Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the real reason EA choosed eco lifestyle voor this EP?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Scobre

It's not a matter of if it's real or not, "Political" I mean some people care about it and others don't.

The politicians decide if the whole country should ignore it or not.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Scobre

It's not a matter of if it's real or not, "Political" I mean some people care about it and others don't.

The politicians decide if the whole country should ignore it or not.

Ah I see. Yeah that is what I don't understand is some people claim they worship mother nature, but their actions don't reflect it. Just seems more in the beliefs area rather than politics to me but you are right some people will forever try to mix politics in all the Sims packs. Pretty sure billionaires couldn't care less about the environment since they just care about money. Why I like having a pack that is different from that lifestyle of worshipping money.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited May 2020
    @Scobre

Sometimes there is no alternative choice.

For example, COVID-19 lockdown, when you need to work to buy food and pay the bills, you will probably prefer to sacrifice your health.

edited May 2020
    @Scobre

Sometimes there is no alternative choice.

For example, COVID-19 lockdown, when you need to work to buy food and pay the bills, you will prefer to sacrifice your health.

Yeah sadly I am sacrificing and at risk to my compromised immune system health to take care of my family and for those that need help paying for food and bills since it is working for the employment department. Why the pack is going to be nice taking Sims to outdoor activities instead of being isolated indoors like with the COVID-19 lockdown. At least Sims forums has prepared me for reading negative reactions for work. But yes now more than ever I have to keep my hygiene up.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited May 2020
    @Scobre

That is the challenge : Find the right balance to save you and the rest of the world

I hope you will be fine. Take care of you.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If you catch Covid, even people in their 30s can end up off work for weeks. It's a really sadistic choice some politicians are giving people in order to foist the responsibility off their shoulders - that way if more people get sick, they can blame Joe Public for his lack of 'common sense'.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    If you catch Covid, even people in their 30s can end up off work for weeks. It's a really sadistic choice some politicians are giving people in order to foist the responsibility off their shoulders - that way if more people get sick, they can blame Joe Public for his lack of 'common sense'.
    Yeah just feels wrong and yes makes me sad. It is like no matter what pack comes out, nice for the underdog to be represented. Why packs like Moschino made me upset because only politicians and billionaires could afford clothing like that. Thank you @LeGardePourpre.
    edited May 2020
    Ecology is same, if Earth is damaged we will blame the people for their lack of common sense.
    edited May 2020
    Ecology is same, if Earth is damaged we will blame the people for their lack of common sense.
    Ah I get it now. Thanks. I see why people are offended by the pack name now.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    That thumbs-down differential is seriously extreme. It leads me to distrust the down votes. Why all of a sudden would there 13,000 times more downvotes than ever before? It's not like Get Together, for example, was well received when the trailer came out. There's never been a comparable vote shift through all these packs. It reeks of fish.
    Yeah seems fishy to me too. I don't even think I have seen that many Simmers active in any of the social sites or livestreams. But people did say they are using multiple accounts to downvote it, so could be why it is rigged.
    Are you saying the negative votes are fake but the positive votes are real? I'm gladly one of those fake people who disliked it but seeing as some packs like University got 131K likes and Eco got 86K likes I say those numbers are there and people will do anything to pretend this pack is well received.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited May 2020
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    That thumbs-down differential is seriously extreme. It leads me to distrust the down votes. Why all of a sudden would there 13,000 times more downvotes than ever before? It's not like Get Together, for example, was well received when the trailer came out. There's never been a comparable vote shift through all these packs. It reeks of fish.
    Yeah seems fishy to me too. I don't even think I have seen that many Simmers active in any of the social sites or livestreams. But people did say they are using multiple accounts to downvote it, so could be why it is rigged.
    Are you saying the negative votes are fake but the positive votes are real? I'm gladly one of those fake people who disliked it but seeing as some packs like University got 131K likes and Eco got 86K likes I say those numbers are there and people will do anything to pretend this pack is well received.
    Well a Simmer did reveal to fake the numbers for the negative vote on these forums using multiple account. Honestly could see the positive votes being tweaked with multiple accounts too. I don't think either is accurate from a statistical standpoint. I think when it comes down to it, we will see how accurate the pack is received when it actually goes for sale like how MFP SP sold really well despite criticism towards it. I trust sales figures over social media stats that do have a chance of being tweaked especially since there is a silent majority that will end up buying the pack.

