The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2020 (Out Now)

Comments

• NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I am gonna be honest here, what is the use of cars in sims 4? the bikes there are long beach areas and the university buildings for and woods where we can use them... Cars nothing really? i mean i guess it would be nice to put my characters in a car instead of making her run home from visiting a friend it might speed it up a little... but there arent that long roads...

Cars would just be an accessory for Sims to own like they were in the Sims 2. They would drive on and off the lot and if you were traveling with that Sim in the car they would go to the lot with that car being parked on the lot they were visiting which was a nice little feature. The best feature I liked with cars in 2 was if you were playing sims that were at home and another Sim came home from work and there were children at home, the kids would get excited and run outside to greet that parent that arrived home in the car. Teenagers learned how to drive and that was funny and how the world of 2 worked is similar to 4 with loading screens.

An extra stuff pack also allowed Sims to build cars which was a nice feature also.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    edited May 2020
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I think cars are coming very very soon. The trailer has so many clues. The bus stop in the render, the fact that there is NO cars driving by anywhere in the trailer on the roads. When the girl is walking through the ally car alarms are going off and there is a train station. Not to mention the fact that everyone is so quiet about this pack.

And it looks like mopads are getting added.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I think cars are coming very very soon. The trailer has so many clues. The bus stop in the render, the fact that there is NO cars driving by anywhere in the trailer on the roads. When the girl is walking through the ally car alarms are going off and there is a train station. Not to mention the fact that everyone is so quiet about this pack.

And it looks like mopads are getting added.

Yea, their running out of transportation idea's :D
  • sirsir Posts: 19 Member
    I hope its a patch to take care of the following problems that arrived with the last patch

1. Buildings showing on lots in the map but when sims go there the lot is empty.

2. Actors not getting the call to go to the gig they book (however they can audition)

3.HQ disappearing in the Magic Realm and portals showing up as Portal 1, 2, 3 as opposed to their destination name ie castors alley.

and whatever other new bugs there are.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think I read somewhere that this would be a big patch. Obviously Ladders, but maybe something else as well? Seeing as our games are about to be given an EP that will affect the whole world, I wouldn't be surprised if something else significant were included.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that this would be a big patch. Obviously Ladders, but maybe something else as well? Seeing as our games are about to be given an EP that will affect the whole world, I wouldn't be surprised if something else significant were included.

Maybe this patch will add bikes to the base game for everyone.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just saw some nice rumours over on Sims VIP which made me very excited for this patch: firefighters, added to the base game, off-grid placement for doors and windows, a "filter by content" tab in sims' inventories and a sort by "off the grid" tab as well in the main catalogue. I truly do hope that we're getting all of these elements.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I just saw some nice rumours over on Sims VIP which made me very excited for this patch: firefighters, added to the base game, off-grid placement for doors and windows, a "filter by content" tab in sims' inventories and a sort by "off the grid" tab as well in the main catalogue. I truly do hope that we're getting all of these elements.

Here's the post:

https://simsvip.com/2020/05/18/rumor-firefighters-and-off-the-grid-window-door-placement-coming-to-the-sims-4/

Not patch related, but it also mentions apartments in the new world.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Apparently, it's firefighters, an off the grid filter for buy mode, inventory sorting, ladders and moving windows and doors freely in walls? :open_mouth:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Npc firefighters or firefighter career .? Intrigued now
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member

I believe the off-grid placement for doors and windows, off the grid tab could possibly be true

A free variation of ladders were already confirmed (yay!).

Still don't know if the grass roofs will be in a free update or in the EL pack only.

Firefighters in a free base game update is a bit of a stretch for me as of right now, but we will see.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »

Here's the post:

https://simsvip.com/2020/05/18/rumor-firefighters-and-off-the-grid-window-door-placement-coming-to-the-sims-4/

I wish SimsVIP hadn't reported this. Now if it doesn't come true the community is going to be up in arms again. Ugh.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member

Here's the post:

I wish SimsVIP hadn't reported this. Now if it doesn't come true the community is going to be up in arms again. Ugh.

It seems more plausible than the Country Living leak was. The pitiful number of lots in the Evergreen Harbour (15) alone has the ring of authenticity. I sure hope that part isn't true! But I dearly want everything else (ladders, NPC firefighters, off grid placement of doors and windows, acid rain with Seasons, more apartment lots, filter by content etc).
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member

Here's the post:

I saw it and hope it's true. But if not, well that's ok too.
    WbUrFQm.png
    I'm excited about apartments and a new inventory system if this is true. Apartments however will most likely be locked to the EP and won't come in the patch.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Extra apartments would be fantastic, but I doubt they'd add the main feature of one pack to another one.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Extra apartments would be fantastic, but I doubt they'd add the main feature of one pack to another one.

This. They've never added more apartments to any Sims game, have they?
    edited May 2020

No. But they might have mixed apartments with penthouses in the leak. We got penthouses in DU, they are the same as a normal lot but in the air with an fx building bellow it. I could see more of those being put in other worlds.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

They've added ocean swimming to DU...
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

I guess that inventory filter by content option answers that self-organization Future Cube hint. Lolz some people really had a head trip guessing that one.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I'm excited for ladders to be patched in, I can finally add my attic-roost for my sims.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member

Didn’t they have apartments in that 20s world in sims 3 as well as in nightlife or whatever that game was called in 3? I can see why they wouldn’t, but city living has been out for almost four years and it wouldn’t be the first time they make a feature available for more packs or basegame. They’ve already made photography base game in 4, there are ways to run a business or sell stuff without GTW and in sims 3 they added laundry to the store and to university. I don’t think there would be as many, but I could see them doing a few apartments.
    edited May 2020

Didn’t they have apartments in that 20s world in sims 3 as well as in nightlife or whatever that game was called in 3? I can see why they wouldn’t, but city living has been out for almost four years and it wouldn’t be the first time they make a feature available for more packs or basegame. They’ve already made photography base game in 4, there are ways to run a business or sell stuff without GTW and in sims 3 they added laundry to the store and to university. I don’t think there would be as many, but I could see them doing a few apartments.

No. The high rises in Roaring Heights were rabbit holes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited May 2020
    The pitiful number of lots in the Evergreen Harbour (15) alone has the ring of authenticity. I sure hope that part isn't true!

It's still more than IL, right? That one had 12.
    Okay, I looked it up. Brindleton was 16, Sulani was 14 - it's around the usual amount for the latest 'normal' worlds (no idea how the DU world works). Basegame worlds were at 21 so I don't think we'd ever get over 20.

Then, I'm among those who believe we need another empty world patched in, with at least two 64x64 lots. And we definitely need at least a 50x50 (preferably larger) empty lot in any new world. As much as I love Glimmerbrook, 30x40 is awfully small and forced me to compromises.

I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    The blog post confirms that there are 3 neighbourhoods. It fits the leak...