Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've just got this feeling that this is one of those things that most people are like awww naw 😂 then actually end up loving it, I was like that with laundry day, I'll be honest I was like sims community really?, it turns out accidentally I love it lol, sometimes not everything is what it seems, You'll live a happy, calm life the moment you stop comparing things and expecting things, you might find yourself accidentally enjoying things for what they are😊
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I've just got this feeling that this is one of those things that most people are like awww naw 😂 then actually end up loving it, I was like that with laundry day, I'll be honest I was like sims community really?, it turns out accidentally I love it lol, sometimes not everything is what it seems, You'll live a happy, calm life the moment you stop comparing things and expecting things, you might find yourself accidentally enjoying things for what they are😊

This though, I stopped expecting Sims 4 to be Sims 2 or 3 4 years ago and it's been a better experience ever since lol
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    it reminds me off Sulani you get to clean to make it flourish so not sure for me
    Exactly 😊 know when your constantly comparing and expecting stuff of course your going to be disappointed all the time, its actually quite exhausting aswell 😂, me and you have this figured out lol @Ravenna
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Meh. I seriously wish it were a farming pack instead.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    To me, this is a very interesting pack! I’m a completionist at heart so I will no doubt be pre-ordering this EP come payday. There’s a lot here that I could see myself using at one stage or another, but not all the time and I don’t mind that!

Sims 4 to me is never going to be the same as The Sims, Sims 2 or Sims 3 but that in itself is a good thing because whenever I have gone back to a game there is always *something* that I’ve picked up as missing.

I think if people were more understanding that future iterations if a game will eventually move beyond what the original concept was and took up the challenge of seeing how they could work these new and intriguing EP, GP and SP they would be more happier for it.

The Sims has been around for such a long time, and I still have fond memories of each iteration, but having the expectation that the game will be the same every single time they overhaul things isn’t realistic.

I’m all for these new themes coming down the track and I’m excited to see what’s in store for Sims in the future. I will admit I am secretly hoping for more family play though Parenthood has to be my FAVOURITE of the Sims 4. It was iconic alongside Seasons. 😍
    'Awww naw' English translation means 'oh no', sorry guys my Scottish slipped up there 😂
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @SimTrippy Fair enough. And if they did this like seasons with different weather for each world, and made pollution levels naturally higher and faster accumulating in places like the new world and San Myshuno and lower and slower accumulating in tiny towns like Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook, then I could probably get behind pollution in every world.

I still think it unlikely due to the several crafting stations plus community space lot type also taking up resources, but it would be pretty cool.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    I am THRILLED. It has been a very long time since I've been excited about an expansion pack. It is so good to see real gameplay that advances the entire experience.
  • chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    Eco Lifestyle sounds exciting. There are already Eco builds on the Gallery. There will be an exploding number of Eco builds once this EP rolls out.
    Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I asked a question on Twitter. Can we use all the things in this package in all our worlds, can we sell the thing we make and if we make them in another world. Also asked if we fix the world will it stay fixed in the next time we play . I did not like the ans. she said you will know all about those things in the next video, Well I wrote back and said, Oh that sounds like a no to me, because all you had to do was say yes.
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Yea I'm a little disappointed I was looking for a major change and gameplay. I would have liked them to mention that they are going to change some options like adding direct control which I think we should have been had on since it was a part of thesims 2. We need open gameplay and more things to do like grocery shopping and driving cars taking kids to school...living on a farm...I'm looking for something more exciting that will change the sims game for the long run. But I guess its something new to try.😶😔🙂
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    My question is, will these "effects of not recycling or taking care of the world" go for all worlds or just the new one that comes with the expansion pack?
    My question is, will these "effects of not recycling or taking care of the world" go for all worlds or just the new one that comes with the expansion pack?

I don't think so because it is a story game, as you know that is not true in the other story game Strangeville. It is the story for that world.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,909 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I asked a question on Twitter. Can we use all the things in this package in all our worlds, can we sell the thing we make and if we make them in another world. Also asked if we fix the world will it stay fixed in the next time we play . I did not like the ans. she said you will know all about those things in the next video, Well I wrote back and said, Oh that sounds like a no to me, because all you had to do was say yes.

