Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims moving out?

I Have two questions about sims moving out of town. Currently I’m living in Bridgeport

I was reading the newspaper, and I got a notification from it that the littler family have moved out to the suburbs I think? What does this mean? The littlers still exist in my game As Reuben is still my sims boss, but will they eventually disappear?

My second question, is that my sim was in a relationship with marina prattle, that sim and her household then completely disappeared from my game following a party at their apartment.
However, according to my sims scrapbook he is still in a relationship and has been for the last twenty days (she moved out the day they started their relationship) how can I make this go away as he has entered a new relationship and always the option to “confess to cheating” because of it. Is this just a glitch that will never go away?

Comments

• SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    @Burniboy2002 Do you have Story Progression, either EA's or Nraas, turned on? If so all sorts of unexpected and sometimes unwanted things can happen in your game. If you want maximum control of things just keep it turned off.

For your second question, try buying your sim the Lifetime Reward "Clean Slate". "Allows you start over in the world of romance. No more reputation... No more hurt feelings!"
  • Burniboy2002Burniboy2002 Posts: 46 Member
    Ahh it’s probably just a random story progression chance then! Thank you!

And also thanks for that tip! Hopefully that will fix the glitch with Marina!
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Ahh it’s probably just a random story progression chance then! Thank you!

And also thanks for that tip! Hopefully that will fix the glitch with Marina!

I hope it will, at least it's worth a try. :)
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited May 2020
    When the game notify you that 'such and such' has moved out, it is only letting you know that their former lot is now available for you to move your Sims into. Think of it as the 'Now Available' portion of a real estate system.

As for your second question. Households can separate if that is what the Sim desires. Sometimes, the Sims will stay in the game (the current town) and other times they will leave to a place where we cannot access but they are still active and can be called back from. Usually, it is un-played Sims who will leave the game 'world' but not the game. EA put measures in place a long time ago to stop 'played' Sims from having the ability to leave the game world. Also, households do not have to move as a whole. If a Sim who is a part of a household decides to leave that household leaving the others behind, they can.

SuzyCue72 is totally correct. The system which controls these actions (moving) are governed by Story Progression.

Also, a word of caution about the 'Clean Slate' reward. Using it will wipe out all information about the couple as if they never had been in a relationship. I used it with a married Sim who was wanting a divorce and the game arranged it so that they never were married or had even dated in the first place.
  • ReissReiss Posts: 1 New Member
    (Hi this is my first post sorry if I make any mistakes regarding how to post the stuff!)

I'm playing Sims 3 and have Seasons, University and Supernatural exchange packs activated. I've read a lot of stuff about sims moving out and story progression and such, and finally found this thread. Recently a family moved out of town and I know now it is because of story progression, but why would they when 3 out of 4 of my sims were in a relationship with their family(only 3 people in the family), and even though they are not living in the town anymore they're still dating my sims and sending love letters/asking them out on dates and I can also send love letters back, but they aren't in my friends list thing and the only way I can interact with them is through the love letters?? Please help me be less confused ahaha
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited May 2020
    Welcome! Unfortunately, the EA method of moving families out of town is rather sloppy, as you could see in the above example of those romantic interests that won't go away. Anyway, if you can still go on dates with them, they are at least still in the pool of homeless sims and not gone completely. If you can't and they are gone from your relationship panel, you are dealing with remnant data that is still left in your game files, but the sims themselves have been deleted by the game. There's nothing you can do about it at that point. You could probably give you the points needed for the clean slate award via Master Controller, because you are basically fixing a game bug. Your best option would be to revert to an earlier savegame, if you have one.

If you have the resources, NRaas Story Progression will solve issues like that in the future. Situations like that won't occur then anymore, and nobody will be moved out of town, unless you want it. Note though that the mod does much more than just one thing, which means it may be a bit intimidating at the start to get the settings exactly as you want them.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    "Moved to the suburbs" means they're homeless sims now. It's different than getting nuked entirely.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • rubytinkerrubytinker Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks, I'm learning so much from reading posts. I didn't realize Moved to the Suburbs meant homeless.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    @InfraGreen - Gettting "Nuked" generally means trouble in "my games". :smirk:
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg
    Yeah, let's just say that sims are never happy in my apocalypse games. ~evil smirk~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~