Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to purchase Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I would vote maybe, I never pre order but.... this pack is a bit interesting since it actually affects the game all across packs and worlds for once. This should be praised as I remember many complaints about packs being too isolated.
  • Options
    kayen_keagenkayen_keagen Posts: 53 Member
    Yes
    Maybe if it goes on sale and I see gameplay about it that interest me. But my first thought was no. Not gonna get it. Doesn’t interest me. But who knows my mind can change
  • Options
    EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    Yes
    I'm waiting for a sale though.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I'm probably waiting for the Knitting SP and the upcoming GP so I can bundle it
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    It looks cool but the modder I follow doesn’t want to update his mods again so I don’t know if I’ll bother. Otherwise I’d probably wait for a sale or at least bundle it with the upcoming stuff and game pack.

which moder @QueenMercy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It looks cool but the modder I follow doesn’t want to update his mods again so I don’t know if I’ll bother. Otherwise I’d probably wait for a sale or at least bundle it with the upcoming stuff and game pack.

which moder @QueenMercy

Coolspear/Dr Chillgood (depending on the place.)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes

You realise this is the fault of the Modder, not EA? It's the modder's job to keep their mods up to date. Also, future free updates will probably make your mods defunct anyway.

Not that you have to get the pack but 'because it will break my mods' is a really bad reason not to, since it keeps you from getting future important packs too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    This will be the first pack that I'm not buying. My sims already pick up enough garbage when they visit any public venue. I really don't want an entire expansion based on it. So, a big no from me.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Yes
    Good poll. I voted "Yes" because EA is giving me a free copy. :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes

lol good one @SimGuruGraham
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Yes
    Yes!! It’s a perfect fit for my Miko Ojo, who dedicated her life to clean up Mua Pel’am, so I guess she has a new project now :)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    Peppermix wrote: »
    Yes!! It’s a perfect fit for my Miko Ojo, who dedicated her life to clean up Mua Pel’am, so I guess she has a new project now :)

Like the ENTIRE WORLD.

You know I bet we'll get new Lot Traits. Like some sort of 'eco lot' trait that is cleaner for some reason.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Yes
    Yes, already have! It may not be my first choice of EP (but then neither was Uni!) but I can see elements I want to bring in to my game and the price I paid made it worth it.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited May 2020
    Not at full price, but once it's put on sale, I think it likely. I like the eco-idea, and I have some Sims who it's perfect for. Sometimes promising concepts are handled clumsily, though..for instance, in Cities Skylines, the 'green' residential lots are all ugly and grassless, so I don't use them at all and the only benefit I get from the pack is some better sewage plants.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes

944e3e20861b7f61b1178afec264e442--picture-comments-profile-pictures.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    Yes
    Probably
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    Nah, I can use that money to buy food and things that are actually useful
  • Options
    RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Yes
    Still going to wait to see what else comes out with the pack, but I reckon I will! I always feel like the expansion packs are worth it for one reason or another, and I trust the team will bring us some amazing stuff with this one :) even with hated packs like Island Living, I feel like it added a lot which I really enjoy! So I reckon I'll succumb to buying it.

Also... the weird meat plant thing looks sick, so I'm excited for that. And pollution... never thought about it in the Sims before but after the trailer I'm buzzing!! And I love playing humble sims who grow plants and fish and craft, so it looks like my type of pack. (I don't really understand any of the hate towards it, but that's probably because I love everything the pack is offering so far :D )
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I'm waiting for the livestream.

This pack seems to have lot more going for it than just recycling so I am a little more interested than I was at the beginning. I also liked that all worlds will be affected, that could lead to me playing a lot of households if the gameplay is fun.

That will pretty much decide it for me, if collecting trash and doing other things will feel like a chore (like robotics from DU, I liked the things you could craft but it took such a long time and it was so frustrating to buy parts), then I will probably wait for a sale.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I am looking forward to this pack, however I will be waiting for a sale or see what else pops up and try to wait for a bundle deal lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes
    Im pretty interested in it. Though I may wait for a sale beforehand or ask for it for my birthday.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    ... when it goes on sale for 50% off!

Have you noticed though that 50% off a EP is about the same price as 25% off a GP? ;)

Clever marketing.

In the US, 50% off an EP is the price of a GP ($20). 25% off of a GP is $15.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Nada. I'm seeing multiple complaints that it simply recycles previous content... repackaged to be sold all over again. Guess that would fit since it's theme is recycling. I can't wait for the "Yes, Another Loading Screen" or "BUGS!!! BUGS!!! EVEN MORE BUGS!!!" expansions.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    There needs to be a 'maybe/undecided' option for those of us who prefer to do the necessary research first. Assuming they still trust EA in the first place. Of late they have been promising big but delivering little, with much wailing and bemoaning in the forums.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Yes
    I'm going to buy it I just don't know when. I do know that it will be after mods that I use are updated and glitches are fixed by Maxis or by modders.