Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of 'Simmer' are you??

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm a rotational player but I also really enjoy making and dressing Sims in CAS and redecorating homes. I like playing one save for a really long time. My main rotational save is that one for me -- I basically play the world, not just a few households in it. I have a couple of more niche gameplay saves I can go to for variety, but I rarely do. I am a lousy builder. I admire mod and CC creators and use a lot of their work in my own saves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I'm a family player. I tend to play the same family for multiple generations until I get sick of them. I rarely play more than one family at a time. I always focus on getting promoted and getting their aspirations. Sometimes they'll go out or go on vacation, but definitely most of the time is spent at home. I like collecting things, although I usually don't end up finishing that many collections.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm the type of Simmer who probably spends more time thinking of the game than actually playing it. I have great ideas in my head and I'm inspired by everything around me, but when I go play the game, it mostly flops lol

I'm more of a player than a builder. I am rubbish at building but when I do build, I stick to small lots. Large lots are too much work and imagination, and I usually get bored before I finish it :lol:

I'm trying my best to change up my gameplay style right now. Before, a typical game would start with one sim. I would concentrate a lot on their career and friendships. If they find a partner (which most likely they will), they will have one or two children. I used to play the 'cereal box' family an awful lot, but lately I have started to deviate. I was beginning to get bored. I'm starting to make full use of the packs now. I try and throw in some funny stuff to make it interesting.

Right now, my current family consists a useless spellcaster who lives with his elderly mother and his cat Ninja. Not to mention a Servo called Terrence his dad built before he died. His dad's ghost still hangs out with Terrence and watches TV with him. Terrence enjoys gardening and connecting with nature, and hopes to find true love one day.

So basically, I'm trying my best to mix things up a little. I used to hate mods, but now I can't live without them!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’m 70% builder and 30% player.

When I build, I usually stick to a theme, like building a family home, a home for a mermaid, a home for a police man etc.

When I play, I just go with flow. I will usually focus on careers, relationships and skills. I also like stereotypes in the game but not IRL. But I also make originals in the game, like aliens and other occults. I usually play young single adults that never ages.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I've been away from the game for a while. I'm now going through a phase of rebuilding every pre-built lot in the game, using up-to-date stuff and tools. By the end of it some are all but unrecognisable.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm definitely a player. I do build when I have to....like if I play Rags to Riches or do a legacy challenge, but I'm just OK at building lol.

I've gotten more into rotational style playing. I have this one Save file that dates back to when Vampires GP came out...and it's one massive file for all my occult Sims and big storylines...and it's a mixture of everything where I touch on all the packs, from family play to lots of drama, i have a famous Sim who lives in Del Sol, tons of spellcasters in Glimmerbrook....but everyone is somehow tied to everyone in one way or another.

But I also do challenges, like 100 baby and legacy challenge. I like to think of myself as having a diverse play style....as I like to play all different types of ways, which is why I've always loved The Sims, as the level of creativity is pretty much endless.
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    I can say I spend most of my time in CAS. I'm not really good at storytelling so I can't give my sims background stories, which causes them to be very shallow so I have hard time playing with them for a long time. I suddenly get excited with an idea, spend quite a long time creating the sims and giving them pretty outfits, move them into a lot created by others (I'm very, very bad at building), start playing with them for a few hours then completely ignore them. It feels kind of repetitive. That's why I like doing challenges, having an end goal gives me motivation. My Not So Berry legacy is the one that I'm the most consistent with. I've never seen beyond generation 4 yet. But I realized playing with the same family for a long time makes you feel attached to them. That's what I'm aiming for right now.
  • Options
    glory_joyglory_joy Posts: 134 Member

It's really a mixed bag for me. I play rotationally, and have played at least every household once, focusing on around seven whose stories intermingle. And I do some building, a lot of renovation and redecorating; create new sims and a LOT of editing of existing sims so everything fits the world I'm building, plus the general tone of the town. And I pretty much only use alpha cc, so you can imagine how much editing I do of lots and sims. I use a boatload of mods to keep things interesting or allow things that aren't part of vanilla gameplay. It's all about the whole ambience and esthetic: the worlds, the homes and community lots, and of course, the sims living in my universe.

https://bramble-elfdancer.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2020
    The fake kind, going by forum polemics. All that aside, I usually build most of my homes and community lots, make my own sims, send them to solve the Strangerville crisis or to Selvadorada to explore the ruins. I especially enjoy building mausoleums and graveyards -- see left for an example. Ghoulish, I know. I do everything described in the OP except for community challenges, which I don't really enjoy.