Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I'm really trying to find something promising or fun that makes me want to get the expansion, but I honestly can't. I just miss the whimsical Sims-factor that other expansion packs or trailers from the past have had. And on top of that the whole theme just seems so specific to me. However, I'm happy for the players who wanted something like this and are now getting it. Candle making or dumpster diving just doesn't tickle my fancy. Curious to find out more about the effects on other worlds and ofcourse the rumored base-game updates, though.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I think I recognize the dumpster woohoo animation from coffin woohoo in Vampires. Also, bug eating is already a thing in the Outdoor Retreat pack. You can roast beetles over a campfire - eating them is actually part of the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration. The bug-holding could also be a re-use of the rodent animation from My First Pet Stuff.

I'm getting the pack regardless, but I too do see a lot of re-use. It's not enough to keep me away, though, and if it means saving money to in turn adding more content, then I don't see how new animations would make a whole lot of difference. Eventually we get tired from looking at anything that was once new. Recycling is not in and of itself necessarily a bad thing. Well, not if you ask me at least.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    They really need to STOP trying to be hip...it just comes off as awful and cringy

SO much like this meme xD 4b2.gif
    Please stop..
    Like just give us The Sims without all this cringy narration and "trying to make a difference in the world" ...smh.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Frankly I am as eager to play in a dirty, polluted, junky world as I am to have a save where the sims are all doing the right thing and being environmentally friendly. According to the blog, you can ("we won't judge"). That option has never been available in a Sims game before and I think will add some neat new gameplay to this game.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    By the way - you can hear the new Eco lifestyle-mix of the main theme playing in the background if you listen closely. It's a slightly different variation on the regular theme.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited May 2020
    The more I see of this pack, the more I'm intrigued. I really like the look of those inventing machines and the crafting aspect. I also love the idea of Sims eating insect cuisine! (looking back through the first trailer again; was that man cuddling a witchety grub?!) :D
    There's something I find amusing about the amount of gross-out opportunities with this pack (apologies, I know that wasn't what it was meant for). I'm not sure I'm into the dumpster woo-hooing though. Even my most mischievous sim couple have standards (very low standards, but standards none the less). :)
    What's exciting me the most is the (and I'm only guessing here) ability to graffiti on buildings and roads. Will sims be able to do this voluntarily or will it be just something that appears after a certain level of cleaning? (Am hoping it's something they can do).
    Please don't put pollution in all the worlds though. I don't want my sims to spend all their time cleaning!
    Oh, and I like the main character/ narrator Sim's hair. 🙂
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    So happy stream is coming in 2 days - I hope I’ll actually feel excited after. If not this might be the 1st EP I skip :/
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I wasn't a fan. The bug thing is weird and it felt a bit too preachy to me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Bugs are very 'trendy', but not really relatable for a majority of people/players. Chickens, etc. animals would have been a better choice. Pollution looks intense (good thing), so that will be fun to play with.

I'm hoping that there are some hidden gems that will make this pack really worth it. Besides the pollution aspect (which is a HUGE addition and an amazing one), I don't see how things pack truly 'expands' the game beyond getting a new world to play in. I will need to see more and hopefully the livestream reveals a lot.
  • zetazeta Posts: 21 Member
    I just wanna say
    YbQzTD.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Cannot wait to have my sims try for a baby in a dumpster. Dumpster baby is going to be the best sim baby ever.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    The blog >>>>> the trailer.

Show us the options, not a single narrative that was already in the reveal. It felt more like a "Meet Evergreen Harbor" video (and by the way, I'm loving the writing in this pack so far, Port Promise is a fave).
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited May 2020
    Some of the cool things that I like about this expansion so far include the following: Dumpster diving! This is very inspirational and exciting. Knowing that pollution is available in most of the worlds is also great. It will add some atmosphere. It's also nice to have another world to explore for storytelling. I also like the green scenery as shown in the gifs.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    zeta wrote: »
    I just wanna say
    YbQzTD.gif

Love it! 😄
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What part of the world is “harvesting” bugs and turning them into Spaghetti and Spinach Frittata? I never heard of such.

Those crickets sticking out of the spinach looked more like cockroaches, probably because of the filthy state of the world. They could have turned them into some protein shake or powder to sprinkle over a dish, so they wouldn't look so gross and like they got to be on a plate by mistake.

Well your not going to like this; the blog post said if a Sim eats a cricket meal that they should not smile at anybody or a bug part might show in their teeth...
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    AgentJulia wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has noticed this but on the blog it says:

"You get to build it in nearly any world in The Sims 4! Bring Sims together around vertical gardens and hydroponic planters in Brindleton Bay; learn from other craftspeople in the workshop of Willow Creek; or sell your goods and peruse other offerings at the market in Evergreen Harbor."

Do you guys think this sounds like there will be a community space in every world? I think this trailer is making me a little bit more excited for the pack than I was before.

I hope so or it means that you have to give up a lot in order to make it into a community lot... and we know how tiny some worlds are; I'm talking to you Del Sol Valley....
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Dumpster woohoo, man this pack is starting to get better, also the new activities look pretty awesome too! I can't wait to try them out when this pack comes out.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    I believe this is the most interesting expansion to hit the Sims so far. They have never done anything like this before. It's definitely got people's attention, wether good or bad.

I gotta give it to the devs for coming up with something pretty new and different to the sims series.
    giphy.gif
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    The clothes sure look bad to me. Sims 4 idea of worn, dirty clothes - put odd colored fabric on the inseam of pants and add lots of colored pockets or patches on everything and very obvious rips and tears. Think they only got the worn look right once with a pair of skinny jeans we have. And what is with all the puffy vests? We already have several - do people actually wear these? Think they could have just googled the grunge clothing style from the 90s and gotten way better ideas.
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Oh my goodness. I cannot wait! Knox is absolutely adorable and I love the idea of petitioning your community and having a vote. <3
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm just gonna take a deep breath, hope that in the stream they show something else that might be interesting and just wait. Woohoo in another place doesn't make the pack for me yet and I don't think there were more news that we didn't know about.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited May 2020
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Nestled up against a quarry by the water, Evergreen Harbor has a long history of natural beauty marred by pollution. Over the years, it has become… well, not so green at all. Smog and dirty air cloud the skies, junk has accumulated in empty lots, and trash litters the docks of the harbor—it’s maybe not the best fishing environment. But in The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack*, it’s up to your Sims to return it to its former glory! (Or they can just party it up in filthy style. We won’t judge!)

Check our latest blog out for even more details: Take Sustainability to the Next Level in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle

Which activity will your Sims try first?

Looks like there is a new eco themed doll house. Wonder if it is a build/buy or something that is made by a sim.

Also wonder how it impacts Sulani since it has its own clean the island theme, which I haven't played yet. Since they say pollution impacts all worlds except vacation & Strangerville, then Sulani gets a double whammy.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    edited May 2020
    Did anyone notice how fluid the animation of the blueprint was? I'm impressed that they actually made it move like paper.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    The whole "bug eating" deal could work out for your homeless Sims (don't know if you will be able to Dumpster Dive for food 🤮 ).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    edited May 2020
    Hey @EA_Mai ...is this window meant to be occupying 3 grid squares instead of 2?

K0VdjnN.png

How do we do that in the game? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1