They are not allowed to answer, simple.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    lana44 wrote: »
    Yea I'm a little disappointed I was looking for a major change and gameplay. I would have liked them to mention that they are going to change some options like adding direct control which I think we should have been had on since it was a part of thesims 2. We need open gameplay and more things to do like grocery shopping and driving cars taking kids to school...living on a farm...I'm looking for something more exciting that will change the sims game for the long run. But I guess its something new to try.😶😔🙂

I don't like seeing them paint without paints, or sip, snap gardening. I like it when my sims had paint when they pained, and to pick veggies and fruit the garden, weed and that. It seemed to be more real. Of course we all want open worlds and cars that take us placed. I liked milking cows, planting gardens, getting eggs, it just seems like everything is done for you, It is more fun when you do these things, It is like there is no work to do anything, it just all happens quick and fast and move on.
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    I don't think it would be criticised that badly if it was simply a GP. People expect more from an EP and this pack doesn't look like it offers that much new stuff. It really feels like a waste of an EP.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yay the conservationist career from Island Living all over again wrapped up as a new pack...

Oh well I hope this means you will also be making Happy Haunts an EP.

Yes please
    muze wrote: »
    I don't think it would be criticised that badly if it was simply a GP. People expect more from an EP and this pack doesn't look like it offers that much new stuff. It really feels like a waste of an EP.

That is exactly my issue. I'd be happy for this if it was a game pack. Expansion packs should be something that has a bigger impact on the entire game as a whole, like family content and things that add to sims' every day lives in every single world, not just in Evergreen. Stuff that's confined to one world, like Strangerville and this, need to be game packs.

There's only so many expansions left before they abandon Sims 4 and only make new content for Sims 5. I'm disappointed that, now that we know Sims 5 is in full production, one of the last few expansions we have for Sims 4 is something so lackluster.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ravenna wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »

This though, I stopped expecting Sims 4 to be Sims 2 or 3 4 years ago and it's been a better experience ever since lol

I respectfully disagree. Every pack I didn't think I would like turned out be correct in that judgment. Even the packs I do like eventually lose their novelty. I never expected Sims 4 to be 3 or 2, but my opinion of it overall hasn't changed since its release day... and this is despite having every pack for it thus far (yes, I pre-ordered this one too). If you ask me which packs I use for anything besides CAS items, I can't tell you because I have no idea.

As for this specific pack, well, I've never cared for "eco-life", so this pack will probably be downloaded and forgotten like the others, minus whatever I happen to like in CAS.
    Shae wrote: »
    Meh. I seriously wish it were a farming pack instead.

Stardew Valley has entered the chat.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • whirlwind5089whirlwind5089 Posts: 2 New Member
    We had tons of eco related expansions, why cant they do something that stands out more as a new expansion? Even Ive come up with some aspects to what we should def have in game, and defintely need one that I call 'Get Mobile' build garages, manage driveways, lollypop ladies for child crossings, driving skill alongside vehicles that you can look inside like buildings!, But..this is just one of many of my most creative expansions you could add to game. (this is was just one of mine, i know others probably want diffferent stuff) Ea just need to step it up a bit you know?
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Yay the conservationist career from Island Living all over again wrapped up as a new pack...

Oh well I hope this means you will also be making Happy Haunts an EP.

That's what I was thinking. Like, wait, don't we already have this?
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    concerning if all things in this pack being available to all worlds, I just read this Ladders will be a base game update coming at launch. Eco Lifestyle will come with an additional variant.

2:28 PM - May 6, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

I guess I am a analyzer because I was thinking why would they say that the ladder will be a base game update at launch, if all the thing will be in the game anyway. by doing that they want to make sure the ladder will be available in all worlds, the ladder! but will all the things. Anyone have an idea. Will be get the ladder and all other things too.
  • dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    not sure if i'll like this pack, or if i'll buy it. i really don't care much for the idea of a very eco related expansion. this also probably could've been a game pack instead, in my opinion there isn't enough content in this new expansion pack to even be considered one. i guess i can watch a few playthroughs of the pack once youtubers get their hands on it and see if it's worth buying. i haven't even bought university or the witchcraft (forgot its name) game pack, so this eco lifestyle pack isn't on my wishlist.
    i like anime and stuff
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    @Evalen build mode updates always come in patches: glass roofs, stilt foundations, etc. It's just how it works and have nothing to do with pack content being available or not in all worlds.
    I don't know if environment will change in all worlds, I guess we have to wait, but I'm sure we can make and sell things in all worlds, because these machines are just an objects and they can work anywhere.
    Well the more I read and the more I look at it and the more ideas of how you could play it does not sound that bad. Perhaps it will be fun in many ways. Even if we cannot use all things in every worlds we have. I will wait and make my decision as to whether I buy it or not, after I see the next upcoming video. Then I will know more about it. Funny how we express our feeling on something we do have al the ans. to.