Also this was said which oddly enough the original Tweet got removed in which it was response to:
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    For all those throwing out "we voted for Eco Living to be a stuff pack only":

There are a lot of people who wanted Happy Haunts to win the more recent STUFF pack vote. But while the vote was going and ever since, many people also expressed how much they'd want it to become at least a game pack because as a stuff pack, it wouldn't include all the options.
    The same goes for eco living. There are many people who voted for all the other parts of what was originally presented as an eco pack, the community suggested features filled up a whole whiteboard. There are many builds on the gallery using the debug solar panels, many off the grid and eco homes, etc.

Yes, people voted for eco living as a stuff pack. Because that was the only option at the time. How many of those same people would've said yes had they been offered the option to make the pack bigger so more of the features (aka not just laundry) would be included? From the forums alone and how often "I wish laundry hadn't won over off the grid/eco" has been mentioned in the past year alone, I'm guessing plenty of players would have been happy. And plenty of people are happy with this pack.

At the end of the day, the devs saw how the community voted, saw the suggestions and responses and people lobbying for one or another feature for the theme and decided to give it to those who did.

Packs take time to make though. That vote was 2 years ago around when they first started the pack. They wouldn't just start making it then say oh people wanted happy haunts and throw out what they've done with eco lifestyle if they did they wouldn't have had anything to give us now since things take time to make wed be missing out on content. The only reason sims community thinks we don't want this is because they see other more current idea's. If they didn't show us the surveys a lot more people who be thrilled with this pack. With a lot of product "new" is always behind in the times.

This exactly.
    Because we don't get to see packs in progress or know what themes the team is working on until they're ready to release, I bet there are people who wanted the eco features to get more attention but assumed we're not getting them.

Would it be better if they'd show us the plan sooner? Maybe. But as the team said before, the contents of packs change as they're being developed. They could show us something that ends up not making it - for a variety of reasons - and then people who get their heart set on that feature would be annoyed and disappointed.

Unfortunately, instant gratification is a thing and there are enough loud people who will say "well, I wanted this two years ago, who cares anymore? I want other things now."
    Like you said, packs take time. Themes and suggestions we saw in the past six months in surveys and votes won't have a chance to come to light until next year at the earliest.
    edited May 2020
    At the end the result is always the same.

Players want Eco Lifestyle, Moschino Stuff, StrangerVille and My First Pet Stuff.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Players want Eco Lifestyle, Moschino Stuff, StrangerVille and My First Pet Stuff.

lol, I don't actually know anyone who gave a nice review of MFP pack. Or is still singing it's praises. People sometimes buy packs out of desperation to get some new content. No matter if it's a bag of poo.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

The way these packs sell is players might not want all the features in the pack but there might be one they want. Because everyone is different we may all like a single different feature in the pack and that is how it sells. At this point it will be hard for them to make a pack where a lot of people like everything about a pack. You might like the pollution in eco lifestyle someone might like the build/buy. But the reason why they now make more sales on packs is because of the fact that they reach out to more people. When seasons came out there where people who just didn't care for weather. Everything in that pack was tied to weather and holidays so if you didn't want that it would be a instant no buy. But packs like eco lifestyle have pollution, craft, community lots ect. They have a longer range of items so if you really hated pollution in the worlds you could justify buying it just for the craft and community lots. This is why pack sales are doing well, its because the packs now have more then 1 theme covered. Eco life style sales will soar because not only does it cover a few themes but also because its a pack that could change the way people play the game.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

lol, I don't actually know anyone who gave a nice review of MFP pack. Or is still singing it's praises. People sometimes buy packs out of desperation to get some new content. No matter if it's a bag of poo.

Funny story: I just this morning saw a tweet liking MFP. Amazingly, some people actually like having and use pet hamsters etc. It's not a "bag of poo" universally just cause some vocal people don't like it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Funny story: I just this morning saw a tweet liking MFP. Amazingly, some people actually like having and use pet hamsters etc. It's not a "bag of poo" universally just cause some vocal people don't like it.

