Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the best pack to keep busy during quarantine?

I'm stuck at home right now, and I am looking for something to do. I thought I would get a new pack, but I am unsure which one to pick. I saw other threads related to this, but they focus on a different selection.
I wanted to get a stuff pack, and I already have Laundry day, toddler stuff, vintage glamour, kids room, and cool kitchen. I prefer family play, but I also play pretty short term and I am constantly creating new saves. Right now I am leaning towards My First Pet. I know it gets a bad rap, but I like all the kids items that come with it. I am also really into CAS, and thinking about getting romantic garden just for the hairs.
The only other thing is I don't have Realm of Magic or Jungle Adventure and I feel pressured to get them while they are on sale. Any advice on what to do?

Comments

• aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    If you really want something that will keep you busy a stuff pack is not it, ESPECIALLY My First Pet.. avoid that at all costs. You'll need to get a GP or an EP if you're really looking to expand your gameplay. I'd say go with Jungle Adventure since it is on sale rn, and in my opinion, it's a pretty fun pack. I dislike Realm of Magic as I prefer my game to be more realistic, but you may be the complete opposite.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Stuff packs won't keep you busy for very long, they normally include a gameplay item but there isn't much to do in terms of gameplay after you played around with that a few times.

I don't have Realm of Magic so I can only really recommend Jungle Adventure. It has a lot more to do, especially if you're into getting collectibles. If you're not into the treasure hunting or archeology aspect, you can still take your family on a nice vacation and discover Selvadorada traditions.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm with everyone else above. With the sale you'll get much more with a gp at almost the same price. And Jungle Adventures is a lot of fun. But i don't have RoM so i can't compare.
    About the stuff packs you're inclined to, and if you after all decide to go with a sp, i would go with romantic garden. The wishing well is better than the pets in MFPS imo.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Animal Crossing
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I think Jungle Adventure could keep you entertained for a while. There's enough exploring to do and it's actually risky, tons of bad things can happen to your sims in the jungle if they don't have the proper skills. BUT there's no family play, really.

What about backyard stuff?
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    Jungle Adventure, is pretty funny, and has some nice build items too that is different from many other things... I love the CAS in realm of Magic tough, like i just like it... so cute and pretty and different...
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    For me Jungle Adventures, lots to do in there and when you get home. Nice bb & CAS items, too. I use them all the time.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I enjoy Realm of Magic, but it is not to all tastes. I'd say give it a try, but absent of particular expectations. Let it be what it is.

Myself, the packs I bought for mandatory alone time have been Island Living and City Living. But what this extra time at home has been most conducive toward has been powering my newest Young Adult through two university degrees (10 Sim weeks!).

Any pack will be "something different" for the short term, but I find I am poor at guessing what features of play I'll especially like. So that makes it extra hard to guess what someone else will enjoy.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would stick to the outdoor and relaxing packs like Spa Day just has the best chill music, Jungle Adventures and Seasons and Discover University I think would keep you busy awhile too because they do offer a lot of fun gameplay. Island Living offers outdoor gameplay for all ages and is just a stunning pack. Realm of Magic is amazing too and I love Island Living. For Stuff pack, I would recommend even Tiny Living because it is really fun to build with and its lot traits are nice for doing challenges.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I have both Realm of Magic and Jungle Adventure and I love them both. But it really depends on your play style. I love occults so Realm of Magic and having spellcasters fits in nicely with my vampire gameplay. But I do recall my time with Jungle Adventure and having a blast with it too. I didn't see it as very family oriented but it could be. I liked to explore with 1 or 2 Sims and try to find all the relics. I actually use this pack quite a bit.....so maybe if you're leaning towards a GP.... I'd go with Jungle Adventure.

For Stuff Pack, if you're into camping & outdoor activities, maybe Outdoor Retreat.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Romantic garden for a stuff pack and probably jungle adventures for the gp. The garden pack has better and more stuff than the hamster pack and JA might fit your short save play style better. ROM is kinda grindy.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I agree with what has already been said, if you want it to keep you busy, a GP might be better than a stuff pack. My personal favourite is realm of magic because I love magic and spellcasters. I also like the world that comes with the pack. But jungle adventure is also a very good choice. The jungle looksaabsolutely stunning and I enjoy a little adventure for my sims.

If you still prefer stuff packs, I recommend tiny living. The challenge to build a small house has kept me busy for quite a while.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love My First Pet stuff pack. I never cared about the negativity about it, I made my own decisions like I always do. I love the items for kids and toddler rooms, they're so cute and I use them a lot. I love the pet rodents, they're hilarious.

Jungle Adventure kept me busy for a long time. I got completely lost into the game play while exploring the jungle and the temple, it was a lot of fun. I love the world Selvadorada, it's so beautiful, I often send my Sims there to just have a relaxing vacation, no need to go exploring the temple. I love the build & buy items a lot too.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    The best packs are:
    1. Get Together
    2. Jungle Adventure
    3. Vampires
    4. Realm of Magic
    5. Spa Day
    6. Outdoor Retreat
    7. Movie Hangout
    8. Romantic Gardens
    9. Vintage Glamour
    10. Luxury Party
  • LilfireworkSimsLilfireworkSims Posts: 87 Member
    Thank you for all the wonderful advice! I will be sure to use it when buying my next pack!
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    I think I’m like the only one who loves get famous. Literally my fave EP
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    I think I’m like the only one who loves get famous. Literally my fave EP

For a while I thought I was the only one too lol. It's probably the pack I've played with the most.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    > @j1z1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > For a while I thought I was the only one too lol. It's probably the pack I've played with the most.

Same here! I just hope they fix the bug for the acting gigs when travelling. Aside from that there’s so much to do love it 😍
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    > j1z1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > For a while I thought I was the only one too lol. It's probably the pack I've played with the most.

Same here! I just hope they fix the bug for the acting gigs when travelling. Aside from that there’s so much to do love it 😍
    I like it too. I loved Superstar in the Sims 1 and with Spa Day and Get Famous together are a lot like that pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Jungle Adventure - is my absolute favorite pack! :+1:

My First Pet - is an absolute dog rear! You can get MFP for $10 (US), BUT if you do NOT already own the Cats And Dogs expansion pack ($40 US), you can only use about half the items inside. Basically, to get the most out of the MFP pack, you will need to buy C&D with it. That's $50 that you could spend on something REALLY enjoyable!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    I wouldn't recommend RoM for the purpose of keeping entertained during quarantine. I like spellcasters overall, but too much of the pack feels like a grind and not interesting gameplay. The quest to become a spellcaster is particularly boring to me.
  • thesims4piethesims4pie Posts: 29 Member
    I relly like parenthood it adds a lot and makes the game more relistice also vampires is super fun:)