The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    No matter how hard I try, and I have seriously tried, I still haven't found a TS3 sim what does not look like pudding :(

You aren't wrong. lolol
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    - Sims 3 Generations is one of my least favorite expansion packs from sims 3 (Please don't shoot me)
    - I couldn't care less about farming, chores, nitting or mundane things like that in the Sims.
    - Get to work is a great pack for being the first expansion pack
    - I feel like all the current dlc is overpriced for it's quality and quantity. Would easily cut the prices in half tbh. It's hard to justify spending 40 euros on most of the expansions the game has brought.
    - Even though Sims is a life simulator, I love the random whacky things that can happen to your sims (abductions, male pregnancies ...)
    - Sims 4 is like a Utopia, it's boring unless you make your sims interesting
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @jonilla1 Wanna be BFFs? :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    No matter how hard I try, and I have seriously tried, I still haven't found a TS3 sim what does not look like pudding :(

(disclaimer: This IS unpopular opinions thread!)

Agreed 100%! Best way to put it :lol:

They all look the same to me with their pudgy round faces.
    giphy.gif
  • AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    1. The lack of afro-textured hair in the game is d i s g r a c e f u l and I'm frankly offended by the base game ones. They should do a patch update during black history month with a bunch of afro-textured hairs (especially for kids and toddlers)
    2. I really want preteens, even if the teenagers are updated to be less like YA
    3. I'd prefer if they hold off on disabilities until the sims 5
    4. Alpha hair and clothing sets off a fight or flight response in me but I actually like combinations of alpha skin but MM hair
    5. I absolutely hate how puppies work in the sims 4, there is no reason they should be so potato looking and frustrating to take care of
    6. I find realism purist obnoxious and entitled
    7. Not only do I prefer cartoony styles, but I want the sims 5 to look even more so
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2020
    I really dont care about a farming pack and have this to say to everyone going around whining "we wanted farming", um you wanted it. Im not you and I didnt want it.

You shouldnt complain if you buy an occult pack knowing you dont like occults and then get mad that you see occults are doing occult things. I mean, do you order a rare hamburger and then throw a fit when you see how pink it is inside?

Eco lifestyle's meat wall is AWESOME.

Im glad that the community doesnt vote on 99% of the packs we get. Otherwise the game would be nothing but mundane household chores.

I dont understand players who say there is either none or not enough realism/family play. I dont think the game is lacking in that department.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't like open world.
    giphy.gif
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited May 2020
    Graphics aren't that important to me in a game like the sims. Good graphics are a nice perk but good gameplay and/or story always comes first.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    The worlds in sims 4 are very beautiful but sometimes it feels like too much set dressing. For example glimmer brook is nice but it had how many lots compared to areas of trees?

Toddlers aren't difficult. Controlling them is like controlling any other life stage.

I really like dine out and while it is buggy. It doesn't happen often enough to swear it off.

Cars would be pointless in Sims 4.

I don't need a farming pack for animals just an update to fertilize all option. If I can harvest fruits and veggies in bulk and then sell them or make juices to make profit I'll be happy.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    Oh, I have so many...here we go:lol:

1. The Sims 3 is the worst game in the series.
    2. The Sims 2 is not the best game in the series.
    3. The Sims 4 is the best game in the series so far.
    4. The Sims 3 Sims look like pudding.
    5. The open world was unnecessary.
    6. University is the most boring expansion ever.
    7. Sims 4 babies are fine as they are right now.
    8. Farming EP? No thanks, hate it.
    9. There is enough family play in Sims 4, no need for an expansion or game pack.
    10. The Sims 4 does not need cars. They would be pointless.
    11. I don't need or want The Sims 5 to be released soon.
    12. Alpha CC is ugly.
    13. Elders in any sims iteration are boring.
    14. So are toddlers and babies.
    15. I don't want preteens in Sims 4 or in any future games either.
    16. Someone else should make The Sims 5, maybe Paradox Interactive?
    17. Not sims related but kinda is: Paralives looks rubbish and will be a disappointment.

Phew...I think that's all.

I agree with 80% of these.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    And I don’t care that babies are objects. They kind of are in real life that’s why you use “it” to refer to a baby.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: free travel among all worlds across a save is better than a single open world per save.

I'll scream this from the rooftops.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Summer Holiday isn't even cute
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Unpopular opinion: free travel among all worlds across a save is better than a single open world per save.

I agree with this. I like the interconnected worlds.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Skins and eye color cc doesn't look good and I never use them. (Plus it messes with genetics)
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    Toddlers have more than enough gameplay, and elders don't have enough
    giphy.gif
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member

Actually I think I use each pack's content a lot more because I can travel to all worlds. Even though EPs are smaller, I use each feature more!
  • Merricat94Merricat94 Posts: 46 Member
    I absolutely do not care about adding anymore interactions with babies, oop
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,863 Member
    I could care less about free babies, I only hope it will happen to have less whining, I will instant age babies still, JUST like I do at Sims2 (testing cheats on, shift+click and AGE baby, in TS2).
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I am one of those utopian, everything-must-be-perfect-and-happy players. I have tried and tried to add drama to my gameplay but every time I do I get really sad and anxious and start over.

Sims to me is an escape from the pain of real life.

However, I am not against other people wanting more bad events in the game at all. I want that, too. I just hope there are ways to avoid them like there are now.
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    Graphics aren't that important to me in a game like the sims. Good graphics are a nice perk but good gameplay and/or story always comes first.

THIS so much! I never cared about pudding faced Sims 3, didn't even notice it until everyone started complaining about it.
    I mean, i think the trend towards games like Minecraft and other minimal-graphic games prove we prefer: story, animation, action over graphics.
    PLUS so many people returning to Sims 2 happily.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Toddlers have more than enough gameplay, and elders don't have enough

Strongly agree. I'd love to see more innovative development for Elders.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2020
    jimbbq wrote: »
    And I don’t care that babies are objects. They kind of are in real life that’s why you use “it” to refer to a baby.

Sorry but what parent do you know call their baby it? 😓
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top