Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims are suddenly obsessed with reading.

My new (geek trait, admittedly) freelancer keeps stopping his work in order to go grab a book. ? :|

Comments

• kittengamer2009kittengamer2009 Posts: 6 New Member
    same it's so weird although my sim that keeps doing it is a book worm so......
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Could be placement of the bookshelf maybe? I've noticed if I put a television too close to the kitchen near the oven the sims will often stop in the middle of preparing food to go watch TV. Also happens if you put a garden too close to an oven. Had a garden right outside a kitchen and my sims would start talking to the plants while preparing food.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm just glad I play with autonomy off. This kind of behaviour would drive me mad.
    Tbh I think that's your best bet, turn autonomy off (for the selected sim).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited May 2020
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Could be placement of the bookshelf maybe?

Very good point. I believe the book stacks now act as functional bookcases. There is one on the shelf right on his desk.. :o
    He started the think about “browse books” before continuing with work, that’ll be okay. If it interrupts too many times the books may have to go..

edited May 2020
    same it's so weird although my sim that keeps doing it is a book worm so......

This dude is a geek, good and neat. Actually, I came at one point to find him cleaning the desk instead of practicing programming once.. :* Had out a spray bottle and all.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yay reading! Could be the good trait since reading makes people happy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChanneyChanney Posts: 27 Member
    It happened toe as well. My sim is a freelance programer and was fine until we moved into a new house. Then that's all he would do. I took the bookcase out of his office but he would still stop and go downstairs. So eventually I just took all the books out of the bookcase and sold them all.
  • StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    Yeah I also think it's the new decor-functioning-as-a-bookcase. I've had the same thing happen, but when I deleted the bookcase on the desk it stopped, even though there are many 'big' bookcases around the room.
    I found Autonomy Scan from MCCC Tuner stopped him trying to read every other minute or so. It was awesome!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I'll have to be on the lookout for this, though my current Sim is actually pretty good at staying on task. His random urge seems to be to go talk to strangers outside his building.

I'd hate to have to curtail bookshelf placement, however, because something to read is handy for house guests, when he needs to crack on with career obligations, and they aren't too busy grabbing another glass of water. ;)
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I had this happen as well... The funny part was that my sim's mood was "very focused" at the time. Very focused on not doing what I'm telling them to do!
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited May 2020
    It annoys me when a sim grabs a book, walks to the other end of the house to sit, flips through the book for like two seconds, then puts it away.

I can't remember having this interaction stop my sim from working (ex: cooking or writing) though. Having autonomy off for a selected sim probably helps.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    That’s my life.

I love when sims do what I’d do lol. Even if it can be annoying sometimes.