clearly never seen the cities of India and China - in fact in parts of Dehli the smog clouds out at ten feet and they would probably consider Evergreen Harbour at its worst a step up.

Yeah exactly. And I think some people are forgetting that this is the Sims. Things are often exaggerated for effect.
    giphy.gif
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I am half way through the Eco Living life stream, and my excitement level has gone from around 58% to 93%. The pack looks really good.