Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Features and Thoughts

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so agree with Geralt_ofRivia & Somewhsome.

I've been very concerned with my worlds not looking normal. I will only be willing to buy
    Sims 4 Eco Living if they have a turn off switch for the pollution.

I still wish they came up with a turn off switch for
    Strangerville. I never could get my sims to defeat the Motherplant, even though my sims got all the things to fight her.
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I really enjoyed nectar making and the canning station in the Sims 3, so I'm definitely looking forward to those features the most in this pack! So far I've spotted what appears to be:

Fizzy Juice in Bottles:
    -Apple and Dragonfruit (Green)
    -Strawberry and Pomegranate (Pink)
    -Plantain and Blackberry (Blue)
    -Grape (Light Purple)
    -Something I can't identify, possibly a new harvestable (Dark Purple)

Fizzy Juice in Cans:
    -Apple and Dragonfruit (Green)
    -presumably the other Juice flavours will also be included

Jams/Preserves in Jars:
    -1 Orange and 2 different Light Purple (can't identify label)
    -Some with Silver lids, some with Gold lids (maybe some are jams, some are preserves, or maybe this has been trimmed down and I'm overthinking)

Something else in Bottles (Nectar?):
    -Dark Green Bottles (shaped differently to the Juice Bottles)
    -Have a Logo on the label instead of fruit
    -Probably less detailed than in the Sims 3

Yet another different Bottle on a tray with Glasses:
    -Possibly a decor item
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Pollution can affect all worlds! Love it. But I wonder how bad the consequences are in a polluted world? I hope it is not just sims playing coughing animation that’s it. Maybe they will get sick , poison rain , no more snow in winter and super hot summer !
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Pollution can affect all worlds! Love it. But I wonder how bad the consequences are in a polluted world? I hope it is not just sims playing coughing animation that’s it. Maybe they will get sick , poison rain , no more snow in winter and super hot summer !

That's my concern... i'm also afraid that if actually it has big consequences that it gets toned down if people don't like it... i hope it does changes the world in a meaningfull way...
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member

@jimbbq It's also been confirmed that we will be able to "pause" the pollution, etc per save. So if you have a save where you don't want the pollution you can pause/turn it off.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

Do I see a fishing sign on the little island? Can we go there to fish? I've never seen that little island before.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    @crocobaura it's not an island, more like a peninsula behind Willow Creek library. I think a fishing sign has always been there.
    @crocobaura it's not an island, more like a peninsula behind Willow Creek library. I think a fishing sign has always been there.

Oh thanks. That makes sense. :)
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Is the second pic from Evergreen harbor? Or an old world?

I think that's also Willow Creek.
  • Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    Wow it looks beautiful I really can’t wait now :)
    It seems that this expansion will change the worlds in a beautifull way (and in a bad way too, if poluted). I really can't wait!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited May 2020
    Since Seasons, even the prettiest neighborhoods in my game have often been dull and overcast, sort of grey looking as though in a permanent twilight, so I am totally on board with the brightness and gorgeous lighting in these images.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yes, it's the same place from different angle.

Also:

I wonder what this means? Maybe a pollution meter to show any change?
    giphy.gif
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    THanks @somewhsome for Frost's post!

For clarification, @SimGuruGeorge 's posts are NOT the new world. They're Willow Creek with a new "look" that's pack-specific.

True but they were of the positive effects of a pollution free Willow Creek after it is cleaned up. So it is showing the effects of the pack after Willow Creek is cleaned up using the new pollution system. Thus it is relevant to this thread.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yes, it's the same place from different angle.

Also:

I wonder what this means? Maybe a pollution meter to show any change?

Maybe for tracking the eco-footprint of the household/world?
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

Aurora borealis in Willow Creek! 😍
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

I have to be honest, I've asked for the eco-footprint feature to affect all worlds, but I don't like seeing the aurora borealis in ALL worlds. It makes no sense to me. It should've been exclusive to northern worlds like Windenburg and Evergreen Harbor... It also takes the uniqueness from me wanting to move to EH and fix it.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'm just waiting for them to show the negative pollution effects in the older world
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've always loved seeing the northern lights, however it doesn't really make sense to see it in all the worlds. I've been born & raised in Canada & only got to see the actual northern lights a few times in my whole life. The northern lights don't appear everywhere. But this is just a game & it's make believe.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've always loved seeing the northern lights, however it doesn't really make sense to see it in all the worlds. I've been born & raised in Canada & only got to see the actual northern lights a few times in my whole life. The northern lights don't appear everywhere. But this is just a game & it's make believe.

I've never seen the northern lights, but I read that it is difficult to see them from a city due to light pollution at night. They look nice, even if they are out of place in Willow Creek, though I am not sure how much I will see them in game as I don't usually see fireworks either, my in game camera doesn't go too high up.
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I like the northern lights in the new world but I'm not sure I like them appearing in every world, it contradicts the established geography.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm not sure about the Aurora Borealis appearing everywhere too :/. I don't know about 'established geography' (is there even any?), but I have my own map of where each region is located on the sims 4 globe and I hope it doesn't mess that up. Or I can imagine the Aurora Borealis appear everywhere because sims magic I guess. I'm interested to see how it works.
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

@jimbbq It's also been confirmed that we will be able to "pause" the pollution, etc per save. So if you have a save where you don't want the pollution you can pause/turn it off.

Can you point me in the direction of where that was confirmed? If I can 'pause' the pollution for a certain save then I will buy the pack.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg