Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you build a garage or an attic ?

13...Next

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    No but there is a storage room
    I've been playing around more with basements as a storage area rather than trying to create a garage or attic. I have a problem with things disappearing from my household inventory so I try not to use it for collections I am working on.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I might try to build an attic when the ladders are in the build modes.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes, both
    I mostly build garages but now that indoor/outdoor ladders are going to be a thing I might give attics more love 💕.
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    No, nothing is stored
    I never thought to build a storage space. But I would like to build closets and attics now! Thanks for this poll.
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • CeeyaCeeya Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, only an attic
    I built storage space in one attic once. I made a car larger and put it in a garage. It still needs a motor. I never thought of having storage outside the of the inventory but I think it is a great idea. It might be easier to find stuff. It is fun to see everyone else's opinions too.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2020
    If I build an attic at all it'll be for the butler or a child. I've built a couple of houses with a garage and overhead bedroom though. It's always seemed to be a bit of a waste of space when we don't have cars.

I now always build a basement from the kitchen or the hall for the laundry room with a toilet and the storage room attached to that. That also comes in useful for the spy bunker or even vampires as you can use the whole floor space! :)

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No, nothing is stored
    Neither, storage is kind of pointless so I don't bother, and I don't want a giant staircase going up to a useless attic. Maybe when we have ladders I'll make attics though
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The garage is also a good place to put a ping pong table.

I wonder how many people in the UK actually store their car in the Garage? My sister has the washing machine in their's plus all the garden furniture, etc., etc., or being converted into more kitchen/dining areas. Cars are now being stuck in the driveways or paved front gardens these days here, unless you can afford a double that is. Sims are a bit old fashioned having a car in their garages!

I'd like the garage paraphernalia that was in Sims 3 back though.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Yes, both
    Depends on the house, but I often build a garage and put the exercise equipment in there. I rarely have a car in there. Also I've been building attic bedrooms more since we got bendy stairs. Might have mad relatives locked in the attic when we get ladders.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I mainly us the household inventory system.
    I use basements for EA's oversized skill objects or if I don't have room on the upper floors.
    I am not about to build a garage if we don't have cars. It would just annoy me and be a constant reminder.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Yes, both
    I often use garages as exercise rooms, or for extra living space if I want to keep the design of the main house unchanged. I build attics or sometimes storage sheds, for the reason you gave, to store holiday decorations or stuff I got that doesn't fit the look of my main house.
    In Sims 2 I always also put objects like the batbox or tombstone of life and death in the attic.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I like repurposing garages in a floor plan to a gym or a greenhouse. The last carriage house I built was part garage, part greenhouse and an apartment converted to a recording studio. It’s always nice for children and teens to be able to do school projects indoors in winter so sometimes I will build a basement with a laundry room and some space also.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes, only a garage
    If I add a garage, it is usually with a fake car parked outside. The inside consist of a wood working bench, a fitness machine, and the decoration box. Outside consist of the street art door that looks like a garage door.

Since ladders are coming, I think an attic will be made for some of my homes.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I built an attic (sort-of) on the Kealoha 'Kin-Ship' house. Didn't put stairs in yet. Mainly wanted to have extra space, plus you can't build a basement. :)
    Also I didn't want to make the house huge. That takes away from the 'comfy feel' of Sulani.

CLwL5O4.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• emma_leeemma_lee Posts: 18 Member
    No, nothing is stored
    I usally don't, because I don't need a place to store things. But i made a storage-room one time when I build't my own house.
  • Javi182Javi182 Posts: 63 Member
    I do both from time to time for certain builds. Garages are nice but I wish we had garage doors. Attics are cool too but they can glitch out sometimes which makes a bit frustrating.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Yes, only a garage
    I like making garages more for my guys to hang out in and do woodwork in. I put clutter items in there to make it look like storage, plus store a few things that look like they'd realistically go there, then put the rest in household inventory. Maybe if we get bands, I can have some garage bands. That would be fun.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I usually make basements or outhouses.
  • sirsir Posts: 19 Member
    Yes, both
    Not always but I have at times. I usually have a specific purpose in mind when I do - storage, extra bedroom, home office, magic room, gym.
    I also build basements for these purposes among others.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    Yes, only a garage
    I usually build a garage and put the things that need to be stored in there, but I usually have several storage spaces throughout the house.
  • LysiannasSimLifeLysiannasSimLife Posts: 21 Member
    No, nothing is stored
    I don't usually build those rooms but you really got me thinking. I guess I build the next houses with those rooms especially when the ladders get added to the base game!
    Gallery ID: LysiannasSimLife