Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2020 (Out Now)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Putting this up because it's the pre ep patch. The Eco EP is out on Pc and Consoles on June 5th so we can expect a big patch for both pc and consoles. Consoles I"m hoping will have console related bug fixes as lots of people are crashing when traveling on consoles.

Already confirmed is Ladders for the base game. I was hoping we might get cars in the pre ep patch but I don't think it will happen now since I didn't see any electric cars in the trailer.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cars would be nice. I do hope that they bring them soon. Hard enough being reminded that I don't drive around as much as I used to and makes me feel how isolated Sims are. I heard pack might get scooters.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Bring in the Cars Please
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    As much as I'd love it, I don't think cars are in this.
    Probably the ladders, maybe some rooftop stuff and bugfixes.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    As much as I'd love it, I don't think cars are in this.

The Gurus have already confirmed that ladders are in the pre-ep patch :)
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    maybe the green roof as well... i could see that...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I don't think there will be driveable cars. There were a couple of lots with driveways, but I think that's just EA trolling.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Jean wrote: »

I've seen what looked like a flat green roof in the trailer, so maybe the patch has (finally) a flat roof, not just 2° and more (or how much is the lowest incline). That'd be nice. There might be some other system changes (such as rework for the off-the-grid trait to work with the renewable energy sources).

I really hope they'll add body hair (would fit an eco-friendly pack because shaving is a pointless waste of energy) but I did not see anything hinting such a possibility in the trailer.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    What, we get no bug fixes in May??? :'(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No worries we will. If anything is constant, it is bug fixes. I've already reported a couple of build bugs with things disappearing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    if cars were patched in for basegame, before this EP, and they had an eco-friendly car option included in the eco EP, i'd pay $40

like, when i think eco-lifestyle the first thought is eco-friendly cars, idk

i just can't believe its been over 5 years, they had no big patches for a very long time, and still nothing on the car front.
    I am gonna be honest here, what is the use of cars in sims 4? the bikes there are long beach areas and the university buildings for and woods where we can use them... Cars nothing really? i mean i guess it would be nice to put my characters in a car instead of making her run home from visiting a friend it might speed it up a little... but there arent that long roads...
  • StevieSaysStevieSays Posts: 207 Member
    Fixing the water bug, and less difficult university play. IDK, I feel like a lot of the expansion/game pack play is too isolated. Like, you can play Parenthood or University or Vampires if you ONLY play your parent/child, student, or vampire. It's just too difficult to get anything meaningful accomplished without turning aging off. Didn't mean to rant there, but it'd be nice to see more realistic gameplay.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    StevieSays wrote: »
    Fixing the water bug, and less difficult university play. IDK, I feel like a lot of the expansion/game pack play is too isolated. Like, you can play Parenthood or University or Vampires if you ONLY play your parent/child, student, or vampire. It's just too difficult to get anything meaningful accomplished without turning aging off. Didn't mean to rant there, but it'd be nice to see more realistic gameplay.

I don't know that you need to turn aging off. I get a lot done with just Long Lifespan. Heck, I'm often aging up kids early because they've completed all four aspirations. And I've played Spellcaster families in a previous save and gotten everyone to virtuoso. (I don't play Vampire families because I get bored with vampires quickly.)

On topic... We're getting ladders, so anything else is likely just bug fixes. We might get a few other suitable deco items and/or CAS items. An actual flat roof would be nice (as opposed to a second floor used as a roof, so it can have eaves.)

My ideal would be enough bug fixes that I can remove all the bug fix mods from my mods folder. And again, I'm only interested in them fixing real bugs (like things that throw up Last Exceptions, or cause the Sim to reset or otherwise cause problems.) not "I wish this feature behaved this way instead of that way" so-called-bugs. (Like things that should be fun not being fun. That should be part of a larger trait overhaul which I'm hoping is on the docket for later this year.)
    I never have age on... if i want my sims aged up i will do that myself, i have always hated the lifetime reward system in sims 3 and sims freeplay... probably the thing i disliked the most ever... like i wanted my sims dead to get points or stuff... nope thank you very much... not for me... i think no expansion or gamepack or stuff pack is meant to fit everyone's game play... or choice of play... i see a lot of youtubers saying Parenthood fits everyone and you dont need a specific type of play for it to work, like vampirers or university or get famous... but i actually dont agree, as you need to play families for it to be anything... for it to give you a good gameplay... and not everyone plays families with children all the time... I think it is a fine pack... i just dont use it all the time... i use dining out way more to take my simmers out to places for dates, and dinners...
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Well, I guess I'm hoping for an update to the OTG lot trait, which will include adding more of the lights that aesthetically look like they would work OTG to actually work OTG. Maybe some sort of positive moodlets for living OTG (right now I can only think of the Uncomfortable moodlets that come with brackish water). Idk, my brain can't see beyond the opportunity this patch has for improving OTG so I hope the team has thought of things I can't think of.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2020

There may be a Patch in May I just put this one up early cause it's about the Pre EP Patch since we now know the Expansion Pack is out on June 12th.

You know I wonder if the June Patch will add the nose rings from the Eco Expansion Pack or if those are just locked to that pack.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I would like to see the sims not finishing their meals in restaurants, active sims constantly stressed about lack of exercise and disappearing objects bugs fixed.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think they said something about it being a big bug update, so we wouldn't be getting lots of new things, but rather a huge update that fixes a lot of bugs at once.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    We already know about ladders and I'm guessing the bulk of the rest is going to be back-end prep for the EP.
    Maybe the grass roofs will be included in the patch.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Watch them surprise us with deco/fixer-upper cars. I mean, cars as something our sims can interact with aren't in the game, but cars as background animated/debug objects already are, so maybe adding cars won't need this major expansion we keep expecting them to be in...

Or maybe I'm just going stir- crazy...
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited May 2020
    Would be nice for the devs to patch out neighborhood loading screens, so that you can visit anyone in the same world like you could back in the sims 3.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think they said something about it being a big bug update, so we wouldn't be getting lots of new things, but rather a huge update that fixes a lot of bugs at once.

Hope that includes the alien face glitch.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    Would be nice for the devs to patch out neighborhood loading screens, so that you can visit anyone in the same world like you could back in the sims 3.

There is a mod coming for this.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I think cars are coming very very soon. The trailer has so many clues. The bus stop in the render, the fact that there is NO cars driving by anywhere in the trailer on the roads. When the girl is walking through the ally car alarms are going off and there is a train station. Not to mention the fact that everyone is so quiet about this pack.