Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So 3 packs having Eco Living elements wasn't enough aye?

1234568...Next

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    peragogo wrote: »
    If this is "enough" for eco-friendly packs, then I think we've had "enough" packs for rich people. Moschino, Get Famous, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party.

I like that there's more of a down-and-out vibe to Eco Lifestyle, like Strangerville had. I like more stuff for normal sims to get into.
    Seriously. City Living was such a rich people pack too. Getting bored of them. It is like people have had rich people packs for 5 years now, isn't that enough?

To be fair it is almost literally impossible to NOT be stupidly rich within a generation in Sims 4. You almost have to cheat money away to not beating the Landgraabs before your first kids are YA.
    Unless I cheat money in, my Sims struggle for money every generation, because they don't go to work and are too busy with their 7 kids to paint/sell etc haha. They arealways broke and a rags to riches isnt' my gameplay style though for most saves, so I just cheat themoney in whenever I want them to buy something
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    peragogo wrote: »
    If this is "enough" for eco-friendly packs, then I think we've had "enough" packs for rich people. Moschino, Get Famous, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party.

I like that there's more of a down-and-out vibe to Eco Lifestyle, like Strangerville had. I like more stuff for normal sims to get into.
    Seriously. City Living was such a rich people pack too. Getting bored of them. It is like people have had rich people packs for 5 years now, isn't that enough?

To be fair it is almost literally impossible to NOT be stupidly rich within a generation in Sims 4. You almost have to cheat money away to not beating the Landgraabs before your first kids are YA.
    True it is really easy to make money in the game. I was happy Sims 4 University pack did have a financial system included with it. Like finally there was a way to combat the inflation in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Players have been voting for this for 6 years.
  • KTZKTZ Posts: 25 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Which players,where,when,how?
    Look at all the feedback from the community,even here on EA's unholy ground,let alone other communities across the web. Only hardcore supporters and those who gave up on reality are like "yeah,we are cool with whatever garbage (literally) you throw at us".
    What the players have been asking for these 6 years is more actual content and DEPTH,the Sims4 started out as little more than a shadow of what the Sims 3 was. And 6 years later we are still not too much further from where we started.
    Now there's talk of the 5th instalment,and honestly I'm dreading to see what that will end up to be,an even shallower form of the 4th?
    I understand that some people want to hold on to every straw and be grateful for *any* content,but this has went beyond insolence to the fan base which poured hundreds and hundreds of bucks into the game.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    People paid for Seasons to affect their games. We still don't know how Eco Living will affect other worlds.

When we had our first Community Stuff Pack we were given several choices, with lists of ideas for what would go into it.

People picked Laundry Day. I mean, a lot of people. And not because they wanted to do laundry. Because some of the ideas the Devs had were for green living. When it was just Laundry, a lot of people were disappointed and mentioned how they'd wanted more green living.

And Eco Living takes all the things that didn't fit in a Stuff Pack, and pretty much finishes it off. Hopefully it will also round out the 'Off The Grid' playstyle.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    KTZ wrote: »

Which players,where,when,how?
    Look at all the feedback from the community,even here on EA's unholy ground,let alone other communities across the web. Only hardcore supporters and those who gave up on reality are like "yeah,we are cool with whatever garbage (literally) you throw at us".
    What the players have been asking for these 6 years is more actual content and DEPTH,the Sims4 started out as little more than a shadow of what the Sims 3 was. And 6 years later we are still not too much further from where we started.
    Now there's talk of the 5th instalment,and honestly I'm dreading to see what that will end up to be,an even shallower form of the 4th?
    I understand that some people want to hold on to every straw and be grateful for *any* content,but this has went beyond insolence to the fan base which poured hundreds and hundreds of bucks into the game.

As someone who wanted eco-friendly gameplay and who voted for "off the grid" options in the first Community voted stuff pack, I have been wanting a lot of the elements in this pack for ages, probably even from before that first vote. I wasn't thrilled that Laundry machines won instead, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised by them, the system, the washbasin etc. I am also a family-oriented/ realistic player, and I have also been wanting things like improved babies, new memory and attraction systems, better relationships, traits, emotions and moodlets etc. I don't think these elements are mutually exclusive or that you can divide players into camps like that. Plenty of us want it all, and understand that it will have to be portioned out slowly over time. Yes, I want improved babies but I am delighted to get some eco-friendly gameplay at last, including new appliances that work with the off the grid system and the ability to recycle at long last. As for Sims 5, ugh, I am not ready for Sims 5 and I really hope they hold off on releasing it for awhile longer. Luckily, according to the gurus, we have a few more years of content left for sims 4, which hopefully means that we will get things like improved babies and better personalities and more depth before the end.

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I dont know how you can possibly expand game play on eco living. After you've rid the pollution, then what...wait for the next pollution storm to hit? It definitely could been a game pack or had all put into one pack
    giphy.gif

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I dont know how you can possibly expand game play on eco living. After you've rid the pollution, then what...wait for the next pollution storm to hit? It definitely could been a game pack or had all put into one pack

From what I understand pollution control is an on going process, just like in real life. If your Sims slack then the pollution will gradually build back up. It's how your Sims lifestyles affect the world around them. That's how I see it.
    giphy.gif
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would definitely say this, this better be the last pack for eco friendly stuff, because their is more important things this game needs more , I do love the sims 4 but family gameplay needs worked on, in depth relationships and personalities, I personally think kids and toddlers are perfect with the parenthood pack, nothing that a hobbie pack wouldn't solve but babies, teens and elders, we need the classic npc back burglars, police, firefighters and social services , more romance interactions such as slow dancing, online dating, woohooty text and CARS !

I also hope they make a happy haunts game pack in the future, spirit boards, crystal ball, supernatural careers and zombies, zombies could be sims resurrected that went wrong
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

I've never seen any thread asking for this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

I've never seen any thread asking for this.

Same lol..
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I think people are judging the pack to harshly. Just because Island Living and Laundry day had Eco-friendly elements does not mean that Eco Lifestyle is copying them. In fact, I think that Eco Lifestyle is coming because Laundry Day was so well received by the community, even if it wasn't by everybody.

I mean, you can see where they're coming from. The whole 'lead an eco-friendly lifestyle' has been really prominent across the news in the last few years, and there have been a lot of complaints lately about how the Sims is too childish - this is the chance for gameplay to engage an older audience whilst still promoting a very important message. Plus, eco-friendly is a monumental theme. Just because it was touched on in a couple of other smaller packs doesn't mean they're recycling content. That's like getting a green couch in one pack and then getting angry that there's a green couch in another one.

And in the end if you don't like it, just ignore it.

Hi :)
    if people don't like the look of the pack. some will post why they don't like it.
    we are on a forum after all. not everybody will like every pack.
    in general,
    wherever somebody posts a dislike about a pack.
    why at times it seems to offend some players who like the look of a pack.

so if I don't like the look of a pack I shouldn't post why and just ignore it?

happy simming
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone, as it seems this conversation run its course and we have similar ones on the forum, I'm going to lock this thread.

There were several different points commented here so if you feel your particular topic doesn't have an active discussion already (ask search bar ;) ), go ahead and open a new topic >> https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top