I may not like it because it was a money grab. Pet clothes sold without any pets, hm, sounds like a money grab to me to get me to buy C&D.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    The way these packs sell is players might not want all the features in the pack but there might be one they want.

Of course, for example I purchased Cats & Dogs only for the CAS content and the world, that's why I didn't pay the full price.

Dislike the main theme doesn't mean dislike the whole pack.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Eco Living was one of the core themes voted on in the first community voted stuff pack a couple of years ago. In fact, it won.

Somehow it morphed into a full-on focus on laundry, but the core theme was in very high demand.
    Was it really in high demand? laundry won over it many people (obviously the majority) only voted eco because of laundry being lumped into the eco option of the vote which also had things like chickens as an option there was like 20 or more options in the eco catagory going against simple themes like weddings, arcade and "eco" won shocker.

People have been asking for some eco stuff like solar panels and windmills and such. I really think no one expected a whole expansion on it.

The laundrygate was a mixed bag. Some people were very upset that laundry was picked for the eco theme instead of real eco stuff. As I said, they are late. If they were going to please the masses, it should have been a long time ago and surely not a whole expansion.
    Even if it was a game pack, people would have complained it should have been in a SP and if it was a SP people would have said it should have been in a patch. There is just no pleasing people sometimes. It is not like EPs are the Sims 4 strong point anyways. GPs tend to perform and sell better than all the packs.

There in lies the problem and the frustration of the community. EPs should be the strong points considering they are asking for $40. So when a weak pack like Eco living is announced they cannot be surprised by the uproar.

On top of not being too happy with the pack, once again rotational players are not even taken into consideration. Apparently, the pollution will be in all worlds except destination and strangerville. So what happens when I swap households. I don't want all my sims working on the pollution or trying to maintain the green. Where does that leave me?? Turning off the major selling point of the pack...lovely.
    edited May 2020
    Delete
    EP Trailers - Stats :

Thumb Up
    1. EP08 Discover University 131K
    2. EP07 Island Living 118K
    3. EP04 Cats & Dogs 112K
    4. EP05 Seasons 89K
    5. EP09 Eco Lifestyle 86K
    6. EP06 Get Famous 55K
    7. EP03 City Living 35K
    8. EP02 Get Together 32K
    9. EP01 Get To Work 25K

Thumb Down
    1. EP09 Eco Lifestyle 35K
    2. EP08 Discover University 2.7K
    3. EP05 Seasons 1.5K
    4. EP04 Cats & Dogs 1.4K
    5. EP07 Island Living 1.1K
    6. EP02 Get Together 1K
    7. EP06 Get Famous 802
    8. EP03 City Living 568
    9. EP01 Get To Work 413

Despite the negative reaction, Eco Lifestyle is already the 5th favorite trailer right after Seasons.

70% of the reactions are positive.

I don't even know how much I believe these numbers. How do I know people are not double thumbing up when I know people were double thumbing down?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited May 2020
    keekee53 wrote: »
    On top of not being too happy with the pack, once again rotational players are not even taken into consideration. Apparently, the pollution will be in all worlds except destination and strangerville. So what happens when I swap households. I don't want all my sims working on the pollution or trying to maintain the green. Where does that leave me?? Turning off the major selling point of the pack...lovely.

This is, in my opinion, one of the more valid concerns, and as a rotational player myself, I will be watching this closely. However, I think it sounds manageable, since we should be able to toggle the pollution feature on and off. Granted, it's a bit of a pain to remember to change it between each household, but it should work that way.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Let’s not forget that most people only voted for the eco theme in the first community vote because it mentioned laundry. That’s why it won. If laundry and eco were two different stuff pack themes, laundry would’ve won. If laundry wasn’t mentioned, the eco theme would’ve most likely lost to dangerous stuff.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    edited May 2020
    @keekee53 @ChadSims2 @luthienrising @Scobre

The only thing I can tell is on May 7th there were 78K thumb up and 10K thumb down.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on